Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

yugas42

(1,387)

Date of registration
: Sep 1st 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Tuesday, June 14th 2016, 9:21pm

Well, I guess this answers the extremely taxing question in my head: "Which multiplayer game can I throw hours of my life at now since Killing Floor 2 is still in early access and Battlefield has been officially EA'd/ruined?"

I'm not gonna lie this shit gets really old to read. I feel the same way about Killing Floor 2, but they said in their conference yesterday that it's coming into full release this Fall. They added the Sharpshooter back yesterday and I've already played it, and it's really well done. Starbound has been in early access for 4 years, it's not coming out until maybe next month still, oh well, shit happens.

And you have no idea what the new Battlefield is like yet. Have you played it? I certainly haven't. We got to watch some celebrities basically get pubstomped by some Youtubers, and that's hardly any indication of how the game plays. I'd suggest you wait and play it yourself before passing such judgement.

Anyways, what made me smile today?

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2014

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Tuesday, June 14th 2016, 10:27pm

And you have no idea what the new Battlefield is like yet. Have you played it? I certainly haven't. We got to watch some celebrities basically get pubstomped by some Youtubers, and that's hardly any indication of how the game plays. I'd suggest you wait and play it yourself before passing such judgement.

I am gonna guess, but I doubt the main gameplay style will differ a lot from BF4. <-- that's where Vipers conclusion comes from.

Luckily I had fun in recent rounds in BF4, but I can remember a lot more frustrating times, even after the last patches.
still playin' Motorstorm

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration
: Jul 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Tuesday, June 14th 2016, 11:23pm

and Battlefield has been officially EA'd/ruined?" :)

ToTheSun

You're literally the only other arena shooter fan on here I know. Thoughts?

J0hn has always been a big quake fan, maybe you could ask him. also Freakplayer might also have an interest in it.

You think BF1 will be ruined? I'm surprised. from what I've seen and been told of ( which isn't all that much, granted ) I've been repeatedly pleasantly surprised. I like the direction and style of the gameplay mechanics I've seen so far.

What makes you think it'll be ruined?

J0hn and Freakplayer, there are two very good people to ask! Thanks for that, I'll see if I can get a hold of them :)

Gleh...Time to start explaining stuff :P
For starters I'm disappointed in myself that I failed to find a more subtle way of phrasing that...Anyways!
(*Opens Symthic rules in parallel window, begins actually thinking very hard about what he is going to say*)
I've been disenfranchised with Battlefield 4 for a long time now, finally uninstalling it when Doom came out due to hard drive space limitations. To start: I have personally felt (and vocalised) for a long time that I wasn't happy with the way the game was balanced, especially in regards to the CTE. In my opinion, this very very quickly became fixated on three things, often at the detriment of other known bugs and issues:
  • Netcode fixes which, in my opinion (and in the majority of cases), didn't change anything and were addressing issues that either were significantly overstated, wholly misdiagnosed by those purporting to experiencing them, or were simply fabricated.
  • Alternating between large scale balance "projects" that either, in my opinion, wholly skewed the balance of the game toward one specific party for a while (see below) or did nothing of value.
  • Fixing things that the very same CTE program had implemented.

Now I will give an aside to clarify my position here. I no longer believe as I once did that "The CTE is the root of all the world's evil", this was proven to be a wholly inaccurate and ill-informed point of view. I will happily admit that good things have come from the CTE, and as always I will scream from the rooftops that the change where the movement and server-side game code was rewritten (if I remember correctly) DRAMATICALLY improved the performance and feel of the game...However I now look at the scope of what was fixed, what was "fixed", and what remains unfixed as of DICE announcing that they are now longer updating the game, and now see the CTE as either a formality of what DICE was going to patch anyways or unnecessary bureaucracy that took a multitude of indirect and incorrect routes to fix a problem that I think the people who make the game could have gone "Best way to fix this is this" in the space of a perhaps a day or so. I don't feel the vast majority of the community (any community really...Well any community except this one :thumbsup: ) know enough about the particulars of game design and balance (me included) to warrant a hand in balancing it, too many chefs in the COOKING AREA ( :cursing: ) spoils the meal and so on.

