Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Tuesday, October 8th 2013, 2:55pm

Hello ! probably dumb questions approaching !

I switched from a G500 I had for almost 3 years to a Kone Pure Optical about a month ago.
In any other game that is not BF3 and BF4 I works perfectly, nothing to say against it. But in these two games, maybe because accuracy is so important, I end up having issues ...
The main thing I can think about to explain these is the way I move the mouse across the pad. My forearm rest on the edge of my desk, at approx. 1/4 of the forearm length from the elbow, and I pivot all the forearm to move the hand. Sadly my wrist tend to stay "tensed" when I play making the hand+wrist+forearm act as a single block, so when I move the mouse it describe an arc centered on the pivot point (logical isn't it ?).
The G500 was large enough for me to claw grip it, but the KPO is small in comparison (or I have huge hands ^^) and I have to finger tip it, something I defenitevely am not used to.
And finally, I went from 2000DPI to 800DPI. (almost no tracking error on the KPO in 800DPI ^^)

Now that this is said, I think I built bad habits with the G500 but I don't know exactly what.
If you can tell me what they are I could try to correct it, and if you have advices about how, I will read them with pleasure.

I think I should try to relax my wrist, stop to try to claw grip, I can't play more than a few minutes if my forearm is not resting, I build up tense very quickly, to the point it hurts and I have to quit the game for almost 30 minutes ... so that way of improvement is closed.

Any more advices, ways to imprive, things to change ?

Does going from 2000dpi to 800dpi mean you lowered your sensitivity, or did you adjust your in-game sense to keep it the same?

As an extremely low-sense player I've become pretty familiar with arm movement, and it sounds like this is something you're having problems with. I find it very important that your main mouse movement is determined by moving your entire arm, not your wrist! You describe your forearm and wrist moving as one, though I can imagine that in making such an arching movement, you'll be constantly pushing your wrist left and right as opposed to keeping it in line with your forearm. This left-right movement of your wrist will indeed become uncomfortable very quickly, this is something I've experienced myself. This 'marginal movement' is something you'll have to minimalise, your wrist is useful for minor adjustments but constantly relying on it will likely end up in RSI.
My main advice would be to keep your arm mobile, don't fix your forearm in place on the edge of your desk, this way you won't be using your elbow and shoulder optimally. And yes, even your shoulder can add to your mouse movement. Don't lean into your mouse or your desk, you'll be making awkward movements trying to get the mouse where you want it. Instead, try and keep your arm 'floating', slide your entire forearm left, right, up and down instead of pushing out your elbow and straining your wrist. Use your shoulder to keep your arm up, don't sag and lean on your desk, as I said, use the movement of your entire arm to push your mouse along, only using your wrist and elbow to make small adjustments.

I don't know how much this will help, because as I said I use very low sensitivity, so for me moving my arm is more of a necessity. Once I got used to moving my entire arm though, I found it to be much more comfortable. Why use just a couple of muscles when you got tons of bigger ones in your back and shoulder you could use? :D

MrT3a

The only man who ever reported his own post!

(920)

Date of registration
: Jul 19th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Tuesday, October 8th 2013, 3:18pm

I upped the in game sens.
I went from ~10cm/360 to under 7cm/360 but I think it has more to do with the fact that I can't claw grip the Kone Pure Optical, I'm forced to hold it "finger tip".
I think that DPI change + holding change are the main struggles. Not sure if higher sensibility is better for aiming tho.
Stats thingy

Quotes of wisdom (maybe)

I'm a battlefield player, good sir. I don't play metro.

PC is no longer PC master race. It's PC mustard race, because consoles need to ketchup :'D

DICE gave so much into making commander better, but lemmings be lemmings I guess.

As a good guy that don't want to use overly glitched weapons, I'll quit using the MTAR and switch to the ACWR until it's fixed

The world needs more people like you

+1, I think we're all in agreement that more MrT3as would be an awesome thing :love:
Although if that was the case they'd use up so much of the world's awesome that there'd be none left for the rest of us! :D

yes, I know, I'm a big-ass hypocrite

Date of registration
: Apr 12th 2013

Battlelog:

Tuesday, October 8th 2013, 3:25pm

@MrT3a
I have a fairly large hand: small mice give me unbearable hand and wrist pains even in office use because of the need for muscle tension. Dunno why specifically but that's just how it is. How about just trying a larger mouse? They are fairly cheap compared to the nuisance of tendonitis ;).

