Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 19

Wednesday, May 6th 2015, 11:05pm

1x8GB leaves room for upgrade, and while yes the "dual-channel" bandwidth is not in effect with only one stick it's still marginal for gaming, no matter the game.
Edit: One example of one vs. dual channel

The guy benched one game, and he didn't even specify what version of DX.

Date of registration
: Apr 28th 2015

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Wednesday, May 6th 2015, 11:41pm

I'm not exactly a pro, but isn't it possible to have 4 RAM slots on the motherboard, and based on BF being greatly affected by RAM slots in use, wouldn't four of 4GB (like the 2x4GB in my build) be best?

Tapatalk is painful to use
Been waiting for that TACHANKA BUFF for much longer than BF1.

Date of registration
: Jul 20th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Thursday, May 7th 2015, 12:07am

I'm not exactly a pro, but isn't it possible to have 4 RAM slots on the motherboard, and based on BF being greatly affected by RAM slots in use, wouldn't four of 4GB (like the 2x4GB in my build) be best?

well, no, unless you happen to have X79 or X99 chipset motherboard and compatible CPUs (basically intel's SB-E, IVB-E, and Haswell-E processors). pretty much all consumer level chipsets use dual channel memory, meaning that you can max out bandwidth with two sticks of RAM, one per channel.

Krolman

Cannot into Rankine

(501)

Date of registration
: Dec 19th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Thursday, May 7th 2015, 12:11am

"greatly"

~2-5 frames IRRC

@The Guy who gives Ammo

These should help you out.
Apparently we do have a facebook... You should go ahead and like it

Oh look and a twitter... Yeah follow us there too pls

If only people would talk back it wouldn't be so lonely.[In B4 I get overwhelmed]

"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish." - Euripides, Bacchae

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."- Harlan Ellison

Things that I support

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

intel best ethernet controllers

ammo regen pls

TL;DR: all vehicles in BF4 are screwed up in some way or another.

I know I shouldn't be surprised that something like that even exists but.... 8|

You're just a spreadsheet baddie.

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, May 7th 2015, 12:58am

~2-5 frames IRRC

I only watched the last video you linked.

Basically, single to dual channel bore an increase of around 18% in a gaming benchmark. And this was for a CPU that benefits a lot from a good clocks/latency ratio using 1866 MHz CL10 (which is pretty average).

I'd say there's absolutely no case for single channel, if there ever were.

LucidNonsenze

Elite (Not Really)

(708)

Date of registration
: May 14th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Thursday, May 7th 2015, 3:20am

Get 2 sticks of RAM, get a HD. SSD'S are overrated for BF4, no FPS difference, first map loading is greatly reduced but every map after you'll be loaded I'm before the round starts anyway thanks to RAM. An SSD only build is quite impractical unless you have the budget for 750GB+ of SSD's and you can always add an SSD later quite easily. A possible compromise is a hybrid drive, but don't bother unless it's a similar price to a standard HD. I see little point going with a K processor on that motherboard, for 60fps an i5 4460 is a lot cheaper, K processors are for overclocking. If you're a student you can get Windows with a decent discount and bump up the Gpu if you want high/ultra settings.

Signature

BF4, PC.

AMD FX8350 at 4.4GHz.
AMD R9 280x MSI Twin Frozr OC'ed to 1150MHz Core. 1700MHz Memory.
8GB Crucial RAM 1600MHz CL9-9-9-24 1T.
1TB 7200 RPM HD
Logitech G400 mouse.
MSI 990 series motherboard
1920 x 1080 IPS Monitor.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "LucidNonsenze" (May 7th 2015, 3:36am)

Date of registration
: Jan 31st 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Thursday, May 7th 2015, 4:02am

I was told to ask around here on my other thread.
Hello, I am a console player and I plan on changing that in the future, I already have a partlist picked out here Would you say that this build would play modern games such as Battlefield: Hardline and the upcoming Rainbow Six: Siege on high graphics at about 40-60 fps? 1080p?
I was wondering if you guys could spot anything that doesn't make sense, or maybe improve this part list within the budget. I have some good knowledge of computers and how to build them, but I wanted to check here if anyone had better ideas or a better build (monitor + peripherals not needed) Any help or tips are appreciated.
Wait when did that 4690 change to 4690K? If you want to roll with the overclockable version then it's highly advisable you ditch the H97 board and go with Z97 (will cost a bit more) for decent OC support.

Also the RAM you picked is very tall and may not fit under certain aftermarket heatsinks. It's always best to go with low-profile RAM.

