Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Feb 12th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Friday, September 5th 2014, 5:57pm

Can you guys recommend an external sound card?
I'm not looking for anything spectacular, something that can easily drive headphones to a high volume and costs something roughly between 50-150 dollars.
What I currently have in mind is the Asus Xonar U7, looks like a simple little product that meets my needs easily and fits into my budget.

I have this Xonar and was deliberating for a while whether it was worth spending extra $$ on a sound card. Having used it for a while now my answer is a hell yeah.

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Reputation modifier: 19

Friday, September 5th 2014, 6:07pm

I have this Xonar and was deliberating for a while whether it was worth spending extra $$ on a sound card. Having used it for a while now my answer is a hell yeah.

It kind of isn't, though. I have that one and i would have never gotten it if i went back. Virtualized 7.1 is shit. All you're left with is a glorified headphone amp.

IG already got an external headphone amp for 30 euros that was recommended to him. It's doing the trick.

Date of registration
: Feb 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Friday, September 5th 2014, 6:16pm

It kind of isn't, though. I have that one and i would have never gotten it if i went back. Virtualized 7.1 is shit. All you're left with is a glorified headphone amp.
IG already got an external headphone amp for 30 euros that was recommended to him. It's doing the trick.

I've had Ear Force DSS 7.1prior to the Xonar and the difference is night and day. Maybe his amp is better though.

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration

Friday, September 5th 2014, 6:49pm

I've had Ear Force DSS 7.1prior to the Xonar and the difference is night and day. Maybe his amp is better though.

All sound output with virtualized channels is pretty bad, though. It simply cannot beat actual 7.1 output. You can get that with any motherboard on the market. All you need besides that is a decent amp, which you can get for a fraction of the Essence STX's price.

I paid 170 euros for my soundcard, but all it's doing is DAC and amp.

Pheo

I turn down for no one

(1,174)

Date of registration
: May 3rd 2012

Reputation modifier: 14

Friday, September 5th 2014, 11:46pm

Picked up a 5820K from Microcenter for $299. Totes worth it.

The McGoat

The McMoose Murderer

(563)

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Sunday, September 7th 2014, 10:09pm

Interesting problem here: My computer does not boot up when I press the power button on my case. All of my fans and lights will turn on, but my keyboard, mouse, and monitor receive no signal. However, if I hit the power button that is directly on my motherboard, it will boot up just fine.

I'm also getting some weird windows taskbar hangs that last anywhere between a minute to a never ending hang of doom.

Specs:
Mobo: ASUS Z97-A
CPU: Intel I7 4790k
GPU: GTX-760

R

tits pls

(2,621)

Date of registration
: Sep 16th 2012

Battlelog:

Sunday, September 7th 2014, 10:21pm

Interesting problem here: My computer does not boot up when I press the power button on my case. All of my fans and lights will turn on, but my keyboard, mouse, and monitor receive no signal. However, if I hit the power button that is directly on my motherboard, it will boot up just fine.

What PSU do you have?

I had almost the exact same problem as you, except that my mobo didn't have a physical power button. Only a few things would power up when I pressed my case power button.
Anyway, turns out it was my PSU that was failing or having issues because it was from a really shitty brand. I replaced it and haven't had any problems since.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "R" (Sep 7th 2014, 10:33pm)

Date of registration
: Jul 20th 2012

Battlelog:

Monday, September 8th 2014, 3:14am

external sound card... if you're not looking for anything fancy, behringer's UCA222 is pretty decent. its built in amp isn't suitable for any headphones that have low impedance though, which means that most in-ears are out.

if you are looking for a high end external sound card, the ODAC+02 amp is about the best thing you can get: JDS Labs - O2+ODAC Combo

Pheo

I turn down for no one

(1,174)

Date of registration
: May 3rd 2012

Monday, September 8th 2014, 5:15am

Turns out, Ad Block Plus has been blue screening my PC for the last weeks. It even went so far off the edge that it wouldn't let me load any webpages because it though the pages were all ads.

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration

Monday, September 8th 2014, 1:02pm

Turns out, Ad Block Plus has been blue screening my PC

Is this 1990?