In some video I saw a low-sens competitive player use a hinged arm-rest so that he could move the mouse tens of cm while keeping the forearm resting on the support. (Someone testing EC1 vs. DA2013 IIRC.)

Are you now using sensitivity lower than in June (15 cm / 360 deg)? On my path to low sensitivities (25-35 cm now), I have started using a chair position where with relaxed shoulders (!), the forearm is essentially 'floating' so that for fine-tuned movements, the wrist can touch the mouse pad but under no circumstances the forearm rests on the table.
"Less is more? How can that be? How could less be more, that's impossible. More is more." Yngwie Malmsten
"Many bullets help." WoopsyYaya
"most rhetorically legitimate ad hominem 2015" ToTheSun!

Date of registration
: Apr 12th 2013

Battlelog:

Tuesday, October 8th 2013, 3:27pm

I upped the in game sens.
I went from ~10cm/360 to under 7cm/360 but I think it has more to do with the fact that I can't claw grip the Kone Pure Optical, I'm forced to hold it "finger tip".
I think that DPI change + holding change are the main struggles. Not sure if higher sensibility is better for aiming tho.

Ok, this. Get a new mouse, use lower sensitivity => stay healthy and improve accuracy, win win. :D
"Less is more? How can that be? How could less be more, that's impossible. More is more." Yngwie Malmsten
"Many bullets help." WoopsyYaya
"most rhetorically legitimate ad hominem 2015" ToTheSun!

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Battlelog:

Tuesday, October 8th 2013, 3:45pm

^this^

7cm so high ;_;

Octopuss

Rocktopus

(274)

Date of registration
: Feb 16th 2013

Reputation modifier: 9

Wednesday, October 9th 2013, 8:20am

Any of you have 7970 for sale by chance? Was getting 30 fps yesterday, and that's where even I start to notice some sluggishness :P

MrT3a

The only man who ever reported his own post!

(920)

Date of registration
: Jul 19th 2012

Battlelog:

Wednesday, October 9th 2013, 9:13am

@3VerstsNorth
@Lazhward
Thanks for the tips, I can afford a new mouse, not before at least 2014, but I'll try to adjust the height wich my chair is to the top it can go, so my forearm will not rest on the edge of the desk, and encourage the whole forearm to translate without any arc. I'll adjust the sensitivity accordingly.
Stats thingy

Quotes of wisdom (maybe)

I'm a battlefield player, good sir. I don't play metro.

PC is no longer PC master race. It's PC mustard race, because consoles need to ketchup :'D

DICE gave so much into making commander better, but lemmings be lemmings I guess.

As a good guy that don't want to use overly glitched weapons, I'll quit using the MTAR and switch to the ACWR until it's fixed

The world needs more people like you

+1, I think we're all in agreement that more MrT3as would be an awesome thing :love:
Although if that was the case they'd use up so much of the world's awesome that there'd be none left for the rest of us! :D

yes, I know, I'm a big-ass hypocrite

Pheo

I turn down for no one

(1,174)

Date of registration
: May 3rd 2012

Thursday, October 10th 2013, 5:50am

Considering getting a Maximus VI Hero. Or a Gigabte UD3/4/5. Or a Z87x-OC. Or a MPOWER. Or something else. Too many motherboard choices, not quite enough money to try them all.

Metal Links

They are watching you

(182)

Date of registration
: Jun 13th 2012

Battlelog:

Friday, October 11th 2013, 3:57am

Suggest me a great gaming mouse, favorably around $30. I have large hand(little over 8 inchs from wrist to end of middle finger).
Quote of the Day:
"Action and reaction, ebb and flow, trial and error, change - this is the rhythm of living. Out of our over-confidence, fear; out of our fear, clearer vision, fresh hope. And out of hope, progress"

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Metal Links" (Oct 11th 2013, 4:05am)

yugas42

(1,387)

Date of registration
: Sep 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Friday, October 11th 2013, 3:59am

I can't exactly match your price, but I highly recommend getting a Zowie EC1 if you can spend the money on one. I used a Death Adder for a little over a year and it failed a few months ago, replaced it with an EC1 and now I know the difference between a decent gaming mouse and a very good gaming mouse. The EC1 is also $10 cheaper than the Death Adder, for comparison.