Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

IG

Always trust a Tork!

(1,364)

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Thursday, August 22nd 2013, 9:22pm

ALL YOU NOBS.

WINDOWS 8 IS BEST OS, EVERYTHING SO GUD.

L2METRO YOU PLEBS.

You're serious, right?
WE HAVE WON SKEPTICAL RIESIG!

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,584)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 17

Thursday, August 22nd 2013, 10:06pm

Quoted

No artifacts, temps of never higher than 65 degrees too...

Hm. Anyways it's either corrupted drivers or game or similar, you would see if it were defective GPU.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

LB

Railgun Engineer

(871)

Date of registration
: May 5th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Thursday, August 22nd 2013, 11:38pm

I have a question to pose. Friend is upgrading his GPU, and has a slightly stretchable 110 budget, so I shortlisted 3 GPU's for him, and wanted some outside opinion:

It's a top of it's range card, and well within the price range. Got a decent cooler, and this one is stock overclocked.

Next range up, but still within the price range. A brief search says that it's to be preferred over the 7790.

650Ti Boost
A few sites I found while looking for a 7790/7850 comparison said that this was a decent alternative to the AMD cards, and I generally prefer Nvidia because I'm a fanboy

So, what's the verdict?

PC master race!

CPU; Intel i7 2600K @4.3GHz
CPU Cooler; Corsair H60 cooler
Memory; 12GB 1866MHz Corsair RAM
GPU; ASUS GTX 670 (slightly OC'd)
Mobo; ASUS P8Z68-V Pro
Storage; 240GB Corsair Force 3 SSD + Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD (7200RPM)
PSU; Cooler Master GX 650 Bronze

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Thursday, August 22nd 2013, 11:51pm

OCCT DX11 is shit. DX9 or GTFO. And lots of Unigine Valley Scene 6 1920*1080 4AA max details.
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"

Maveco

You can't stop the Smooze!

(610)

Date of registration
: Mar 16th 2013

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Thursday, August 22nd 2013, 11:59pm

The 7850 iirc it has a slightly higher performance overall

Pheo

I turn down for no one

(1,174)

Date of registration
: May 3rd 2012

Reputation modifier: 14

Friday, August 23rd 2013, 1:51am

@LB
I'd probably get the 7790. Dual X cooler 2 stronk. Those cards are pretty neck and neck. Might come down to whether he "bleeds" red or green.

Anyways, I'm downsizing and I'm conflicted on whether to go ITX or mATX. I'm leaning toward mATX.

IG

Always trust a Tork!

(1,364)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, August 23rd 2013, 2:01am

@LB
I'd probably get the 7790. Dual X cooler 2 stronk. Those cards are pretty neck and neck. Might come down to whether he "bleeds" red or green.

Anyways, I'm downsizing and I'm conflicted on whether to go ITX or mATX. I'm leaning toward mATX.

I don't see what's wrong with an mITX?
And I don't see whats wrong with being able to carry a PC in a backpack too.

Pheo

I turn down for no one

(1,174)

Date of registration

Friday, August 23rd 2013, 2:13am

It's not that there is anything wrong with it, I feel like trying SLI/Xfire in the future(Shh, I know single card performance is preferred, I don't care) and most ITX cases out there aren't really built for watercooling a CPU and GPU besides Case Labs or something.

IG

Always trust a Tork!

(1,364)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, August 23rd 2013, 2:49am

I see.
Though on a side now, I've saw people built some crazy computers from the Bitfenix Prodigy case.
Despite it being an mITX case, people were able to build watercooling cases from that easily enough, putting radiators in crazy places.
It's more to do with the fact that by volume it could house an mATX case (And with certain modifications it can), but it's designed to hold an mITX motherboard. With all this "space" remaining, people were able to put radiators in ridiculous place.

There are some genuine mITX sized cases... where it can hold an Asus GTX760 (Half PCB) and probably nothing more at all, that's it. Ugh, thinking about the temperatures in that thing I don't want.

Pheo

I turn down for no one

(1,174)

Date of registration

Friday, August 23rd 2013, 2:56am

God, the Prodigy was such a fail for what it was meant for. So much wasted space on a SFF focused case. You're right though, it does fit a mATX pretty nicely. I guess that's why Bitfenix released the Prodigy M.