Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, February 28th 2017, 8:23pm

>that moment when peope laugh at you in cte for using a controller, than a couple rounds later someone says "dude, you're sniping with those slugs!"

nobody of you even knows how good it feels to ebe proven right by someone else without them knowing.
controller best sniping tool.

Out of curiosity, do you use the auto aim for controllers on PC?

well yeah, but there are limits to it, and both "sniping range" and some scopes(iirc marksman and sniper scopes) can't make use of auto-aim, i don't know the actual values though, but at the ranges i was playing at with tehe slugs the auto aim wouldn't have kicked in, though it did help a lot in close quarters and for farming kills to get the sjogren, to the point i almost felt like cheating with the slugs in cqb, if it wasn't that i utterly suck in cqb already with the mouse and am even worse with a controller in there, but am actually better at sniping with a controller.

i obviously wouldn't boast about it if all there was was close range, as there's no way i'd be able to have good results in cqb with a controller without aim assist, especially when hipfire still has accelleration.

i also can't use the ironsights for shit, first round i sucked all the way trough until the last minute, where i picked up a marksman smle(2.5x) and got headshot after headshot at slightly higher than sweetspot range.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,349)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Thursday, March 2nd 2017, 6:42am

I think we need to build a game for the reality we are in, and aim to reach better and more teamplay through that. I don't think that means saying "no" to specific solutions (if they work), or doing exactly what seemed to work in the past. We need to find a way for this game, in this time that makes sense and still reaches the gameplay improvements (across the board) we are looking for.

I think it's very important to consider what you're going to make as the follow-up to something that's very successful. For the successor to a very successful game - if you made one that's exactly like the first one, you might satisfy 100% of the audience but there's no progress being made there and there's actually no progress for the audience as well. When you create something that is different as a follow-up, you might lose half of your fans. Half of them will like it and half of them will not if you make something that's kind of controversial. But in addition to that, you might gain, for example, you lose half, you gain another 50% from a new audience outside of that. So if I had a choice between sastisfying 100% of the fans and having no progress or changing things and incorporating a new fan-base, that's what i'd choose. Even if you're dealing with something that is a part of an ongoing serires, you need to reevaluate the systems, reevaluate the players, things that need to change otherwise the series is no good. I took that challenge when I made Metal Gear Solid 2. I just want to share an example. Say there's this band and they release a new CD and it's a hit all over the world. Then they make their second album. The easiest for them is to create another album with the same sound. No one will complain. But if they do that, the band makes no progress and the audience makes no progress and in fact, there's no actual reason to buy the second album. Really great bands always change things up every album or so. They'll infuse different types of sounds, jazz, hip-hop, or something like that. And of course when they do that, they'll anger some of their fans but that's okay because it's going to accelerate them to a new level and take their fan-base to a new level. That's the kind of thing to pursue with games as well.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,795)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Thursday, March 2nd 2017, 10:02am

Seriously though, changing something for the sake of progression is flawed. It has to be an improvement over the previous or else it's not progress, that's just a failure. You learn from your failures but don't make others live with it.. The change can be equal to the previous which can help progress, but it can never be worse. It's like repainting a light blue room light yellow, it's pretty much the same, but different.

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Aenonar" (Mar 2nd 2017, 10:14am)

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,349)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Thursday, March 2nd 2017, 10:10am

1) A new paint job is not actual progress. There is no real reason to paint your room blue if it doesn't do anything different from a yellow room.

2) I don't see how you can call something progress if there wasn't an improvement. Progress kind of implies there was an improvement or refinement.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,795)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, March 2nd 2017, 10:19am

It can help progress if it changes the mindset/opens the mind.

And a game that constantly replaces 50% of their players with every change isn't actually progressing. It's stuck.

WarThunder is one game that does that, they love to piss off the players with changes and is constantly replacing the playerbase. Its been out for about 4-5 years now and has made no growth whatsoever in the past 3-4, which also shows in their income. But they still hail it as a success as they count the number of registered accounts rather than active accounts. The effect of this is pretty bad when you look at the community, it's almost nonexistent now, because players don't stay around long enough. But they actually like that, they've even been actively working on destroying the community. Less people that complain when they change things, they're just replaced instead.

Quoted

TheMightyVoice

The Pantless Messiah Returns

(1,830)

Date of registration
: May 22nd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Thursday, March 2nd 2017, 10:25am

It can help progress if it changes the mindset/opens the mind.

And a game that constantly replaces 50% of their players with every change isn't actually progressing. It's stuck.

WarThunder is one game that does that, they love to piss off the players with changes and is constantly replacing the playerbase. Its been out for about 4-5 years now and has made no growth whatsoever in the past 3-4, which also shows in their income. But they still hail it as a success as they count the number of registered accounts rather than active accounts. The effect of this is pretty bad when you look at the community, it's almost nonexistent now, because players don't stay around long enough. But they actually like that, they've even been actively working on destroying the community. Less people that complain when they change things, they're just replaced instead.
For a game like Battlefield, constantly replacing half the playerbase is financially sound. Many of those who will be disappointed will leave the game, but have already paid. New players are attracted, who will also pay. DICE isn't reliant on microtransactions from long time players, and frankly, this is a good thing. They are not required in any way to constantly please those who play 3000 hours a year by stroking their progression e-peen, and can instead build a game that is actually fun to play for those who have played 10,000 hours or 100.
Eat your heart out, Badger.

