Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

LucidNonsenze

Elite (Not Really)

(708)

Date of registration
: May 14th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Wednesday, October 17th 2012, 1:37am

Then it needs to be domestic and the local government needs to do it. Their people are responsible, so they should be responsible for finding them. But then again, the cops were in on the attack, too, so who knows. They might all be guilty.
You can't expect a 2nd world country recovering from a civil war to have the ability to do such a thing, even if they wanted too.

Signature

BF4, PC.

AMD FX8350 at 4.4GHz.
AMD R9 280x MSI Twin Frozr OC'ed to 1150MHz Core. 1700MHz Memory.
8GB Crucial RAM 1600MHz CL9-9-9-24 1T.
1TB 7200 RPM HD
Logitech G400 mouse.
MSI 990 series motherboard
1920 x 1080 IPS Monitor.

Dice

50 Shades of Dice

(751)

Date of registration
: Dec 12th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Wednesday, October 17th 2012, 1:37am

Ends justify the means.

I am more of a Deontologist myself. Consequentialism is such a flawed ethical viewpoint. I do not know where to start in picking it apart.

LucidNonsenze

Elite (Not Really)

(708)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, October 17th 2012, 1:40am

Deontologist

I thought this had practically died out of serious consideration? It's impossible to make pure deontology workable because everyone has different ideas about what is objectively right and wrong, except in except in belief systems such as religion. A deontological society would be unable to improve it's laws or ethical systems, and no set of rules is perfect for every situation so that basically means to me it fails as a belief system.

Signature

BF4, PC.

AMD FX8350 at 4.4GHz.
1TB 7200 RPM HD
Logitech G400 mouse.
1920 x 1080 IPS Monitor.

Souperintendent

Does NOT represent Symthic

(312)

• "Souperintendent" has been banned

Date of registration
: Jan 30th 2012

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Wednesday, October 17th 2012, 1:41am

Then it needs to be domestic and the local government needs to do it. Their people are responsible, so they should be responsible for finding them. But then again, the cops were in on the attack, too, so who knows. They might all be guilty.
You can't expect a 2nd world country recovering from a civil war to have the ability to do such a thing, even if they wanted too.

If they managed to form up to start a riot, kill a man and his bodyguards, and reduce a building to rubble, I expect them to be able to do something.

And I don't care if it's done in the next five days or next five years. Important Nazi members were still tracked down after WWII, despite the war being over. They did terrible things and needed to be brought to justice. Just because it happened in the past doesn't mean that the criminals should get away with it.

feci.

Quotes of the Ages:

Also, sad day when your phone corrects FAMAS to be in caps. Damn it.

That's not bad. My phone corrected "lets deforest Caspian Boarder" into "Lets de-foreskin Asians".... I think my phone is a racist pervert....

I would start singing Disney, but then I would be led on a path of destruction, eventually ending up with a boyfriend who is actually a skull with Macaroni and cheese.

a la Miley Cyrus

An edit by Auto in response to a couple of images of dead Union soldiers from the US Civil War:
Not what Auto wanted to see whilst eating his breakfast.... Put me off my cheerios dammit:/

God I feel like someone just hit me over the head with a bust of Sigmund Freud :D
Fucking hell!

Pandemic 2 made me hate Madagascar more than any other country in the world.

LucidNonsenze

Elite (Not Really)

(708)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, October 17th 2012, 1:43am

If they managed to form up to start a riot, kill a man and his bodyguards, and reduce a building to rubble, I expect them to be able to do something.

And I don't care if it's done in the next five days or next five years. Important Nazi members were still tracked down after WWII, despite the war being over. They did terrible things and needed to be brought to justice. Just because it happened in the past doesn't mean that the criminals should get away with it.
Any group of more than 8 angry people is a riot. That's pretty easy to do actually. Nazi war criminals were part of a strict system, they had ID, paperwork identifying what they looked like and whom they were. Vast amounts were spent on trialling them and hunting them down too, you really can't compare a structured system of endemic abuse to a spontaneous riot.

Signature

BF4, PC.

AMD FX8350 at 4.4GHz.
1TB 7200 RPM HD
Logitech G400 mouse.
1920 x 1080 IPS Monitor.

Souperintendent

(312)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, October 17th 2012, 1:44am

Deontologist

I thought this had practically died out of serious consideration? It's impossible to make pure deontology workable because everyone has different ideas about what is objectively right and wrong, except in except in belief systems such as religion. A deontological society would be unable to improve it's laws or ethical systems, and no set of rules is perfect for every situation so that basically means to me it fails as a belief system.

Well there is a general objective right and wrong, so it is possible.

Granted I have very little knowledge other than a skimming of the Wikipedia article as to what Deontology is, I just wanted to state that there is an objective right and wrong.

feci.

Quotes of the Ages:

That's not bad. My phone corrected "lets deforest Caspian Boarder" into "Lets de-foreskin Asians".... I think my phone is a racist pervert....

I would start singing Disney, but then I would be led on a path of destruction, eventually ending up with a boyfriend who is actually a skull with Macaroni and cheese.

a la Miley Cyrus

An edit by Auto in response to a couple of images of dead Union soldiers from the US Civil War:
Not what Auto wanted to see whilst eating his breakfast.... Put me off my cheerios dammit:/

God I feel like someone just hit me over the head with a bust of Sigmund Freud :D
Fucking hell!

LucidNonsenze

Elite (Not Really)

(708)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, October 17th 2012, 1:45am

Well there is a general objective right and wrong, so it is possible.

Granted I have very little knowledge other than a skimming of the Wikipedia article as to what Deontology is, I just wanted to state that there is an objective right and wrong.

No there isn't. I much prefer the ideals of Utilitarianism and to a certain degree Situation Ethics in a none religious format.

Signature

BF4, PC.

AMD FX8350 at 4.4GHz.
1TB 7200 RPM HD
Logitech G400 mouse.
1920 x 1080 IPS Monitor.

Souperintendent

(312)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, October 17th 2012, 1:46am

It's generally considered that acts such as murder, theft, and rape are all wrong.

feci.

Quotes of the Ages:

a la Miley Cyrus

Fucking hell!

Dice

50 Shades of Dice

(751)

Date of registration
: Dec 12th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Wednesday, October 17th 2012, 1:46am

Yes that is true but I still have my rules that I will not break and my own personal code. My duty to myself and those around me. While Deontologly can not be universalised it is still something I aspire to attain myself. Kant's best quote:

Quoted

Always recognize that human individuals are ends, and do not use them as means to your end.

LucidNonsenze

Elite (Not Really)

(708)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, October 17th 2012, 1:49am

It's generally considered that acts such as murder, theft, and rape are all wrong.

But you can't apply universal laws to those concepts, murder has self defense, manslaughter, accidental death and many other variations. And I would consider stealing from for example a wealthy Western owned farm chain in Uganda to feed a starving child morally right.

Signature

BF4, PC.

AMD FX8350 at 4.4GHz.
1TB 7200 RPM HD
Logitech G400 mouse.
1920 x 1080 IPS Monitor.