Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Metal Links

They are watching you

(182)

Date of registration
: Jun 13th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Friday, September 19th 2014, 9:47pm

What happens if I downgrade my res from native for FPS gains? My monitor's native res is 1920x1080. Will I notice a performance difference if gaming at 1080 vs 1920?

Also, thanks ToTheSun!
Quote of the Day:
"Action and reaction, ebb and flow, trial and error, change - this is the rhythm of living. Out of our over-confidence, fear; out of our fear, clearer vision, fresh hope. And out of hope, progress"

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Reputation modifier: 19

Friday, September 19th 2014, 10:38pm

What happens if I downgrade my res from native for FPS gains? My monitor's native res is 1920x1080. Will I notice a performance difference if gaming at 1080 vs 1920?

Also, thanks ToTheSun!

Using non-native resolutions with LCD tech is a no-no. Any resolution lower than native will, obviously, give you better performance, but it'll look like shit. It's that way with all LCD monitors.

Krolman

Cannot into Rankine

(501)

Date of registration
: Dec 19th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Friday, September 19th 2014, 11:14pm

Time for a CRT.

Sent from my HTC Desire 601 using Tapatalk
Apparently we do have a facebook... You should go ahead and like it

Oh look and a twitter... Yeah follow us there too pls

If only people would talk back it wouldn't be so lonely.[In B4 I get overwhelmed]

"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish." - Euripides, Bacchae

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."- Harlan Ellison

Things that I support

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

intel best ethernet controllers

ammo regen pls

TL;DR: all vehicles in BF4 are screwed up in some way or another.

I know I shouldn't be surprised that something like that even exists but.... 8|

You're just a spreadsheet baddie.

Metal Links

They are watching you

(182)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, September 20th 2014, 5:19pm

So I have everything hooked up now. I turned it on and I notice a strange sound from the PSU, it's a deep rhythmic sound, think like a heart beat. If I left the case up, the sound almost completely goes away. I did mount the PSU with the fan blowing out the bottom, as I thought that would be the best solution.

Also, is there a an extension cable that will let me hook up two fans to one 3 pin on the mobo? Right now I have my front two fans daisy chained into a PCIe and it looks like a horrible mess of wires, not very OCD friendly at all.
Quote of the Day:
"Action and reaction, ebb and flow, trial and error, change - this is the rhythm of living. Out of our over-confidence, fear; out of our fear, clearer vision, fresh hope. And out of hope, progress"

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,543)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 16

Saturday, September 20th 2014, 5:54pm

Also, is there a an extension cable that will let me hook up two fans to one 3 pin on the mobo? Right now I have my front two fans daisy chained into a PCIe and it looks like a horrible mess of wires, not very OCD friendly at all.

Yes, there is. Don't know where you can buy those seperately but Noctua NH-D14 comes with one splitter like that.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Metal Links

They are watching you

(182)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, September 20th 2014, 7:44pm

I'm thinking about getting a 200mm fan to exhaust out of the top. That should pull air off the CPU and the back of the GPU. I don't have an OS as of yet but, BIOS is saying the CPU is holding at 42 C and the Mobo is 27 C.

I guess I should start saving up for Black Friday...Looking for a212 evo, Noctua fans and a SSD.
Quote of the Day:

Krolman

Cannot into Rankine

(501)

Date of registration
: Dec 19th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Saturday, September 20th 2014, 9:00pm

Black Friday "sales" are a lie they raise the price slowly before black Friday and just sell for normal.

Sent from my HTC Desire 601 using Tapatalk
Apparently we do have a facebook... You should go ahead and like it

Oh look and a twitter... Yeah follow us there too pls

If only people would talk back it wouldn't be so lonely.[In B4 I get overwhelmed]

"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish." - Euripides, Bacchae

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."- Harlan Ellison

Things that I support

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

intel best ethernet controllers

ammo regen pls

TL;DR: all vehicles in BF4 are screwed up in some way or another.

I know I shouldn't be surprised that something like that even exists but.... 8|

You're just a spreadsheet baddie.

Pheo

I turn down for no one

(1,174)

Date of registration
: May 3rd 2012

Reputation modifier: 14

Saturday, September 20th 2014, 9:39pm

Screw Noctua. I'd rather not use something that looks like it was made out of shit. Plus they're overrated. Noiseblocker 4 lyfe.

@Metal Links
They're usually called Y cables. I prefer using this one: Click

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Saturday, September 20th 2014, 9:57pm

Noiseblocker PWM range on top fan: 1000-2000 rpm
Noctua PWM range on top fan: 0-3000 rpm

But the Noiseblocker fan is less picky regarding how to mount it. Noctua tends to make funny noises in some scenarios.
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,543)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 16

Saturday, September 20th 2014, 10:04pm

Screw Noctua. I'd rather not use something that looks like it was made out of shit.

What? I thought you knew new Noctua fans (IndustrialPPCand redux) were black.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included