Spoiler Spoiler

<elementofprgress> yummm baby jesus
<elementofprgress> but i'd prefer jesus with ketchup

<cloon> women are allowed to play hockey?
<daddygreeenjeans> body checks are a fundamental part of women's suffrage

<Riesig> "... I'M GAY..."

steamboat28: the doctors at the ER found my nipples, too!
steamboat28: it just..y'know...took them a razor and two orderlies.

<Legion> And damn, now I really want some [redacted] penetrator measurements

<Rezal> peipin, why did you tell them you brought your phone?
<Pepin_the_Short> Because there’s like a one in five chance of getting searched on the way out
<Pepin_the_Short> And trying to sneak the fucker out is way worse than letting them look at Cloon’s dick pics.

17:52:08 <Rezal> Unfortunately, this video is not available in your country because it could contain music, for which we could not agree on conditions of use with GEMA.
17:52:15 <ToTheSun> lolgema
17:52:15 <TheMightyVoice> lolgema

<Legion> But I literally am Hitler right now
Somehow my bullets are magnetically attracted to popular Youtubers, but theirs rarely seem to hit me.

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,795)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, March 2nd 2017, 11:23am

For a game like Battlefield, constantly replacing half the playerbase is financially sound. Many of those who will be disappointed will leave the game, but have already paid. New players are attracted, who will also pay. DICE isn't reliant on microtransactions from long time players, and frankly, this is a good thing. They are not required in any way to constantly please those who play 3000 hours a year by stroking their progression e-peen, and can instead build a game that is actually fun to play for those who have played 10,000 hours or 100.

Short term financially, yes. But for the future... It's hard to claim to care about your players if losing half over a change could be acceptable, if the players don't trust the creator they wont spend their money. You're treading the same ground while building a reputation, if that reputation catch up, it's all over. You might not just have the initial loss but also their friends etc who wont be part of the new harvest.

Quoted

TheMightyVoice

The Pantless Messiah Returns

(1,830)

Date of registration
: May 22nd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Thursday, March 2nd 2017, 12:03pm

Short term financially, yes. But for the future... It's hard to claim to care about your players if losing half over a change could be acceptable, if the players don't trust the creator they wont spend their money. You're treading the same ground while building a reputation, if that reputation catch up, it's all over. You might not just have the initial loss but also their friends etc who wont be part of the new harvest.
This assumes that "your players" is comprised entirely of the players you had in the previous title, and totally ignores all the new players, who are, in fact, also your players. If your ability to enjoy something is completely ruined by the addition of a new mechanic or removal of an old mechanic, you may want to disconnect yourself from the internet and go live in the woods for a while. And you can make theoretical claims about how many players you could potentially lose, but the inverse is more likely true. I've never met people more enthusiastic in telling people about a game than those who have just been introduced. On the flip side of that coin, "salty veterans" as I'll call them complaining about how everything used to be better in the old days seems to have very little impact on people's opinions overall. You also seem to be assuming that the "salty veterans" will remain permanently salty and never again consider playing another title in the same series, never ever, no sir. This is, of course, ridiculous, and for someone whose job is to deal in making great entertainment, barring sales, what reason do they have to give a single merry fuck about the "salty veteran" who quits because they refuse to adapt? They're not even worth your time.

Simply put, if someone refuses to accept that a new title in a series will be different from an old title, what reason does anyone have, be it another player or a developer, to care?

Plus, you're trying far too hard to make an "all things being equal" statement not equal to serve your purposes. Okay, maybe Mr Salty Veteran takes a friend or two with him to Saltville and you lose three customers for the next game. What happens when Eager Beaver buys the next game and tells all his friends?
Eat your heart out, Badger.

Spoiler Spoiler

<elementofprgress> yummm baby jesus
<elementofprgress> but i'd prefer jesus with ketchup

<cloon> women are allowed to play hockey?
<daddygreeenjeans> body checks are a fundamental part of women's suffrage

<Riesig> "... I'M GAY..."

steamboat28: the doctors at the ER found my nipples, too!
steamboat28: it just..y'know...took them a razor and two orderlies.

<Legion> And damn, now I really want some [redacted] penetrator measurements

<Rezal> peipin, why did you tell them you brought your phone?
<Pepin_the_Short> Because there’s like a one in five chance of getting searched on the way out
<Pepin_the_Short> And trying to sneak the fucker out is way worse than letting them look at Cloon’s dick pics.

17:52:08 <Rezal> Unfortunately, this video is not available in your country because it could contain music, for which we could not agree on conditions of use with GEMA.
17:52:15 <ToTheSun> lolgema
17:52:15 <TheMightyVoice> lolgema

<Legion> But I literally am Hitler right now
Somehow my bullets are magnetically attracted to popular Youtubers, but theirs rarely seem to hit me.

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,795)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, March 3rd 2017, 9:15am

I'm used to being misunderstood but, wtf? /nope

Quoted

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(5,875)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 16

Friday, March 3rd 2017, 12:37pm

Looks like things are getting bit heated up again, so I'd like to ask you guys to turn it down a notch.
Also @Aenonar: While I can emphasize with your reaction, you should still write what was misunderstood etc etc (Rules 5 & 2)

Ontopic:

Quoted

Eager Beaver

This made me chuckle for some reason ^^
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included