Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Dice

50 Shades of Dice

(751)

• "Dice" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 12th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Friday, October 19th 2012, 3:19am

Recent Events

I know a fair amount of threads have been lock of late. I know there has been good reasons and I know this has angered at lease two of you. I would like to weigh in on the topic tho and get a more broad heading on things. Say my views and hopeful let some of the steam out of the pipes for you all. Calmly.

First. I know some have wished to see answers to posts made and are not pleased about their locking. Mods do a job. I can tell you until I spoke to some of the members involved in today's issues I was holding back the urge to blow up. The call to say that freedom of expression has been stifled here is simmering. I can see that. But keep in mind that should all of this really have blown up we all would have started taking swings at one another. It would have been bad.

While I do not think that stopping topics from being discussed is great it is sometimes necessary. Some topics are sacred to some and taboo to others. I think today we hit both of those headings.

To those that posted the comments. (And before anyone thinks I am pointing at any one person, I hold more than just 2 people accountable for today. Not attacking any one person) I would first like to say that sometimes you need to think about either the impact of what you say or adding context to it. Sometimes only seeing half a post or half a conversation makes things seem far worse than they are meant to be. Yes you have the freedom to voice whatever views you hold but you are accountable for those views should you voice them.

Lastly I would like to point to the mods that have had to keep this under control. Today is a day I can say I am glad I am not one of you but kind of wish I was one. Snap choices that have to be made in the face of such issues are not easy. But I really hope that those that are angry at the locking of some of these threads are able to understand it was best for all, even if a topic or two is now well and truly taboo here now.

In short. As a community we all think differently. As a whole tho we mesh rather well. Lets not make talks of leaving or the suppression of topics when deep down we all really know that the choices made today where both in made in careless moments but overall handled very well by almost all on the site.

Dice.

PS. Feel free to voice your feelings here but lets not lock this thread too.

Formerly titled 'Freedom of Speech' - I'm just looking out for you're nose Sao! - Auto

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Autosynthesis" (Oct 19th 2012, 6:18pm)

Failure117

cheap kitchen leeds

(76)

Date of registration
: Jun 27th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Friday, October 19th 2012, 3:24am

I can understand why the mods locked the threads.

What I don't understand is why you would post a section of chat out of context and not let the other party explain the meaning.

That would be like posting "i hate dice" and leaving out the explanation of why they dislike you or if they only dislike you in certain situations.

EDIT: Please don't lock this thread unless it gets offensive/out of hand. Let us discuss things :>
GT: F4ilure 117.
Unholy Leader of the Order of q.

Immortal Tombat

Ellipsis guys...

(285)

Date of registration
: Jun 1st 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Friday, October 19th 2012, 3:34am

I can understand why the mods locked the threads.

What I don't understand is why you would post a section of chat out of context and not let the other party explain the meaning.

That would be like posting "i hate dice" and leaving out the explanation of why they dislike you or if they only dislike you in certain situations.

Agreed, I think Trix blew this all out of proportion, especially hating on Athe like he did just for effectively saying "no country is perfect". Ironically it was Trix that first brought Hitler into the debate thread.

And Dice, I'd like to apologise for pushing you to answer the "Why so serious?" remark. I wouldn't want you to feel like I was hounding you just because I am less sensitive to the controversial joke. I respect that you have your reasons even if I am not privy to them. Sorry, pal.

The McGoat

The McMoose Murderer

(563)

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Friday, October 19th 2012, 4:17am

All I see are a bunch of babybackbitches. :P

Nick 30075

2manyPosts4me

(1,936)

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Friday, October 19th 2012, 4:43am

Stuff happens. Let's move on. Today's blowout belongs to a few people and a few things that were taken out of proportion. Stuff happens, move on.
Emperor Nick of the Cult of Defibrillation
Sith Deity of Thread-Killing

I'm basically just a degenerate weeb who doesn't post much nowadays.

I'm secretly Old Man Symthic

Siggy thingies

Gaming Stuff

Words of Wisdom (not really)

Quoted from "Blue Panda"

You're fedorable :love:

Quoted from "ToTheSun!"

I have the highest postcount. Nick doesn't count.

Quoted

23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm -
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Okay
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm stabbing everyone
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Bye guys
23:44 Nick: *flips table*
23:44 Legion: Bye, happy stabbing
23:44 *** Lt_Col_Jesus quit (Quit: off to murder the public at large).

Quoted

10:41 LB: You just...reanimated Steve Jobs.
10:41 Dice: Well that would be unfortunate, I was just getting used to him being dead.

Quoted from "Pheozero"

... fuck. Damn you hindsight!

Quoted

23:58 Failure117: CAUSE IM FREEE
23:58 Nick: AS A BIIIIRD NOW
23:58 Failure117: FREEE OF NICK'S WORM RAPE

Quoted

ViperFTW: HEY LOOK
ViperFTW: AN ALIEN LASER FISH THE SIZE OF THE SUN
ViperFTW: I WANT TO SWAT IT WITH MY COMICLY LARGE SWORD
ViperFTW: WITH
ViperFTW: THIS
ViperFTW: AS
ViperFTW: MY
ViperFTW: FUUUUCKING SOUNDTRACK :DDDD
(the album in question)

Date of registration
: Jan 16th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Friday, October 19th 2012, 4:47am

We do have the freedom of speech, but we have to be responsible for what we have said, and no freedom is without restriction.

It's just like people in countries like China do have some degree of freedom of speech, but when it comes to criticizing the communist party... courts and jails await.
People in the US have more freedom, but are you allowed to leak classified files of the government? No. We all know absolute freedom only brings disorder. The difference is where the borderline is.

And as a mature adult showing some respect to others and thinking twice before speaking out do no harm.
Si vis pacem, para bellum---If you want peace, prepare for war.

Date of registration
: Feb 4th 2012

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Friday, October 19th 2012, 5:07am

Freedom is not compatible with Civility.

Mickey

I can't control my signature

(707)

Date of registration
: May 14th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Friday, October 19th 2012, 5:22am

Stuff happens. Let's move on. Today's blowout belongs to a few people and a few things that were taken out of proportion. Stuff happens, move on.

MY CURRENT ORIGIN/BLOG NAME: Murrican-Mickey

I say what I want to say and I do what I want to do.
There is no in between.
People will either love you for it or hate you for it.
-Eminem
Inspired by Mickey

LOL Riesig

Riesig seems like the type of person that would jack off in public and think nothing of it.
He does. And people join him anyways.
What, NO!

And then later:

Fapping and lifting 5 gallons of water is dumb.

Also, because i'm skinny asian.

/QQ

My worst fear is not being able to make any more threads.

Contortrix

Professional Ninja

(507)

Date of registration
: May 27th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Friday, October 19th 2012, 8:14am

I am wastly disapointed. I can see that non of you understand anything, have no desire to understand.
So in turn, I have no desire to be a part of this. Reading all of this makes me want to break bones, and I'm not going to subjugate myself to such company.

Date of registration
: Apr 20th 2012

Battlelog:

Friday, October 19th 2012, 8:29am

The ignore button... Use it. Might make your stay a lot more enjoyable.
Valve can stick their dicks in my ass for all I care. Feels good man.