Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

LucidNonsenze

Elite (Not Really)

(708)

• "LucidNonsenze" started this thread

Date of registration
: May 14th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Wednesday, August 8th 2012, 2:51pm

How should the suppression mechanic move forward into BF4?

In my opinion suppression is a great mechanic for a first implementation, but has a few flaws. I'd like to see it have less effect on the centre of your vision, blurring the edges heavily to give a more adrenaline reflecting tunnel vision effect. I also think a ringing effect after you've been fully suppressed for 4 seconds and muffling frequency cut would add to the utility in exchange for less effect on spread and blur, though increasing weapon sway and recoil should stay I think. Any thoughts?

Signature

BF4, PC.

AMD FX8350 at 4.4GHz.
AMD R9 280x MSI Twin Frozr OC'ed to 1150MHz Core. 1700MHz Memory.
8GB Crucial RAM 1600MHz CL9-9-9-24 1T.
1TB 7200 RPM HD
Logitech G400 mouse.
MSI 990 series motherboard
1920 x 1080 IPS Monitor.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "LucidNonsenze" (Dec 7th 2012, 6:26am)

Failure117

cheap kitchen leeds

(76)

Date of registration
: Jun 27th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Wednesday, August 8th 2012, 2:59pm

Having nearby explosions should also have a deaf/ringing effect. I really liked the "super suppression" they added in one patch, it made support useful.
GT: F4ilure 117.
Unholy Leader of the Order of q.

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Wednesday, August 8th 2012, 3:03pm

Not at all.
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"

Date of registration
: May 6th 2012

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Wednesday, August 8th 2012, 3:40pm

Yes please. I pleaded DICE on Twitter to remove all spread changes while suppressed, but to have recoil like it was after the March patch.
:bestgun: master race

TruxCaper

Railgun Engineer

(264)

Date of registration
: Feb 9th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Wednesday, August 8th 2012, 4:12pm

I'd like to see it have less effect on the centre of your vision, blurring the edges heavily to give a more fear reflecting tunnel vision effect.

That would be a good start. If the automatic weapons had higher min damage we could likely do without suppression, knowing that you're going to be dead in a few shots would be incentive enough to stay put when under fire, and that would make semiauto mode more useful too, as a side effect.

What is best in life? To crush your enemies, see them driven from your flags, and read their lamentations in the chatbox. Lasagne are pretty awesome, too.

Words of Wisdom

Grand Bazaar [ASTHMA] TruxCaper

They added scope glint to remind snipers that they're enormous ass bandits every time someone beans them in the skull with a 320.

Most women in the army are built like tiger tanks
In that east German "Kiss me, or I crush you!" way

Haemoglobin

Soft Drink Trafficker

(667)

Date of registration
: Feb 21st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Wednesday, August 8th 2012, 4:37pm

I like nearby explosions leaving you with an ear-ringing sensation, maybe also some blur. Might be nice to have a heart beat overlay - you get the ringing and the sound of your own racing heartbeat although that might be a bit tacky.

What I would like to see is suppression as a sliding modifier in server settings:

Setting 1: No visual effects, no weapon effects

Setting 2: Visual blurring - tunnel vision, loss of peripherals, no weapon effect

Setting 3: Visual blurring + increased recoil, spread remains normal

I think this would allow a happy medium between those who want a more tactical experience and the MLG prostarts to have their own twitch based shooter.

One of the biggest problems at the moment is that as soon as DICE change anything either the MLG prostarts whine because it removes any elements of "skill" and levels the playing field, or the ARMA fanatics start going that it's n ot realistic enough.

Suppression is, I think, an interesting feature and should be explored more in BF4.
I sprint outside my building and judder my way around the block, screaming obscenities at the neighbors before getting stuck on a small hedge and blacking out.
Prepares me perfectly for my in game experience.

Quoted from "LucidNonsenze"

Noobs deserve better!

Quoted from "tehmoriz"

turning on my desk lamp causes my computer to play the "usb disconnected" sound

Failure117

cheap kitchen leeds

(76)

Date of registration
: Jun 27th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Wednesday, August 8th 2012, 4:39pm

BF3 is about tactics, not individual skill. The MLG idiots should just go back to CoD.
GT: F4ilure 117.
Unholy Leader of the Order of q.

Haemoglobin

Soft Drink Trafficker

(667)

Date of registration
: Feb 21st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Wednesday, August 8th 2012, 5:27pm

BF3 is about tactics, not individual skill. The MLG idiots should just go back to CoD.

I would rather pander to everyone and thus receive more sales. Giving the MLG prostars their game as they want it would mean it would become a legitimate e-sport (assuming spectator mode) and allow for a much wider acknowledgement of BF3 as a game. I for one would like to see more sales and more success since it would probably give DICE more creative control over the game.
I sprint outside my building and judder my way around the block, screaming obscenities at the neighbors before getting stuck on a small hedge and blacking out.
Prepares me perfectly for my in game experience.

Quoted from "LucidNonsenze"

Noobs deserve better!

Quoted from "tehmoriz"

turning on my desk lamp causes my computer to play the "usb disconnected" sound

Date of registration
: May 2nd 2012

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Wednesday, August 8th 2012, 5:57pm

Suppression is the only real mechanic that physically "warns"/gives the user a feel of impending death and damage. Without it I'm sure BF3 would of turned into some mindless robotic game in that sense...Suppression really gives the feel of tactical gameplay, etc, it definitely is something that cannot be ignored.

tbh, I like how Suppression is now, maybe one or 2 notches down and really only affecting the edges of FOV and giving that Tunnel Vision which other people mentioned. If an explosion hits 3-5 feet in front of you, it would be nice to get knocked down for about 2 seconds and what not. Those kinds of things just add to the "reality" of things and give even more "fear" out of being hit by these things.

^ My [Gun Lover's] Sig (Type It In): 945k+ Hits! // Still Fixing KDR... // Current KDR Avg: 2.5~3.0
EDM Music Producer, Process @ Signing With Utra Records, Hit Me Up If You Want To Collab!
YT Channel (Under Construction, Add Me!)

:|
360 Leaderboards:
- Noob @ AN-94 // My Best: 1036 RPM
- 1%-4% Multiple Categories
- Defibrillator Kills: 1

Xbox: FEEDxMExMOAR
PC: Soon.

<('-'<) ^('-')^ (>'-')>

Date of registration
: May 23rd 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Wednesday, August 8th 2012, 6:31pm

In BF4 i hope suppression will be the very core of infantry combat. I like how its now but yes it needs tweaking. Im not so much conserned about how your vision/spread/recoil etc should get altered, but how it should impair mobility and ultimately extent the normal engangement range by a lot.

To me the "next level" in development of the suppression mechanic could be to implement a ricochet-system, where bullets "live" after impact and have a chance of bouning around randomly. So depending on caliber and velocity etc. you have a chance of hurting people even if you cant see them. Maybe 5-30% dmg or something?

In other words, suppression should become a real physical factor in bf4, not just a "fear" thing.
Member of the M4 appreciation club.
The last true, hidden gem of Bf3.
'Better than the rest!'
Kills: 970 Acc: 17% HS: 226