Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Dice

50 Shades of Dice

(751)

Date of registration
: Dec 12th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Friday, September 7th 2012, 8:38am

HDMI on a Samsung T23A750: (About $350)

Spoiler Spoiler

The Blue lights on the bottom are the reflection of my keys on the bevel.

VGA on a LG W1952TQ: (About $120 But still one of the best things I bought)

Spoiler Spoiler

For whatever reason my LG dislikes photos. I think it is because it is an older monitor using a diffrent display.

Looks like my second T23A likes my xbox more than my first one. Still they are quite comparable now. My other monitor makes it look like shit. My TV always made it look like shit. I guess it short it is up to you. I tho prefer VGA but VGA is a dying bread now.

Edit: I've never had any issues with screen tearing on any game or platform with my monitor.

I thought the same thing. But then I played on PC. It was shocking the change and you will see tearing. Even in small amounts it happens. As I watch more and more YouTube vids of console BF3 games I am starting to think it is an effect of BF3 on the slower watered down graphics. Ironic that.

Date of registration
: Jan 8th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Friday, September 7th 2012, 11:52pm

Its refreshing to see other gamers that have the same display set up as me. I find it really rare to see other gamers that use computer monitors as their display. Honestly i'd only use a big TV for viewing movies thats about it. All my gaming i love doing on the monitor.

• "scott24z" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 19th 2011

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Saturday, September 8th 2012, 6:14am

I can't order that vga xbox cable yet. Will there be less lag on the new monitor using hdmi than there is on the HDTV using hdmi?

It saddens me that the L85 beats the SCAR-L in every way ;(
Oh M240B, the only automatic gun to exceed 1.0 first shot recoil
Going for 100 stars with the AUG, AN-94, SCAR-L, and ACW-R
#1 with the G17C SUPP.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, September 8th 2012, 7:02am

I can't order that vga xbox cable yet. Will there be less lag on the new monitor using hdmi than there is on the HDTV using hdmi?

It depends on the TV. As far as the HDMI VS VGA for the monitor both will work the same the HDMI will just have audio with it unlike the VGA which is just video.

LCD/LED TV IMO are one of worst TVs to play shooters on because of the input lag of the TV. They have a system in the TV that makes the picture look amazing and smooth with almost no blur but when you want to play a game on them that processing takes time may not take a long time but its enough time to for you to see the input lag.

Plasmas dont have this issue because its plasma everything happens so fast thats why the input lag is around .001ms.

Edit: You can get some good HDMI cables on newegg for like $5 gold plated and everything. Pretty much as good as $100 monster cables.

• "scott24z" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 19th 2011

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Sunday, September 9th 2012, 11:37pm

I normally do. It shows.

I've decided to wait to get the monitor until next paycheck and get the cable tomorrow. Will this cable work with my 1280x1024 monitor for now? How do you configure what resolution you want to output from the xbox?

It saddens me that the L85 beats the SCAR-L in every way ;(
Oh M240B, the only automatic gun to exceed 1.0 first shot recoil
Going for 100 stars with the AUG, AN-94, SCAR-L, and ACW-R
#1 with the G17C SUPP.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, September 10th 2012, 2:43am

I normally do. It shows.

I've decided to wait to get the monitor until next paycheck and get the cable tomorrow. Will this cable work with my 1280x1024 monitor for now? How do you configure what resolution you want to output from the xbox?
You will have to edit it in the display settings in the system settings on the xbox.

if the cable your talking about is a HDMI or VGA it should work at any resolution.

LucidNonsenze

Elite (Not Really)

(708)

Date of registration
: May 14th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Monday, September 10th 2012, 2:47am

I normally do. It shows.

You will have to edit it in the display settings in the system settings on the xbox.

if the cable your talking about is a HDMI or VGA it should work at any resolution.

For most games it should be 1280 x 720 so that means it might well be windowed or stretched.

Signature

BF4, PC.

AMD FX8350 at 4.4GHz.
AMD R9 280x MSI Twin Frozr OC'ed to 1150MHz Core. 1700MHz Memory.
8GB Crucial RAM 1600MHz CL9-9-9-24 1T.
1TB 7200 RPM HD
Logitech G400 mouse.
MSI 990 series motherboard
1920 x 1080 IPS Monitor.

This post "New buyers guide for gaming monitors" by "gamersgame" (Tuesday, November 10th 2015, 3:43pm) has been deleted by user "Blue Panda" (Tuesday, November 10th 2015, 5:54pm)