Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration
: Jul 1st 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Friday, October 19th 2012, 1:21pm

I'd actually like to know why Trix is disappoint instead of just reading that we don't understand anything.

Exactly.
@Viper: Instead of helping us get to the root of the problem and discuss/apologise if necessary, he essentially called us thick as pig shit and stated that he didn't like our company. And for what? He said it merely because we are less sensitive than him. And if he really dislikes our company, that begs the question; why bother posting in the first place?
If I was in a room of people I disliked, I would leave the room. I wouldn't say "You're a bunch of wankers" before I left, that just exacerbates the situation.
That is why his post was pointless.

Less of a sensitivity issue if you ask me. We can tell he's atleast pissed by what was thrown around and I can totally relate to that, honestly! To be frank I'm surprised by his level of restraint in not just straight up saying 'Fuck the lot of ya' as I most certainly would of done!
All I'm saying he is fully allowed and, if you ask me, encouraged to voice his fury by all that has happened. Don't see any point in analysing what he's said because you'll come to the same conclusion that anyone would get every time: He's not happy about it.

Everybody's Favourite Worthless Support and LMG Fan! :thumbsup:

Song currently stuck in my head is: Somewhere Beyond Seas by Varathron!

Immortal Tombat

Ellipsis guys...

(285)

Date of registration
: Jun 1st 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Friday, October 19th 2012, 1:27pm

Less of a sensitivity issue if you ask me. We can tell he's atleast pissed by what was thrown around and I can totally relate to that, honestly! To be frank I'm surprised by his level of restraint in not just straight up saying 'Fuck the lot of ya' as I most certainly would of done!
All I'm saying he is fully allowed and, if you ask me, encouraged to voice his fury by all that has happened. Don't see any point in analysing what he's said because you'll come to the same conclusion that anyone would get every time: He's not happy about it.

I'm not happy about a lot of things. But when I see a person who doesn't share my grief I don't immediately say "You're a dumbass and I wish to never see you again". I can understand that he's pissed off, but the fact that we are less pissed off does not make us simpletons or any less of a human being than himself, which is what he implied. He was out of order.

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, October 19th 2012, 1:37pm

I'm not happy about a lot of things. But when I see a person who doesn't share my grief I don't immediately say "You're a dumbass and I wish to never see you again". I can understand that he's pissed off, but the fact that we are less pissed off does not make us simpletons or any less of a human being than himself, which is what he implied. He was out of order.

Pff, I do :P
I don't think he was insulting you (And even if he was then Jesus, if you're getting worked up over that then us Northerners would have you crying in a pile in 10 seconds flat), he was stating that we don't understand. No, we don't. He was entirely correct. This has obviously affected him a lot more than us and all the reasons as to why may not be apparent. The guy's allowed to vent, he's allowed to state that we don't understand, leave the poor guy alone why don't ya?

Immortal Tombat

Ellipsis guys...

(285)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, October 19th 2012, 1:54pm

I hope you're being sarcastic. Because If you are really as irrational as he is just because somebody doesn't share his opinion, then there's no point in us discussing this as you will clearly take his side.
I'm not getting worked up just over the insult. It's the fact that his post contributed nothing at all to the resolution. And that makes it a worthless post, especially when paired with the insult.
If he really wanted to be left alone, he wouldn't have posted. I am not just going to tolerate him questioning my (among other members) intelligence and let him off the hook just because he's a little more sensitive than we are. That is absurd. End of.

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, October 19th 2012, 4:19pm

I hope you're being sarcastic.

Never understood the concept so no :P

Because If you are really as irrational as he is just because somebody doesn't share his opinion, then there's no point in us discussing this as you will clearly take his side.

There's nout wrong with a bit of irrational thinking, emotions aren't 'rational' by nature.
And that's not the only reason, if I actually liked you in the slightest I'd be a hell of a lot less biased. Don't take that as an insult though, the list of people overall (Forums, games, IRL) who I actually like and respect could probably be put on the back of a stamp!

I'm not getting worked up just over the insult. It's the fact that his post contributed nothing at all to the resolution. And that makes it a worthless post, especially when paired with the insult.