This feeling of mine isn't just limited to the game balance, however, but also by the overall quality of the game and it's content. I will save a lot of time by simply listing people I know who didn't have a problem running the game on launch: Rizn-Nuke. In fact I think I can fairly say that everyone I've talked to agrees that the game's release was problematic at best and downright disastrous at worst! But in my opinion, I feel that the downloadable content for the game is especially of note here.
In my opinion, (I'd go as far to say) the vast majority of the DLC maps suffered from either one of two overarching problems: They are either clever in design but poorly executed (examples in my opinion: Metro 2014, Hangar 21, all of the Dragon's Teeth maps), or simply bland and uninteresting (examples in my opinion: Giants of Karelia, Operation Mortar, all of the other Second Assault maps) and just screamed being rushed or not necessarily thought through in the long run.
In my opinion, this feeling is mirrored almost perfectly by the items included in the DLCs. Things such as the Desert Eagle, Bulldog, Lever Gun, and ballistic shield all feel like they were either added without so much as a second thought about how it would actual affect gameplay, or weren't given enough thought as to how they should affect gameplay. Granted some of these items had patches that brought them up to spec (all hail the SR-338!) but I seriously think the mentality should of been one of "Let's delay this to fix it" as opposed to "Send and fix later".

Oh dear, it's been almost an hour and I'm only now getting to the summary...This really shows the lengths I will go to when it comes to people I like (and the lengths I'll go to so as not upset the lovely admins, Neverending Story akimbo sphinx-style :D )...Just remind me to just zip it next time lads :pinch:
Why do I feel Battlefield One will be the same? Simply because I feel it's a set path for DICE now. I remember reading somewhere that the CTE would be a permanent staple of all their games from now on, the pattern with the DLC hasn't changed since Battlefield 3 but the quality (I feel) has (for the worst), I think this is also true for the release of the game, and the trailers (although this is not just exclusive to Battlefield games) never ever show a true reflection of the game...

You do, however, make an extremely valid point, Yugas. I don't know what the new game will be like, but I'm afraid my little little mind is locked now into this pessimistic way of thinking with regards to it...
Locked, yes, but not closed. If Battlefield Juan One does come out and does prove to be pretty damn good then I will happily announce to the whole forum that I was wrong, buy it immediately, and commence living my dream of piloting my own zeppelin to the theme of "It's a Long Way to Tipperary", Lewis Gun in hand :D

I feel the same way about Killing Floor 2, but they said in their conference yesterday that it's coming into full release this Fall. They added the Sharpshooter back yesterday and I've already played it, and it's really well done. Starbound has been in early access for 4 years, it's not coming out until maybe next month still, oh well, shit happens.

I fear you may have read too much into my Killing Floor 2 comment. All I meant was that I simply don't play betas, especially ones where I KNOW most of the best stuff hasn't been added yet or is still being extensively tweaked. Killing Floor 2 doesn't fill me with any sense of dread like Battlefield does. I've been keeping my good eye on Killing Floor 2 since it's announcement (Killing Floor one still being, in my opinion, the greatest multiplayer game ever made) and have put money aside for it's full release. Once it comes out in fall (thanks for the heads up!) it shall be bought, and it shall be loved :thumbsup:

Now I'm going to take an executive decision and say that I've sullied the "Smile" thread with my not-smiles, I apologise and welcome PMs on the subject if you wish to discuss this further :)

--------------------

And to bring us back on track with smiley things! My favourite band, Septicflesh, have confirmed that they're recording a new album!!!!!!! 8o 8o 8o :D

Everybody's Favourite Worthless Support and LMG Fan! :thumbsup:

Song currently stuck in my head is: Red Cold River by Breaking Benjamin!

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,796)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Battlelog:

Wednesday, June 15th 2016, 10:45pm

Now I'm going to take an executive decision and say that I've sullied the "Smile" thread with my not-smiles, I apologise and welcome PMs on the subject if you wish to discuss this further :)

You have sullied my smile ;(

Anyways... When Doom came out, ehh, I only really played the single player in the old one sooo.. Not that interested really... It doesn't look and feel quite right either, a bit slow and weird with demon powers and weapon switching and all that... A new Quake perhaps.. And there it is :> I'm a bit hesitant about the rumoured talent/skill systems and whatnot though... To me Quake is a straight up arena shooter, grab a gun and shoot. No fancy shit other than rocket jumps etc.

