Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Dice

50 Shades of Dice

(751)

• "Dice" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 12th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Friday, October 5th 2012, 3:38pm

Book list.

Ok so I can not be the only one here that reads. Getting open access to half the worlds digital content thanks to a UNI log in has done bad things to my eyes I tell you. Love me my books. Again not new news to anyone that saw my thread on my Nickname. Back on topic. What are your top read books. For me I have a soft spot for "The once and future king". I have even read how it was meant to end (The Candle in the Wind) and I love it. My other weakness is a book series known as "The old kingdom Trilogy." Written by Garth Nix it is a great read. Fantasy done with music and death. Necromancy and and hopeless odds. I love it.

Anyway outside of that the book "I Am David" read while in school still stays with me. I can not let the story go. A boy that grew up in a concentration camp that gets out. It tells the story of his travels in the wake of his upbringing and his discovery of the world that he does not understand. The Time he sees the Ocean for the first time is a scene I can not forget.

Next I would say is the "Tomorrow" Series. Marsdon's Epic, now a film in Australia tells of group of teens that go camping in "Hell" Or the local scrub land that is hard to navigate and when they come back find Australia invaded. Their change to soldiers while trying to keep their humanity and their shattering lives as they face death not only dealt to others by others but also dealt by them and later, to their own numbers.

These are the short ones that come to mind right away. Right now I am reading "Hell to Pay: Operation DOWNFALL and the Invasion of Japan" Turning into quite the slap in the face. It has a political side but I will not post that hear. Do not want to derail a thread on the first post. Anyway. Suggest me things to read. Tell everyone what you like and why.

Immortal Tombat

Ellipsis guys...

(285)

Date of registration
: Jun 1st 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Friday, October 5th 2012, 3:48pm

Just read the Mystery Man series by Colin Bateman, and that was thoroughly enjoyable. If anybody remembers Black Books on Channel 4, it's like taking Bernard and making him a private detective as well as a book shop owner. And putting it all in Belfast. And they all have silly names, like The day of the Jack Russell, or The prisoner of Brenda.

Haemoglobin

Soft Drink Trafficker

(667)

Date of registration
: Feb 21st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Friday, October 5th 2012, 4:03pm

Dice would I be correct that you like fantasy series then?
I sprint outside my building and judder my way around the block, screaming obscenities at the neighbors before getting stuck on a small hedge and blacking out.
Prepares me perfectly for my in game experience.

Quoted from "LucidNonsenze"

Noobs deserve better!

Quoted from "tehmoriz"

turning on my desk lamp causes my computer to play the "usb disconnected" sound

Date of registration
: Feb 22nd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Friday, October 5th 2012, 4:05pm

I'm into non-fiction military stories, mostly within the last decade. Finished "Lone Survivor" recently, it's pretty fucked up. The guy is a SEAL on a four-man mission to recon and kill at discretion a local Taliban warlord. Long story short, they're discovered after the author makes a tough decision for the team and the three of them are killed in the resulting firefight with the author being heavily wounded until taken into safety by the locals. There's a lot of controversy though on whether his story is entirely true though, being the only survivor. The team leader ended up receiving the first Medal of Honor in Afghanistan nonetheless.

Dice

50 Shades of Dice

(751)

• "Dice" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 12th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Friday, October 5th 2012, 4:07pm

I like a lot of things. Nix writes fantasy and I like it. White did as well. I like 1984 tho and I am David stays with me. I guess I will read anything that's not romance.

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,796)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Friday, October 5th 2012, 4:09pm

Read Lord of the Rings once in a while - all of them, plus some Jules Verne back in the days... Used to read a couple of fantasy etc but not anymore... Nowadays it's mostly manga or random stuff on the computer. Always find it awkward to read book, can never find a good position for my body...

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration
: Jul 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Friday, October 5th 2012, 4:10pm

I'm a big Sci-Fi fan and would highly recommend Dune by Frank Herbert and Solaris by Stanslaw Lem if you're looking for a good read!
I also enjoy the works of John Wyndham who wrote Chocky and Day of the Triffids amongst others :)

I've got a few others but that should be good for now :P

Everybody's Favourite Worthless Support and LMG Fan! :thumbsup:

Song currently stuck in my head is: Red Cold River by Breaking Benjamin!

Haemoglobin

Soft Drink Trafficker

(667)

Date of registration
: Feb 21st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Friday, October 5th 2012, 4:15pm

I'm a big Sci-Fi fan and would highly recommend Dune by Frank Herbert and Solaris by Stanslaw Lem if you're looking for a good read!
I also enjoy the works of John Wyndham who wrote Chocky and Day of the Triffids amongst others :)

Iain M Banks (Space opera)
Alastair Reynolds (Hard Sci-fi)
Peter F Hamilton (Blend of the two)
I sprint outside my building and judder my way around the block, screaming obscenities at the neighbors before getting stuck on a small hedge and blacking out.
Prepares me perfectly for my in game experience.

Quoted from "LucidNonsenze"

Noobs deserve better!

Quoted from "tehmoriz"

turning on my desk lamp causes my computer to play the "usb disconnected" sound

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration
: Jul 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Friday, October 5th 2012, 4:41pm

Iain M Banks (Space opera)
Alastair Reynolds (Hard Sci-fi)
Peter F Hamilton (Blend of the two)

Not heard of any of them and they're all on my reading list as of right now :)

Everybody's Favourite Worthless Support and LMG Fan! :thumbsup:

Song currently stuck in my head is: Red Cold River by Breaking Benjamin!

Nick 30075

2manyPosts4me

(1,936)

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Friday, October 5th 2012, 4:42pm

Yeah, Nix is amazing.

Currently getting through A Song of Fire and Ice. Just started A Feast for Crows yesterday.

I'm a huge fan of Arthur C. Clarke. (Thought-provoking sci-fi.)

My favorite book is Empire by Orson Scott Card. I've currently read it 16 times and I've found that when I'm reading it, I'll come onto a passage that I can recite from memory.
Emperor Nick of the Cult of Defibrillation
Sith Deity of Thread-Killing

I'm basically just a degenerate weeb who doesn't post much nowadays.

I'm secretly Old Man Symthic

Siggy thingies

Gaming Stuff

Words of Wisdom (not really)

Quoted from "Blue Panda"

You're fedorable :love:

Quoted from "ToTheSun!"

I have the highest postcount. Nick doesn't count.

Quoted

23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm -
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Okay
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm stabbing everyone
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Bye guys
23:44 Nick: *flips table*
23:44 Legion: Bye, happy stabbing
23:44 *** Lt_Col_Jesus quit (Quit: off to murder the public at large).

Quoted

10:41 LB: You just...reanimated Steve Jobs.
10:41 Dice: Well that would be unfortunate, I was just getting used to him being dead.

Quoted from "Pheozero"

... fuck. Damn you hindsight!

Quoted

23:58 Failure117: CAUSE IM FREEE
23:58 Nick: AS A BIIIIRD NOW
23:58 Failure117: FREEE OF NICK'S WORM RAPE

Quoted

ViperFTW: HEY LOOK
ViperFTW: AN ALIEN LASER FISH THE SIZE OF THE SUN
ViperFTW: I WANT TO SWAT IT WITH MY COMICLY LARGE SWORD
ViperFTW: WITH
ViperFTW: THIS