Doubt that, especially since you chose 'When paired with the insult' to end that sentence meaning that it actually had some affect whether you're gonna admit it or not...

If he really wanted to be left alone, he wouldn't have posted. I am not just going to tolerate him questioning my (among other members) intelligence and let him off the hook just because he's a little more sensitive than we are. That is absurd. End of.

While I can't disagree with the first bit I think you'll find I never said he's 'Let off the hook'. All I said was we should let him let all the shit out then once he's calmed the fuck down we start to fix everything. Take it from someone who spends about 85% of their life in a constantly pissed off state, there's no point trying that shit when you're angry as it'll get you no where.

Immortal Tombat

Ellipsis guys...

(285)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, October 19th 2012, 4:34pm

Instantly disliking somebody because they don't share the same opinion is normal to you? Murder isn't rational either, but I guess that doesn't bother you either.
Insulting me gets me peeved, making a stupidly vague and pointless post also gets me peeved. Insulting me (and others) in said post gets me very peeved.

Look at how Dice handled the situation. I thought it was odd how he responded to Sun's original Dark Knight joke. I didn't understand why Dice responded the way he did, but he didn't berate me or question my intelligence for not understanding, Trix did.
I am still struggling to comprehend that you instantly dismiss somebody for not sharing the same opinion as you. I'm sorry to say it, but that to me is both very ignorant and very arrogant.

Haemoglobin

Soft Drink Trafficker

(667)

Date of registration
: Feb 21st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Friday, October 19th 2012, 4:51pm

Just to change the topic a little.

Why do you all seem convinced that you have freedom of speech?

You don't. This is not a democracy, it never was.

You are here because Sym and the mod team accept your presence here, they are the people who run this site and they are the people who set the rules. You do not have freedom of speech here, you have to act within the boundaries that are set to you.

Perhaps you need to consider this before you get at the mods for locking threads and start rambling vaguely about freedom of speech. There is none here.

- this is not aimed at anyone in particular, just designed to start you all thinking along a different line.
I sprint outside my building and judder my way around the block, screaming obscenities at the neighbors before getting stuck on a small hedge and blacking out.
Prepares me perfectly for my in game experience.

Quoted from "LucidNonsenze"

Noobs deserve better!

Quoted from "tehmoriz"

turning on my desk lamp causes my computer to play the "usb disconnected" sound

Dice

50 Shades of Dice

(751)

• "Dice" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 12th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Friday, October 19th 2012, 4:55pm

Reread the opening post. I made that point myself. The title was for the few people that are at this point unhappy with how this is going.

Haemoglobin

Soft Drink Trafficker

(667)

Date of registration
: Feb 21st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Friday, October 19th 2012, 4:57pm

Reread the opening post. I made that point myself. The title was for the few people that are at this point unhappy with how this is going.

I wasn't referring to you :D

Also it was an attempt to change the subject of conversation to a less personal and more theoretical tangent, all of this is well and good but you are still skirting around yesterdays issues and if you skirt around them long enough someone will put their foot in it (again).
I sprint outside my building and judder my way around the block, screaming obscenities at the neighbors before getting stuck on a small hedge and blacking out.
Prepares me perfectly for my in game experience.

Quoted from "LucidNonsenze"

Noobs deserve better!

Quoted from "tehmoriz"

turning on my desk lamp causes my computer to play the "usb disconnected" sound

Cheapnub

Unregistered

Friday, October 19th 2012, 5:14pm

I've kept myself out of these discussions for a while, but I just can't stand it anymore right now...

Are these kind of topics, or subjects, really necessary on a site for game-statistics? The core intention of the website is more than clear to everyone, I assume. And sure, the occasional (*cough* "occasional") offtopic discussion isn't wrong in the slightest as long as it's in the offtopic section. But really...this might be going a bit too far.

Sometimes dropping a subject might be for the best.
We don't want to have a 'fight' going on between members of the website, let alone how this can/has damage(d) the website's reputation. Symthic as a whole is a great source of information for gamers, and has got the potential to change the game in the very best ways possible (if the devs are willing to listen to us eventually) if we can manage to behold the reputation of 'that place that knows everything about the game'.

But, this...no, just no.