Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Wednesday, January 11th 2017, 9:30am

It seems more like a personality development problem and less of a gender specific.

Just pointing this out to not let 'psychotherapist' stuff float around, transsexuality is definitely a biological phenomenon with genetic basis. I.e., not something that one chooses or can 'heal from'. Of course everything in life involves development and psychological factors, but they alone are unlikely causes for trans-issues or sexual orientations.

I'm not gonna delve in trans talk as stated elsewhere, however, i don't feel like what you said it's completely true, being an individual who has multiple mental disorders of biological form but never knew which since just before turning 18, and having lived most of my life around psychologists, i don't feel at all that psychology shouldn't be involved, sure you can't be "cured" crom a feeling you have due to biological reasons, but psycologists can help deal with it super-fast if you have any trouble, for exampl:

I have some degree of the autistic spectrum disorder and dysthymic disorder,i've not taken any emotive regulator pill for months to try and lose weight(note: it worked to a fairly decent extent) and around christmas i've underewent a midnight crisis to the point i cried in the arms of my ftaher, however, thanks to psychology(no, i'm still very ignorant about my disorders) i knew exactly why i was feeling like thta and how useless it was to act like that, so after 2 rounds of venting at nothing to my father and mother i was already feeling fine as if nothing happened: i knew what was going on, i knew what i should have done and i knew why it was happening, all thanks to psychology and psychiatrists, when this stufff happened years before, i would feel like that for days, weeks, but not now.

In general, i feel like everyone who doesn't have a perfect life requires a psychologist, due to different evaluation scsles, even things that may seem stipid can cause panic attacks in some people, while things thta should have major impacts on your life barely touch you, that too for example requires a psychologist.
to be clear, anything that involves your emotions being in a negative state for a prolonged time or to be extremely periodically require you to get a visit to a psychologist.
the problen is the psychologist themselves... i knew so many, and you could say that i could be a better psychologist than most pf them which is kind of crazy, especially considering italy has some of the best out there(e.g. dr. Curatolo , who was a pivotal point in defining adhd)

Tl;dr psychologists in a lot of cases serve more like (a very effective) painkiller than a complete cure, but unless they're terrible psychologists, they an always be useful.

Quick tip to know if they suck: if they tell you or you hear them say that you are crazy, they're terrible psychologists.

@ARE5RO6

Soko IS a mod.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Date of registration
: Apr 12th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Wednesday, January 11th 2017, 9:40am

...i don't feel like what you said it's completely true...

It is. But your point is good and I didn't imply that psychologists would not be useful. One still needs mental coping mechanisms even if the 'problems' are biological, and for some, psychological support will certainly help in building these mechanisms. (Quotation marks because many people from minority groups would not (and should not) classify their state as a problem but rather as just who they are.)
"Less is more? How can that be? How could less be more, that's impossible. More is more." Yngwie Malmsten
"Many bullets help." WoopsyYaya
"most rhetorically legitimate ad hominem 2015" ToTheSun!

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2014

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Wednesday, January 11th 2017, 1:40pm

Its more in depth than I can just put in a text post like that but yes, I was in therapy for nearly a year before they would even consider hormones. Australia is very strict about this.

Also, yes marbleduck I have surgery booked for next year lol.

Ok good to know. I just wanted to point this out to prevent you from doing the change without considering more options. Some people are like that, good you arent.

Just pointing this out to not let 'psychotherapist' stuff float around, transsexuality is definitely a biological phenomenon with genetic basis. I.e., not something that one chooses or can 'heal from'. Of course everything in life involves development and psychological factors, but they alone are unlikely causes for trans-issues or sexual orientations.

So what ? I guess you want to tell me, that just because there is a genetic basis, the use of hormones and surgery will solve it. Your Solutionist logic is ice cold: "Transsexuality --> genetic basis --> use hormones and surgery --> Problem solved"

Just because there is a genetic basis for transexuality, the switch to a different gender is just the most obvious solution, but is it the root of the problem ? You usually want to solve the root of the problem and not the symptoms.

I wanted to ask for the root of the problem. Not to make fun of him, but trying to understand what is going on in a person with transsexuality issues.

---edit---

Sorry, didnt saw that post

Quoted

It is. But your point is good and I didn't imply that psychologists would not be useful. One still needs mental coping mechanisms even if the 'problems' are biological, and for some, psychological support will certainly help in building these mechanisms. (Quotation marks because many people from minority groups would not (and should not) classify their state as a problem but rather as just who they are.)
still playin' Motorstorm

Date of registration
: Apr 12th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Wednesday, January 11th 2017, 2:33pm

@ARE5R06

Indeed, the cause and the treatment (or cure) are different things.

I wrote "biological reasons" to banish the thought that the causes of trans-identity or sexual orientation could be 'psychological'. The feeling of being a man or a woman (or something else), just like the feeling of being straight, gay, bi (or something else), is biological, innate, and remarkably difficult to influence by things like how you have been raised. See, e.g., the sad story of David Reimer (or the crap about "healing from being gay").

And of course even if there is a strong consensus that the causes are biological, the causes are poorly understood - and even if they were perfectly understood, it could be impossible to develop a 'cure' to fix the condition. Hence treatments, not cures, are what need to be considered.