To be honest the 4690K + Z97 + 16GB RAM really isn't making sense with a GTX960. It's quite a relatively budget-oriented GPU that I had initially recommended based on going with a non-K i5 + H97 + 8GB RAM (to save money). A R9 290 or GTX970 would make more sense.

What is your true budget? :P

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Xuvial" (May 7th 2015, 4:10am)

Date of registration
: Jan 31st 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Thursday, May 7th 2015, 4:08am

Get 2 sticks of RAM, get a HD. SSD'S are overrated for BF4, no FPS difference, first map loading is greatly reduced but every map after you'll be loaded I'm before the round starts anyway thanks to RAM. An SSD only build is quite impractical unless you have the budget for 750GB+ of SSD's and you can always add an SSD later quite easily. A possible compromise is a hybrid drive, but don't bother unless it's a similar price to a standard HD. I see little point going with a K processor on that motherboard, for 60fps an i5 4460 is a lot cheaper, K processors are for overclocking. If you're a student you can get Windows with a decent discount and bump up the Gpu if you want high/ultra settings.
If he needs proper storage he can always grab a 500gb-1tb HDD for like $40-$60 and add that any time, once you have your OS/programs installed on an SSD it's very simple to expand stsorage. The SSD obviously isn't just for BF4, it's also to make the overall system extremely responsive since OS + programs will be constantly reading/writing from it.

Often in BF4 you join a game that is already in progress and play various maps, for which SSD is awesome. I have CTE installed on my HDD and holy crap it takes a goddamn eternity to get anything done.

In the long run I would consider an SSD an essential part of any build to speed-up its overall operation and keep it that fast for YEARS without needing an OS re-install. Not to mention they are now vastly more reliable than HDD's, especially products from Samsung and Crucial.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Xuvial" (May 7th 2015, 4:13am)

LucidNonsenze

Elite (Not Really)

(708)

Date of registration
: May 14th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Thursday, May 7th 2015, 4:51am

If he needs proper storage he can always grab a 500gb-1tb HDD for like $40-$60 and add that any time, once you have your OS/programs installed on an SSD it's very simple to expand stsorage. The SSD obviously isn't just for BF4, it's also to make the overall system extremely responsive since OS + programs will be constantly reading/writing from it.

Often in BF4 you join a game that is already in progress and play various maps, for which SSD is awesome. I have CTE installed on my HDD and holy crap it takes a goddamn eternity to get anything done.

In the long run I would consider an SSD an essential part of any build to speed-up its overall operation and keep it that fast for YEARS without needing an OS re-install. Not to mention they are now vastly more reliable than HDD's, especially products from Samsung and Crucial.
250GB isn't anywhere near enough, BF3/4 are 80GB or so and my program files with a ton of audio and steam stuff counts up to around 600 GB. My OS loads in around 20 seconds with a HD, my friends FX 6300/SSD prebuild system loads in around 13 seconds, the difference is highly negligible. His desktop is 'more responsive' for around a further 15 seconds, with mine being a little laggy but still usable after that unless you're opening up big files both systems are pretty much instant.

BF4 keeps a lot of stuff in RAM between rounds, my first round to load is painfully slow, but after that, even if I quit the application it's pretty fast and in between rounds I have to wait for the round to start.

Signature

BF4, PC.

AMD FX8350 at 4.4GHz.
AMD R9 280x MSI Twin Frozr OC'ed to 1150MHz Core. 1700MHz Memory.
8GB Crucial RAM 1600MHz CL9-9-9-24 1T.
1TB 7200 RPM HD
Logitech G400 mouse.
MSI 990 series motherboard
1920 x 1080 IPS Monitor.

Date of registration
: Apr 28th 2015

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Thursday, May 7th 2015, 6:17am

I did not know that the K type was the overclock version, I don't really know why I chose it (maybe it was like, $5-$15 cheaper) Now that I read all these posts, I'll probably go with a larger (cheaper) HDD and maybe get an SSD in the future for large files only (maybe vice-versa, if my game library builds up), my actual budget is $950 (base price, rebates and promos excluded) Xuvial, and dump the extra cash into a better GPU, and get RAM with a bit less speed than what I have, since the difference is marginal, (according to these posts) but still at least 2 of 'em, for that extra little boost. <-- that contradicts myself, but you know what I mean.
What do you think about this build?Is it better or worse, I got some a lot of confusion here.

Been waiting for that TACHANKA BUFF for much longer than BF1.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "The Guy who gives Ammo" (May 7th 2015, 7:10am)