Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Riesig

Random Signature Generator

(814)

Date of registration
: Mar 8th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Tuesday, July 31st 2012, 1:57am

I created a new profile of course. They're still T and X, it's just that my finger moves faster without lifting my directional movement.
I'm a tsundere tentacle

Watcher-45

He's watching...

(758)

Date of registration
: May 5th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Tuesday, July 31st 2012, 3:05am

I have a gaming keyboard with a "zone", it's the SteelSeries Merc Stealth. I was always an arrow-key player and would build my setup around that, I mimicked that but on the "zone".

Because of the arrows I would use the num-pad for weapons, reload, fire-modes, PTT, etc, and I would use ctrl/shift/etc for movement stuff. I would then use the above "home group" for things like use, switch kits, switch seat, radio coms, etc

Here is my keyboard layout:

WASD are natural. Q is spot, and E is use/deploy bi-pod.
R is my firing mode, T is toggle light/laser
F is reload, and G is for gadgets like the ammo box, health box, or vehicle countermeasures.
Caps/Tab control map zoom levels and size. Tab on the keyboard side still displays scores.
Alt is sprint which also speeds vehicles, Shift is crouch which also slows vehicles, Ctrl is prone which rotates seats in vehicles.

C selects primary weapon. Space selects secondary. V and B select tertiary weapons/gadgets like rockets/underbarrel, mines/clays/c4, the paddles/torch, and the Recon beacon and TUGS/MAV/SOFLAM. Same for vehicles when possible.
P is my push-to-talk key.

1-6 control vehicle seats, that's it. 7-11 are macros for common commands I use like "!forgive", `ui.drawenable 1/0, and "Sorry for the TK".
LOAD controls my FRAPS UI, PRT/SCR is my screenshot key, and SAVE records video.

I use num-pad 1-3 to control the type-chat and 0 controls chat display.

My mouse is a Coolermaster CM Storm Inferno which has a surprising amount of buttons and customization as well as a sort of "shift" key that lets me bind a button to two different things. Mostly it has 2 thumb buttons, a left shoulder, right shoulder, wheel, center-button (wheel click), left and right click, and the shift key which is on the thumb side.

So, respectively I have the 2 thumbs set to grenade throw and melee attack, left shoulder set to toggle firing mode and toggle flashlight when "shifted", right shoulder set to steady scope and change map size when shifted, wheel is natural as weapon select, center is ADS, left click is fire and spot when shifted, and right click is jump or toggle-crouch when shifted.

And that's about it. Probably more complex than it has to be but I like it a lot. I never feel like I can't do any particular thing because I don't have a free finger, and everything is more or less how I would have used it back in CS 1.6 if I had the same equipment.
All bike, all the time!

Spoiler Spoiler

PyaKura

Password Giver

(327)

Date of registration
: Apr 5th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Tuesday, July 31st 2012, 4:11am

I have exit vehicle bound to T because I've accidentally got out of my jet more times than I care to admit.

Crawlspeed is LCtrl by default.

And Dice, do you have a wired xbox controller lying around? Plug it in, turn vibration off on it and grab it whenever you get a jet. Seriously, it's impossibru to fly those things with a mouse. Pitch sensitivity is like -10000000 and roll sensitivity is like +1000000000.

I'd say Jets are much more controllable with a mouse, contrary at what I used to believe. It's easier to aim for me, I can take down choppers in one run vs 3 or 4 runs on PS3 (Who said I'm a strange case ?). And turning at 300~ is easier too.

Well, here's my bindings :

A : Deploy Bipod (Toggle)
E : Sprint
Caps Lock : Prone
Shift : Crouch
Grenade : RMB 3
Switch fire mode : RMB 4
Knife : scroll up
Ded.

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Tuesday, July 31st 2012, 11:45pm

Bipod bound to T. Same as toggle laser, handy for those times when I'm running laser + bipod because it automagically disables my laser while setting up the bipod. Ayep... Okay so I didn't realize T was already bound to something and now I'm too lazy to change it.

Toggle prone is first mouse side-button.

Toggle fire-mode is middle mouse button.

Flare/ECM is also first mouse side-button.

Switch to secondary gunning thing in vehicles is also middle mouse button.

Pitch up in jets is space, but I also never fly jets. And always forget I bound it to space until after I crash horribly into a mountain.

Ctrl is toggle crouch, stances I always toggle. ADS is hold though.

I think that's about it.

Dice

50 Shades of Dice

(751)

• "Dice" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 12th 2011

Battlelog:

Thursday, August 23rd 2012, 9:58am

1: Score
2: Spot
3: Forward
4: Interact
5: Reload
6: Toggle Prone
7: Left
8: Down
9: Right
10: Jump
11: Prone
12: Not used
13: Not used
14: Not used
15: Nade
Dpad: Equipment, Fire select and laser toggle
Button above D pad: Sprint
Scroll wheel: Change weapons and expand map.

Mouse
Fire and aim
Interact
Reload
Knife
Change weapons
DPI UP/DOWN

Riesig

Random Signature Generator

(814)

Date of registration
: Mar 8th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Thursday, August 23rd 2012, 10:22am

Is it good for BF3 which potentially requires 40 buttons?
I'm a tsundere tentacle

Dice

50 Shades of Dice

(751)

• "Dice" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 12th 2011

Battlelog:

Thursday, August 23rd 2012, 10:25am

It works because I have a keyboard next to me. I have the speedpad set to do all the same things in tanks as well. The only reason I fine myself needing a keyboard is to change seats in tanks.