Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Dice

50 Shades of Dice

(751)

Date of registration
: Dec 12th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Friday, September 7th 2012, 8:29pm

Use on board graphics for the time being and try the update. I will see what I can find about this board.

Sao

(680)

• "Sao" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jan 5th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Friday, September 7th 2012, 8:31pm

Ta babes :)

And I will when I get home :) @work.

My Video

I used to be an asker like you, then I took a search bar to the knee....

Date of registration
: Dec 7th 2011

Battlelog:

Friday, September 7th 2012, 8:33pm

Any beeps during startup? Does your computer even have an internal speaker? (my newest one doesn't, I had to cannibalize the speaker from my old case)
Your motherboard manual should contain a table of error codes that will be communicated by beeps in case of startup failure, but that's of course no use if you can't hear anything.
bob

Date of registration
: Apr 20th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Friday, September 7th 2012, 8:34pm

Hmmm, I think its a problem with a component in the computer besides the GPU. A friend of mine had a similar issue when building a PC, whether it was HDMI, VGA, DVI. Through the GPU or the onboard graphics, it would not pick up signal. From any monitor.

Im going to give him a call and see if he found a fix.
Valve can stick their dicks in my ass for all I care. Feels good man.

Dice

50 Shades of Dice

(751)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, September 7th 2012, 8:39pm

I am running a blank on the motherboard. Either its so old no one loves it or its just running an AMI BIOS and is made by someone else. I get the feeling tho a BIOS update is what you need. Either that or the card may not be completely compatible. If the second option try Megaclockers. Everyone there knows more about this than I do.

TruxCaper

Railgun Engineer

(264)

Date of registration
: Feb 9th 2012

Battlelog:

Friday, September 7th 2012, 8:41pm

Oh trux, I tried re installing XP (if I'm gonna get rid of vista I am not putting vista back on) but because I can't see what my computer is doing. I can't do nutin' man!

So you didn't even manage to format the drive? There should be a way to format it through another computer without booting it up, but I'm not sure, I'll have to ask. The way I see it, either it's a software problem, in which case you should probably be ok after reinstalling, or you got a faulty GPU and the only thing to do is send it back and ask for a new one. First of all, try borrowing another monitor from a friend and see if it works, then try with another GPU if you can get your hands on one. Otherwise, just try reinstalling. I'll ask a friend of mine about how to format a hard drive through another pc, I'll let you know as soon as I know something!

What is best in life? To crush your enemies, see them driven from your flags, and read their lamentations in the chatbox. Lasagne are pretty awesome, too.

Words of Wisdom

Grand Bazaar [ASTHMA] TruxCaper

They added scope glint to remind snipers that they're enormous ass bandits every time someone beans them in the skull with a 320.

Most women in the army are built like tiger tanks
In that east German "Kiss me, or I crush you!" way

Dice

50 Shades of Dice

(751)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, September 7th 2012, 8:43pm

You want to format on the computer your using the drive on. Windows does all kinds of changes to itself based on the hardware you are installing on.

TruxCaper

Railgun Engineer

(264)

Date of registration
: Feb 9th 2012

Battlelog:

Friday, September 7th 2012, 8:45pm

You want to format on the computer your using the drive on. Windows does all kinds of changes to itself based on the hardware you are installing on.

What I meant was, plug the drive into another pc, wipe it and then put it back into the original computer and reinstall everything.

What is best in life? To crush your enemies, see them driven from your flags, and read their lamentations in the chatbox. Lasagne are pretty awesome, too.

Words of Wisdom

Grand Bazaar [ASTHMA] TruxCaper

They added scope glint to remind snipers that they're enormous ass bandits every time someone beans them in the skull with a 320.

Most women in the army are built like tiger tanks
In that east German "Kiss me, or I crush you!" way

LucidNonsenze

Elite (Not Really)

(708)

Date of registration
: May 14th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Friday, September 7th 2012, 8:47pm

I would say use Vista ahead of windows XP. I got a computer for 30 with it on and thanks to a bug in the OS thinking it's installing new hardware when it isn't, it was basically broken as it couldn't install a wireless card (or anything including new software/hardware) and I thus couldn't use it for the internet . So I had to edit the registry as that was the only fix and must have edited the wrong thing because now it's not even booting right. That wasn't the only bug it had, and every time I use XP these days stuff goes wrong and it invariably comes up with a major bug from a classic XP list longer than BF3's coding. It may be related to Microsoft no longer updating XP but it's so much worse than Windows 7 it hurts me to use it.

Signature

BF4, PC.

AMD FX8350 at 4.4GHz.
AMD R9 280x MSI Twin Frozr OC'ed to 1150MHz Core. 1700MHz Memory.
8GB Crucial RAM 1600MHz CL9-9-9-24 1T.
1TB 7200 RPM HD
Logitech G400 mouse.
MSI 990 series motherboard
1920 x 1080 IPS Monitor.

Sao

(680)

• "Sao" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jan 5th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Friday, September 7th 2012, 11:43pm

Right. Got home and checked the VGA port on my CPU, runs fine for a CPU GPU.

So either my GPU is knack :( or my VGA adapter is. Need to test with old GPU now I know that.

My Video

I used to be an asker like you, then I took a search bar to the knee....