How one then copes with this feeling (= treats the problem) is another thing, very individual. Acceptance, psychological counseling, hormones, surgery...

So, my post was to say that one is born this way, just like one may be born with any other condition, and it needs to be accepted by everyone involved.
"Less is more? How can that be? How could less be more, that's impossible. More is more." Yngwie Malmsten
"Many bullets help." WoopsyYaya
"most rhetorically legitimate ad hominem 2015" ToTheSun!

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Wednesday, January 11th 2017, 3:06pm

But my gender science professor said that it is merely a social construct!
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"

marbleduck

Smoked Salmon Best Salmon

(1,510)

Date of registration
: Dec 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Wednesday, January 11th 2017, 4:52pm

Its more in depth than I can just put in a text post like that but yes, I was in therapy for nearly a year before they would even consider hormones. Australia is very strict about this.

You're fine for an Internet forum imo

Facial surgery, breast augmentation, genital reassignment or all of it?

tits or gtfo post pictures in a year pls. The, uh, face, not the genitals.

Platoon Marble Duck

Hate Mail

"you obviously don't know what an argument is as there is only one person battling. Do you really fucking think I want subs? You think you can act all big and powerful just because you sit on a computer at least 6 hours a day like the probably nerdy unwanted retard you are with 4.3k subs? You think 4.3k subs is a lot? LOL you need medicine man. I don't want any subs as i just have a google account for other media and writing comments. Think twice before you act. You even said in your video you aren't that great of a player, and the comments agree you aren't. Maybe you should once again think twice before you act, stop being such an annoying, ignorant bastard that everyone wants to shut up, and god, literally, just shut up. Your voice gave me a headache :s"

"As a youtuber shouldn't be trying to be reeling in your viewers with exciting stuff being said not your boring ass commentary for your video"

"The more you watch his vid the dumber he gets I swear he's borderline autistic look I got shot behind cover beacuase thin sheets metal are unpenetrable. Bf4 is just as quiet and tactical as bf3 random explosion in the background . Player has dissconected from chat
You started playing bf3 and never touched bfc1/2. Please do yourself a favor and shutdown your generic cod channel down"

"Nice clickb8 Faggot w8ting for your shit tier video to disable comments . Fucking newfag cancer go play some cod you activisiom cock faggot"

"I don't see why he [MarbleDuck] always tries to shit on levelcap he is better and has a million more subs...and also "there isnt a best gun in she game there are guns that are better that others at different engagement distances" yes thats true and whichever is the best/most average at all of them is the "best gun""

"Marbleduck you don't know shit lol levelcap knows more than you do you cant talk about how someone puts up garbage when you do yourself your a newcomer to YouTube acting like you know shit step up in the food chain first then you have the right to talk otherwise your just a fish trying to compete with sharks"

"Why don't we just witness "LevelCap vs MarbleDuck" One on One both on Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 seen as there is so much Controversy about the Two Youtubers"

"stfu cunt, BF3 was way better end of discussion"

"Stfu man, you're be littleing the most looked upon Battlefield Youtuber. No one cares about you, how much of an ego you have, or quite frankly your opinion. It's a fucking game.... Does it really fucking matter? Pathetic man."

"fuck you asshole, dont talk shit about total"

"Wtf is your problem? You have no subs and he has millions, yet you pick on him like some kind of stubborn, ignorant, rude child born with a silver spoon is his mouth. It's easy to do that, for example... You said there was no background noise yet there is. You say you're a fairly good player, you're not."

"please talk like a normal person and not like a professional"

Date of registration
: Sep 20th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Friday, January 13th 2017, 4:34am

Another Aussie Symthician? Add me! :D
Yeh I have a few friends who have been down this road in AU. It ain't easy.....Props.

Sokolovac

Administrator

(332)

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Friday, January 13th 2017, 5:28am

Whoa, this caused a bit of a stir. Just remember to keep stuff civil, I'm not going to argue semantics or the politics of it all. As far as my Admin powers, I may be back but im kind of easing into things again to kind of get a test of the waters per se.

But my gender science professor said that it is merely a social construct!

Yea, it is, soz.

You're fine for an Internet forum imo

Facial surgery, breast augmentation, genital reassignment or all of it?

tits or gtfo post pictures in a year pls. The, uh, face, not the genitals.

Gender Reassignment Surgery, I need to be evaluated by a psychiatrist for a year before they let me here in aus.
As far as what other surgeries I am and am not getting, I am weird so I don't really want to share that right now lol.

Another Aussie Symthician? Add me!
Yeh I have a few friends who have been down this road in AU. It ain't easy.....Props.

Add you how/where. Also, screw this stupid heat, my ice cream melted before i could eat it today.
POI~

Date of registration
: Sep 20th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Friday, January 13th 2017, 5:39am

Add you how/where. Also, screw this stupid heat, my ice cream melted before i could eat it today.

Origin ID CaptaPraelium
Amen. My PC is a space heater in a small room and I can't open the window for air or the door for aircon, because noise. Throw in big gaming headphones keeping my head warm.. Ugh. Adds another dimension to the term 'sweaty tryhard' lol