Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

yugas42

(1,359)

Date of registration
: Sep 1st 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Thursday, January 8th 2015, 10:15pm

Have no idea why it helped though. The update was optimization for Elite, no performance patch notes. Apparently one patch out of date was enough. Glad it's working finally.

Date of registration
: Jun 20th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Saturday, January 10th 2015, 8:42pm

A friend gave me an h80i, but I'm feeling too lazy to open up my case and bother with it. Am I being excessively lazy because it would be really easy to swap from the stock sink?
Cats are cute; however, they tend to keep all the fucks to themselves

Rarity - LOL

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Reputation modifier: 19

Sunday, January 11th 2015, 2:24pm

A friend gave me an h80i, but I'm feeling too lazy to open up my case and bother with it. Am I being excessively lazy because it would be really easy to swap from the stock sink?

Yes. You could do it in about 5 minutes.

Date of registration
: Dec 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Saturday, January 17th 2015, 7:23am

2x -> 1x. Not much improvement according to my research, but I get away from the SLI silliness for a bit and will be better set for the future. At least, that will be what I will keep reminding myself as the credit card statement comes next month.... :P

The McGoat

The McMoose Murderer

(563)

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Tuesday, January 20th 2015, 1:19am

I'm looking for a new headset, the one I have is an old Turtle Beach x41. It is full of wireless static, the mic hasn't worked in nearly two years, and it keeps dying while I'm online. My price point is going to be $50-$100.

I've done some research, looked at the Gamdias Hephaestus, HyperX Cloud Pro, and more; but, I'd love to see some other options that I may have missed. My current headset supports 7.1 virtual surround and I'm not quite sure if I want to give up that option in place of an analog solution. With that said, I have heard that analog produces better quality sound w/ less lag. Mic quality is important to me, teamspeak has dealt with my extraordinarily shitty mic for far too long. My on-board audio supports up to 120 ohm resistance for the headset, if that matters.

I'm also looking for a new keyboard, mouse, and mouse pad if any of you can vouch for those peripherals as well.

yugas42

(1,359)

Date of registration
: Sep 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Tuesday, January 20th 2015, 2:07am

@ The McGoat

Went from a Razer Tiamat to a Steelseries Siberia V2. Sound quality on the Tiamat was awesome, even though it was Razer and fragile as all hell, didn't bother me that much downgrading sound quality a little for a much better mic and better quality overall.

SteelSeries - North America - Gaming Headsets - SteelSeries Siberia v3

V3 is $100, V2 is about $50-60.

Zowie mice are awesome. No real opinion on keyboards. I have a CM Storm Trigger, haven't tried enough other mechanical keyboards to compare.

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration

Tuesday, January 20th 2015, 9:37am

I'm looking for a new headset, the one I have is an old Turtle Beach x41. It is full of wireless static, the mic hasn't worked in nearly two years, and it keeps dying while I'm online. My price point is going to be $50-$100.

I've done some research, looked at the Gamdias Hephaestus, HyperX Cloud Pro, and more; but, I'd love to see some other options that I may have missed. My current headset supports 7.1 virtual surround and I'm not quite sure if I want to give up that option in place of an analog solution. With that said, I have heard that analog produces better quality sound w/ less lag. Mic quality is important to me, teamspeak has dealt with my extraordinarily shitty mic for far too long. My on-board audio supports up to 120 ohm resistance for the headset, if that matters.

I'm also looking for a new keyboard, mouse, and mouse pad if any of you can vouch for those peripherals as well.

Mouse - the new EC1-A and EC2-A are about to come out. You should wait a bit. They're the EC-1 and EC-2 with improved coating and the A3310.
Pad - i can only vouch for the Coolermaster pads (element got the Speed-RX and said it's great), but there's a new version of the new pad Zowie released coming out, which is, according to trustworthy sources, supposed to be on the glidy side.
Keyboard - i have a Coolermaster Rapid-i being delivered to me right now, though i realize that form factor, switches, and lighting is highly personal preference. Still, it's a great keyboard.

As for the headset, i can't help you. The only 7.1 headset i've ever had, the Siberia v2, was given to me. I never intended to try it out, but, since it was free, i gave it a go. I was terribly underwhelmed. I had heard that most headsets were on the bad side, but the sound quality was WAY worse than i had anticipated. And the multi-channel audio didn't make much of a difference. Not only did it have bad sound quality, it was closed. If that's the standard for gaming headsets, i'd never recommend them to anyone. You could always consider a quality pair of open back cans and a separate mic.

edit: just noticed yugas mentioned the Siberia v2; #justsayan #iamcharlie #sorrynotsorry

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ToTheSun!" (Jan 20th 2015, 9:45am)

Date of registration
: Jun 29th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Tuesday, January 20th 2015, 5:17pm

if you're shopping for your audio from a gaming brand, you're doing it wrong. Look elsewhere - plenty of helpful sources out there. thought this was common knowledge by now

You don't need physical 7.1 - you only have two ears. Any and all sounds you hear are a culmination/combination of all frequencies by the time it hits your ear. Doesn't matter if it originated as two separate frequencies from two separate speakers - it's still interpreted as one frequency.

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration

Tuesday, January 20th 2015, 5:37pm

You don't need physical 7.1 - you only have two ears. Any and all sounds you hear are a culmination/combination of all frequencies by the time it hits your ear. Doesn't matter if it originated as two separate frequencies from two separate speakers - it's still interpreted as one frequency.

It's not that simple, though.

Nick 30075

2manyPosts4me

(1,936)

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Battlelog:

Sunday, February 1st 2015, 6:49pm

Alrighty gents, question--I'm looking at getting a new graphics card (my parents agreed to pay part of an upgrade if I give my little brother my 760 for his new PC). GTX 970 or AMD R9 290x? I only have about $350 for it.
Emperor Nick of the Cult of Defibrillation
Sith Deity of Thread-Killing

I'm basically just a degenerate weeb who doesn't post much nowadays.

I'm secretly Old Man Symthic

Siggy thingies

Gaming Stuff

Words of Wisdom (not really)

Quoted from "Blue Panda"

You're fedorable :love:

Quoted from "ToTheSun!"

I have the highest postcount. Nick doesn't count.

Quoted

23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm -
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Okay
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm stabbing everyone
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Bye guys
23:44 Nick: *flips table*
23:44 Legion: Bye, happy stabbing
23:44 *** Lt_Col_Jesus quit (Quit: off to murder the public at large).

Quoted

10:41 LB: You just...reanimated Steve Jobs.
10:41 Dice: Well that would be unfortunate, I was just getting used to him being dead.

Quoted from "Pheozero"

... fuck. Damn you hindsight!

Quoted

23:58 Failure117: CAUSE IM FREEE
23:58 Nick: AS A BIIIIRD NOW
23:58 Failure117: FREEE OF NICK'S WORM RAPE

Quoted

ViperFTW: HEY LOOK
ViperFTW: AN ALIEN LASER FISH THE SIZE OF THE SUN
ViperFTW: I WANT TO SWAT IT WITH MY COMICLY LARGE SWORD
ViperFTW: WITH
ViperFTW: THIS