Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

• "ToTheSun!" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 19

Friday, October 19th 2012, 2:07am

The whole nazi thing

Apparently, i've been labelled a nazi for my posts on the Debate Thread. Also, a whole thing was made of the discussion that was sparked by those same posts (which i really find silly and i really think some people need to grow a thicker skin). For those reasons, Auto, as a mod, encouraged me to make a thread "apologizing" for that thing. He's the biggest reason i'm typing this.

First of all, make no mistake: this is not an apology. This is, simply, the clarification of a couple of things: i'm not a nazi and i'm not racist; i've had friends of various races and i don't have posters of Hitler hanging up on my bedroom walls.

The picture i posted of the association between the Dark Knight and Hitler i had found the day before and i thought it was smart how the connection was made. My follow up post was, as a clever reader would have taken, a simple statement of a fact. In no way, semantically, did those sentences imply support or condonation for Hitler's actions. He, clearly, thought he was doing us a favor and he acted accordingly.

I find joy in circumstances when/where multiculturalism works and i support peace between races. However, my experience has been proving me that, if possible, multiculturalism has a long way to go before it's sustainable. In my town, racism is more common than people think and the minorities have done nothing to change that. Also, i believe there is a biological component to "racism", which would make it more than behavioral.

But, then again, i'm a nihilist and i have a picture of a black dude (which i almost worship) as my avatar - if people assumed the wrong things from my posts, i can't blame it on anything else other than their quickness to judge; and their misplaced sensitivity.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ToTheSun!" (Oct 19th 2012, 2:19am)

This post by "Dice" (Friday, October 19th 2012, 2:17am) has been deleted by user "Autosynthesis" (Friday, October 19th 2012, 7:35pm) with the following reason: Deleted upon Author's request.

Date of registration
: Feb 10th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Friday, October 19th 2012, 2:26am

At this point I don't think it would be beneficial for further discussion to continue, so I shall lock this to make it a 'read only' thing. You understand what I mean, it's late...
Forum Rules

Hey guys, lets all remember here that this is Symthic, and we are all mature enough to debate a topic without becoming emotional or insulting. Ad Hominim attacks only demonstrate that your position is weak and that you've run out of supporting evidence and serve to undermine your own position. I hope no one here drops to that level.

Quotes

[Auto's] voice is like butter on the ears

I am quite positive auto's worst fear is a forum with no threads that need to be locked.