Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 19

Friday, April 26th 2013, 1:17am

Thanks, I'll be sure to check the voltages, also can you explain what is an artifact? I'm not really sure. :P

When you overclock your gpu or vram beyond their capabilities, you'll get a full system freeze. However, just before you hit that limit, your card will start producing weird visuals when rendering 3d programs. This doesn't mean you're going to crash the system, but i don't think you'd want to play badly rendered games. So, what one usually does is running a 3d benchmarking program each little step you take towards increasing your clocks to check for artifacts. If you spot one, you take one step back and check for stability till your card does what it's supposed to.

Date of registration
: Jan 13th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Friday, April 26th 2013, 2:13am

Thanks, I'll be sure to check the voltages, also can you explain what is an artifact? I'm not really sure. :P

When you overclock your gpu or vram beyond their capabilities, you'll get a full system freeze. However, just before you hit that limit, your card will start producing weird visuals when rendering 3d programs. This doesn't mean you're going to crash the system, but i don't think you'd want to play badly rendered games. So, what one usually does is running a 3d benchmarking program each little step you take towards increasing your clocks to check for artifacts. If you spot one, you take one step back and check for stability till your card does what it's supposed to.

Thanks I'll be careful then and constantly check the stability!
:)
My Rig:
MOBO - ASUS P8Z77-M PRO
CPU - i5 3570k
GPU - ASUS GTX 670
PSU: CM SILENT PRO 850W
RAM: 8GB KINGSTON HYPER X BLU
CASE: CM HAF 922 MID
FAN: CM V6 GT
HDD: SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB
SSD: SAMSUNG 840 PRO 256GB

LucidNonsenze

Elite (Not Really)

(708)

Date of registration
: May 14th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Friday, April 26th 2013, 3:51am

Hi! I don't normally post but, I'm pretty new to PC gaming, any basics I should know Symthic?
Also I downloaded afterburner so I could OC in the future, anything I should know about that? Thanks :D
Depends on your GPU too, some info for specific to the Nvidia 600 series, and especiialy the 660. The majority of Kepler cards have a voltage 'target' limit of 110% - 120%. Inside that you'd have to be very unlucky to do any damage. Try and keep your fans curve in Afterburner as low as you can, avoiding sudden speed increases that will maintain a temperature below about 70 degrees with 100% usage (above that my GTX660 starts to throttle it's clocks down to base clock) if I set my fans too high I also find it throttles the clocks, I think this is because the card is using voltage above it's limits for the fans. Currently I can get 1215MHz core clocks never dropping below 1202MHz with temperatures not going above 65, averaging 55 or so at 100% usage in benchmarking software, if I try going above 1215 I get artifacts and crashes regardless what I do. Plus it has quiet running GPU fans (CPU fan totally drowns it out, MSI Twin frozr are excellent at efficiently cooling).

Signature

BF4, PC.

AMD FX8350 at 4.4GHz.
AMD R9 280x MSI Twin Frozr OC'ed to 1150MHz Core. 1700MHz Memory.
8GB Crucial RAM 1600MHz CL9-9-9-24 1T.
1TB 7200 RPM HD
Logitech G400 mouse.
MSI 990 series motherboard
1920 x 1080 IPS Monitor.

Date of registration
: Jan 13th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Friday, April 26th 2013, 4:08am

Hi! I don't normally post but, I'm pretty new to PC gaming, any basics I should know Symthic?
Also I downloaded afterburner so I could OC in the future, anything I should know about that? Thanks :D
Depends on your GPU too, some info for specific to the Nvidia 600 series, and especiialy the 660. The majority of Kepler cards have a voltage 'target' limit of 110% - 120%. Inside that you'd have to be very unlucky to do any damage. Try and keep your fans curve in Afterburner as low as you can, avoiding sudden speed increases that will maintain a temperature below about 70 degrees with 100% usage (above that my GTX660 starts to throttle it's clocks down to base clock) if I set my fans too high I also find it throttles the clocks, I think this is because the card is using voltage above it's limits for the fans. Currently I can get 1215MHz core clocks never dropping below 1202MHz with temperatures not going above 65, averaging 55 or so at 100% usage in benchmarking software, if I try going above 1215 I get artifacts and crashes regardless what I do. Plus it has quiet running GPU fans (CPU fan totally drowns it out, MSI Twin frozr are excellent at efficiently cooling).

My card is a GTX 670 by ASOOS so this is very useful info, I'll keep the max 110-20% and 70C as a rule of thumb then. Thanks for all the help guys.
I'm liking the Master Race so far :D
My Rig:
MOBO - ASUS P8Z77-M PRO
CPU - i5 3570k
GPU - ASUS GTX 670
PSU: CM SILENT PRO 850W
RAM: 8GB KINGSTON HYPER X BLU
CASE: CM HAF 922 MID
FAN: CM V6 GT
HDD: SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB
SSD: SAMSUNG 840 PRO 256GB

Octopuss

Rocktopus

(274)

Date of registration
: Feb 16th 2013

Reputation modifier: 9

Friday, April 26th 2013, 10:51am

Well, AB 3.0 doesn't has a OSD. That's an unwanted surprise.
It is/will be standalone installation. It's not gone though.
MSI AfterBurner Overclock Application Discussion forum - Guru3D.com Forums

Octopuss

Rocktopus

(274)

Date of registration
: Feb 16th 2013

Reputation modifier: 9

Saturday, April 27th 2013, 10:49pm

Damnit, I need money. Seems like monitor panels technology advanced a lot since S-IPS times, and there are LED-backglighted monitors with some ultra low response high contrast panels. If only I didn't need new graphic card, lol.

InternationalGamer

Always trust a Tork!

(1,364)

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Saturday, April 27th 2013, 10:51pm

Damnit, I need money. Seems like monitor panels technology advanced a lot since S-IPS times, and there are LED-backglighted monitors with some ultra low response high contrast panels. If only I didn't need new graphic card, lol.

Sell a kidney.
Get ALL THE TITANS!

hunturk

Owner Of The World's Most Powerful Neck

(1,652)

Date of registration
: Aug 4th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Sunday, April 28th 2013, 12:31am

Woooo peeesee!

Any idea what I could get for 800-1000?
Personally, i don't take a stance on whether or not there is a creating entity because i'm humble enough to realize, in my fucking insignificance, the concept escapes my comprehension with a lead of 9001 light years.
RIP SRAW

Wadayoutalkenabeet

Oscar and Moe <3

InternationalGamer

Always trust a Tork!

(1,364)

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Sunday, April 28th 2013, 12:44am

Woooo peeesee!

Mouse, Keyboard, Monitor, Headphones etc included?

hunturk

Owner Of The World's Most Powerful Neck

(1,652)

Date of registration
: Aug 4th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Sunday, April 28th 2013, 12:59am

Woooo peeesee!

Mouse, Keyboard, Monitor, Headphones etc included?

yessir.
Personally, i don't take a stance on whether or not there is a creating entity because i'm humble enough to realize, in my fucking insignificance, the concept escapes my comprehension with a lead of 9001 light years.
RIP SRAW

Wadayoutalkenabeet

Oscar and Moe <3