The only thing missing is if a new Unreal Tournament came out... :> Even though the 2003 and 2004 kinda lost the feel a bit from UT99 that I probably have a couple thousand hours played in...

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, June 16th 2016, 12:11am

Anyways... When Doom came out, ehh, I only really played the single player in the old one sooo.. Not that interested really... It doesn't look and feel quite right either, a bit slow and weird with demon powers and weapon switching and all that... A new Quake perhaps.. And there it is :> I'm a bit hesitant about the rumoured talent/skill systems and whatnot though... To me Quake is a straight up arena shooter, grab a gun and shoot. No fancy shit other than rocket jumps etc.

The only thing missing is if a new Unreal Tournament came out... :> Even though the 2003 and 2004 kinda lost the feel a bit from UT99 that I probably have a couple thousand hours played in...

Aen play with Viper again? 8o

The general consensus seems to be one of pessimism towards the implied class system. Personally: I dunno, I can see why they're unhappy but I think it could be quite interesting. Adds a new dimension to it :)

And if you're after Unreal Tournament then this might interest you: Unreal Tournament
I was always a Quake man boy, but still would like to see a resurgence in both, and the arena shooter genre as a whole. Jolly good fun that I do miss rather substantially :thumbsup:

Side note: Are there still public servers for Quake 3, does anyone know?

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, June 16th 2016, 12:33am

@ViperFTW

did you know there has been spotting of doom and fallout 4 vr versions at E3?
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

yugas42

(1,387)

Date of registration
: Sep 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Thursday, June 16th 2016, 7:30am

1. I talked a bunch of people into buying Overwatch.
2. McCree is nerfed, and now I can play him the way he's meant to be played. He's a great hero and takes a much slower pace and good positioning to play. My aim is worth more than some fuckboy's right click spam finally.
3. Job interview on Friday for shit that isn't retail.

Nick 30075

2manyPosts4me

(1,936)

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, June 16th 2016, 7:36am

Some people are so salty about the Widow nerf, it's hilarious. "Same damage on headshot, slightly reduced bodyshot damage" now has crazy amounts of butthurt. I've actually heard people calling for 76 and Pharah nerfs because now they have "too much health." They were 2-shot kills before, they're 2-shot kills now. It's hilarious.

Also, Mei is bae.
Emperor Nick of the Cult of Defibrillation
Sith Deity of Thread-Killing

I'm basically just a degenerate weeb who doesn't post much nowadays.

I'm secretly Old Man Symthic

Siggy thingies

Gaming Stuff

Words of Wisdom (not really)

Quoted from "Blue Panda"

You're fedorable :love:

Quoted from "ToTheSun!"

I have the highest postcount. Nick doesn't count.

Quoted

23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm -
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Okay
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm stabbing everyone
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Bye guys
23:44 Nick: *flips table*
23:44 Legion: Bye, happy stabbing
23:44 *** Lt_Col_Jesus quit (Quit: off to murder the public at large).

Quoted

10:41 LB: You just...reanimated Steve Jobs.
10:41 Dice: Well that would be unfortunate, I was just getting used to him being dead.

Quoted from "Pheozero"

... fuck. Damn you hindsight!

Quoted

23:58 Failure117: CAUSE IM FREEE
23:58 Nick: AS A BIIIIRD NOW
23:58 Failure117: FREEE OF NICK'S WORM RAPE

Quoted

ViperFTW: HEY LOOK
ViperFTW: AN ALIEN LASER FISH THE SIZE OF THE SUN
ViperFTW: I WANT TO SWAT IT WITH MY COMICLY LARGE SWORD
ViperFTW: WITH
ViperFTW: THIS
ViperFTW: AS
ViperFTW: MY
ViperFTW: FUUUUCKING SOUNDTRACK :DDDD
(the album in question)

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, June 16th 2016, 6:07pm

@ViperFTW

did you know there has been spotting of doom and fallout 4 vr versions at E3?

Yep.

Date of registration
: Aug 1st 2015

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Thursday, June 16th 2016, 7:13pm

Finished my last school exam, now there is only some random ceremoni left and then i am off to gymnasium. Feels good to finaly escape that shit-hole. :)

Oh and as an added exstra i now have 8 weeks of summer break ahead of me! :D