Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

TheLB95

Railgun Engineer

(871)

Date of registration
: May 5th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Wednesday, August 22nd 2012, 4:49pm

oh it's on buddy, j/k

i'm a 3D cad monkey all day and most of the night, so I like playing on my PS3 to separate myself from the keyboard, i like using a controller over the mouse even though i know the mouse and keyboard have more control because of the tactile feel of the controller, it tells my brain "ok, this is fun time". plus i have an old school mentality that gaming on a cmputer is cheezy, back in the days of PS1, computer games were way behind, the hardware was behind, the developer support was behind. now it's flipped for sure, but as long as consoles are around, or should I say Playstation, i'll leave my computer to modeling.
Yeah yeah, I used to feel the same way about consoles. It's a lot easier to just, turn on the console, invite a few friends and start playing than PC but since moving to PC I can't bring myself to turn my console on more than once a week.

And Riesig, there's a new game brah. Get with the times!!11one11!

PC master race!

CPU; Intel i7 2600K @4.3GHz
CPU Cooler; Corsair H60 cooler
Memory; 12GB 1866MHz Corsair RAM
GPU; ASUS GTX 670 (slightly OC'd)
Mobo; ASUS P8Z68-V Pro
Storage; 240GB Corsair Force 3 SSD + Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD (7200RPM)
PSU; Cooler Master GX 650 Bronze

Date of registration
: Jun 28th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Wednesday, August 22nd 2012, 4:52pm

Isn't Counter Strike dead? :P
It was still one of the most played competitive games.

Date of registration
: Mar 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Wednesday, August 22nd 2012, 5:19pm

Well, counter-strike is a game that is supposed to be played on PC, not consoles. If you really want to play real counter-strike, buy the original CS. Almost every computer can run it, and it still has A LOT of players. I was in CS:GO beta, and I didn't like it. Models and graphics were ugly, guns looked like they were toys, animations were clumsy and sounds terrible. It may look great to a new player or a graphic whore, but in CS it's more important to see the enemy clearly, they are not supposed to fade in the background or fog. Maybe I'm just a 1.6 elitist but that's only my opinion.
Battlelog: edddyee

Date of registration
: Apr 20th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Wednesday, August 22nd 2012, 5:30pm

I never really got the appeal of Counter Strike... not to mention this one is not that big of a different from CS:Source... Dont get me wrong, I respect the fact that CS is the basis for basically all FPS games out there.. but the gameplay, and mechanics of it all make me feel like I'm back in 2001. Oh and not to mention the sound... its horrendous....

OH, and to add to the PC,console conversation... I was a console gamer most of my life and played low-requirement PC games on my modest PC after I was about 13-14. After it went to shit I upgraded from a PS2 to a PS3 and played that almost exclusively until I built my new PC 6 months ago. Console has, (In my opinion)... ONE advantage. On PC you a 100 times more likely to run into hackers, while most games on console don't even have ways to be hacked that are within reason.

I play most of my games on PC, but I keep the PS3 for the awesome exclusives like Metal Gear, Gran Turismo, God of War, The Last of Us, and many more..
Valve can stick their dicks in my ass for all I care. Feels good man.

• "kleerkoat" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jul 18th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Wednesday, August 22nd 2012, 5:31pm

...It may look great to a new player or a graphic whore.....

to me gameplay and mechanics are more important than graphics. CS:GO looks like Playskool: My First FPS, I know the originals weren't that impressive to begin with (maybe at the time it was) But for it to have such a cult following and still a large player base, playing this iteration left me wondering, "What's all the hype about?".

Date of registration
: Apr 20th 2012

Battlelog:

Wednesday, August 22nd 2012, 5:42pm

Ok wtf... I just looked at a few videos. I always thought the sound was kind of bad, but seriously.. it sounds like the same exact sound pack from CS:Source, not to mention the gameplay is almost identical.....

8 years!?!? 8 years and all you did was toss in a few new mechanics and better graphics.... 8 years and its the same damn engine....

$15 game.... eh I guess you get what you pay for..
Valve can stick their dicks in my ass for all I care. Feels good man.

Contortrix

Professional Ninja

(507)

Date of registration
: May 27th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Wednesday, August 22nd 2012, 5:45pm

Implying any of the CS players would buy it if it wasn't the same game with a different art style.
Though I hear the weapon balance is better in GO. But I wouldn't know about that.

I can still remember when Source came out. 60% of the CS 1.6 players were "That's a bad game." and they just kept playing 1.6. And they still are.
Now the communities for 1.6 and Source will be split again over GO. There will be people who feel it sucks compared to the original (depending on if they are young enough to have started with Source like my brother) and there will be people who will move to GO.

AdmiralGiggles

Honurabur Reader

(519)

Date of registration
: Aug 14th 2012

Battlelog:

Thursday, August 23rd 2012, 1:27am

I played 1.6 and CSS when i was younger, don't see why i should buy or even play CS:GO, it offers nothing interesting.
The appealing part of CS is the competitive scene, all mad skillz brah.

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, August 27th 2012, 1:06am

CS 1.6 is great. CS:GO has much better graphics, much higher initial spread, much higher spread increase per shot, some new guns that don't really change anything. I thought it was garbage.