Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration
: Jul 1st 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Friday, October 19th 2012, 5:28pm

Instantly disliking somebody because they don't share the same opinion is normal to you? Murder isn't rational either, but I guess that doesn't bother you either.

Oh don't worry, I dislike you for MANY more reasons than that!
And you guessed wrong, murder does bother me. Not fantastic at this are ya?

Just to change the topic a little.

Why do you all seem convinced that you have freedom of speech?

You don't. This is not a democracy, it never was.

You are here because Sym and the mod team accept your presence here, they are the people who run this site and they are the people who set the rules. You do not have freedom of speech here, you have to act within the boundaries that are set to you.

Perhaps you need to consider this before you get at the mods for locking threads and start rambling vaguely about freedom of speech. There is none here.

- this is not aimed at anyone in particular, just designed to start you all thinking along a different line.

Read loud and clear.
Consider this dropped...

Everybody's Favourite Worthless Support and LMG Fan! :thumbsup:

Song currently stuck in my head is: Red Cold River by Breaking Benjamin!

Date of registration
: Feb 10th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Friday, October 19th 2012, 6:17pm

That is why his post was pointless.

Tombat, that argument is pointless. Please stop it and drop it.
The ignore button... Use it. Might make your stay a lot more enjoyable.

Quoted for truth.
We do have the freedom of speech, but we have to be responsible for what we have said, and no freedom is without restriction.
It's just like people in countries like China do have some degree of freedom of speech, but when it comes to criticizing the communist party... courts and jails await.
People in the US have more freedom, but are you allowed to leak classified files of the government? No. We all know absolute freedom only brings disorder. The difference is where the borderline is.

And as a mature adult showing some respect to others and thinking twice before speaking out do no harm.

Also quoted for truth, especially the last line.
Why do you all seem convinced that you have freedom of speech?

You don't. This is not a democracy, it never was.

You are here because Sym and the mod team accept your presence here, they are the people who run this site and they are the people who set the rules. You do not have freedom of speech here, you have to act within the boundaries that are set to you.

Perhaps you need to consider this before you get at the mods for locking threads and start rambling vaguely about freedom of speech. There is none here.

This, strange as it sounds, is true.

Looks like you guys said it all for me. xD Just changing the post title to stop Sao breaking his nose again before he reads it.
Forum Rules

Hey guys, lets all remember here that this is Symthic, and we are all mature enough to debate a topic without becoming emotional or insulting. Ad Hominim attacks only demonstrate that your position is weak and that you've run out of supporting evidence and serve to undermine your own position. I hope no one here drops to that level.

Quotes

[Auto's] voice is like butter on the ears

I am quite positive auto's worst fear is a forum with no threads that need to be locked.

Date of registration
: Feb 4th 2012

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Friday, October 19th 2012, 6:45pm

My racism rhetorical analysis got locked. It had nothing to do with whatever happened lmfao.

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Reputation modifier: 19

Friday, October 19th 2012, 7:04pm

@Haemo

Obviously, Sym and the mod team have final word on what the rules are. However, when the only rules established and officially transmitted are "Battlelog attitude = ban", we're forced to deduce whatever else from "common sense" (which we know varies from person to person). The way i see it, till something is marked as overly controversial or, simply, of prohibited discussion, 1st world freedom of speech applies.

The thing about internet behavior, though (regardless of site and rules), is that you either ignore a topic you don't feel comfortable with or debate it and try to bring the participants to an agreement through rhetorical prowess; all while being cordial and well spoken.

What happened, basically, was that assumptions were made from a statement of fact and opinions were formed on those who were brave enough to voice their views, eloquently or not. Now, that's not the healthiest way to develop a debate; and let's not forget the people involved were being so in a thread called "Debate thread".

In my opinion, you can be whatever the hell you want, as long as you're not immature about it and you can debate it maturely IF i am so inclined. If you're going to act all overly sheltered suburban 12yo kid, you have no place on an intelligent community and, most of all, you have NO RIGHT, AT ALL, to proclaim you're a nihilist.

Dice, i have tons of respect for you for handling this maturely and seeking me out outside of the forum to straighten things out with me. Just for people like you (and not out of sheer principles), i will refrain from making statements i feel could border on the controversial. I don't agree with your views and i'd have more points to support my theory, but, like it has been said, it's pointless to maintain the debate on something that caused such a stir.

edit: also, i liked Talent's video very much.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ToTheSun!" (Oct 19th 2012, 7:09pm)

Date of registration
: Feb 10th 2012

Battlelog:

Friday, October 19th 2012, 8:00pm

My racism rhetorical analysis got locked. It had nothing to do with whatever happened lmfao.

It looked like it did? Whatever, I don't think discussing racsism is a good idea at this point in time (well, ever really) though...
Forum Rules

Hey guys, lets all remember here that this is Symthic, and we are all mature enough to debate a topic without becoming emotional or insulting. Ad Hominim attacks only demonstrate that your position is weak and that you've run out of supporting evidence and serve to undermine your own position. I hope no one here drops to that level.

Quotes

[Auto's] voice is like butter on the ears

I am quite positive auto's worst fear is a forum with no threads that need to be locked.

TheLB95

Railgun Engineer

(871)

Date of registration
: May 5th 2012

Battlelog:

Friday, October 19th 2012, 9:20pm

The actual fuck is going on? If you get all worked up about things like this, you really shouldn't be on the internet. I don't care what you lot think of my opinions, I'm fed up (just as much as the next guy) of these damn threads popping up. The "The site is going to die omg" threads and these damn racism and religion threads appearing all of a sudden.

I like this forum, because it's laid back. The Mods and Admins are awesome and it feels like a community. Can we stop blowing things out of proportion? Because I don't want the current rule of "Battlelog attitude=ban" to go to a wall of text that the currently awesome mods have to follow religiously.

Go ahead and rip my statement apart if you feel like it, I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way. This shit needs to stop. Now. As Tim said.

PC master race!

CPU; Intel i7 2600K @4.3GHz
CPU Cooler; Corsair H60 cooler
Memory; 12GB 1866MHz Corsair RAM
GPU; ASUS GTX 670 (slightly OC'd)
Mobo; ASUS P8Z68-V Pro
Storage; 240GB Corsair Force 3 SSD + Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD (7200RPM)
PSU; Cooler Master GX 650 Bronze

Dice

50 Shades of Dice

(751)

• "Dice" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 12th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Friday, October 19th 2012, 9:40pm

As much as I respect your views LB there are always limits on what can be said. The limits where reached even if that was never the intended outcome.

I mean if this is just the Internet why spend your time here rather than at B'log unless you like the attaudes and rules that keep things civle here.

TheLB95

Railgun Engineer

(871)

Date of registration
: May 5th 2012

Battlelog:

Friday, October 19th 2012, 9:46pm

Yeah I know what you're saying but the proportions this was blown to are certainly not needed. If that's the first holocaust joke anyone's seen, you're gonna have a bad time.

This thread should be locked and buried to take only a lesson with us into the future.

EDIT;

PC master race!

CPU; Intel i7 2600K @4.3GHz
CPU Cooler; Corsair H60 cooler
Memory; 12GB 1866MHz Corsair RAM
GPU; ASUS GTX 670 (slightly OC'd)
Mobo; ASUS P8Z68-V Pro
Storage; 240GB Corsair Force 3 SSD + Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD (7200RPM)
PSU; Cooler Master GX 650 Bronze

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "TheLB95" (Oct 19th 2012, 9:59pm)

Sokolovac

Administrator

(332)

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Saturday, October 20th 2012, 12:27am

I will have a response soon.
Locked.
POI~