Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "A1pha" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jan 27th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Tuesday, June 5th 2012, 7:01am

Any Xbox 360 4gb console users?

Or, anyone with a small hard drive on their 360 might be able to advise..

Let's say you buy a 4gb Xbox, how are you supposed to play online BF3 with it? Today's new download alone is 2.66gb on the 360, and if you add on B2K, and patches, and all the coming DLC, where, or how to you put it all on?
I have two consoles, one is a 250gb console (no problems there), but the other is an early generation console with only a 20 gb hard drive, and I just can't make enough room now for BF3 to install all this stuff on it. Any tips for how to continue gaming on the old Xbox? Could I just run all this download content from a USB stick? or should I get some sort of external hard drive set up going?
What would you suggest?
Thanks in advance

Dice

50 Shades of Dice

(751)

Date of registration
: Dec 12th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Tuesday, June 5th 2012, 7:05am

There was a thread before that was someone asking if they could defeat the old patches so they could get the new one. I would take that as a yes there is. I get the feeling tho that the number is so small that DICE and EA don't really care. Plus if you have already bought the game what do they care now.

Date of registration
: May 2nd 2012

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Tuesday, June 5th 2012, 7:10am

Buy a 8Gb USB stick for 20.00. Just reformat it to Fat32, then pop it in the Xbox, it'll ask you to reconfigure, press yes and it works perfectly. No speed loss/etc just as along the usb stick is "USB Speed Certified" which many are. Sandisk is good, just bought one today and it's even "supported" by Xbox. Also, you cannot use a external HDD, only up to 16GB per USB Flashdrive.

^ My [Gun Lover's] Sig (Type It In): 945k+ Hits! // Still Fixing KDR... // Current KDR Avg: 2.5~3.0
EDM Music Producer, Process @ Signing With Utra Records, Hit Me Up If You Want To Collab!
YT Channel (Under Construction, Add Me!)

:|
360 Leaderboards:
- Noob @ AN-94 // My Best: 1036 RPM
- 1%-4% Multiple Categories
- Defibrillator Kills: 1

Xbox: FEEDxMExMOAR
PC: Soon.

<('-'<) ^('-')^ (>'-')>

Dice

50 Shades of Dice

(751)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, June 5th 2012, 7:13am

Thats a nice bit of advice. How many sticks can you attach at one time?

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, June 5th 2012, 7:31am

I had 3 in today and even though it has like 4+ slots on the 360, I haven't tested beyond my "problem" but from what I saw it supports only 2 Flashdrives in my scenario of 2 flashdrives in back and 1 in the front slot (make sure the flashdrives are skinny enough to place in the back slots). I believe it might have to do something with putting a flashdrive in the front and having some in back. I'm sure it supports 3 though..but gotta test!

^ My [Gun Lover's] Sig (Type It In): 945k+ Hits! // Still Fixing KDR... // Current KDR Avg: 2.5~3.0
EDM Music Producer, Process @ Signing With Utra Records, Hit Me Up If You Want To Collab!

360 Leaderboards:

<('-'<) ^('-')^ (>'-')>

Date of registration
: Jun 5th 2012

Battlelog:

Tuesday, June 5th 2012, 7:40am

I have a 20GB Hard Drive and I'm already running out of space for all this data they are forcing me to download. It's actually made me very hesitant about buying Premium, I feel like I won't be able to fit 12GB of content on this tiny thing.

• "A1pha" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jan 27th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Tuesday, June 5th 2012, 9:06am

Well that sounds like the way to go to me, thanks for the advice. Wasn't sure it would run games from USB. Only used it for movies really.
See you for a game online sometime too Dice. Sorry, been meaning to try and catch you. Will get back in more now that the patch and premium are out.

Dice

50 Shades of Dice

(751)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, June 5th 2012, 9:08am

No prob. I have been on only I think 5 times in 2 weeks so it is not a big issue.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, June 5th 2012, 9:57am

Np. I had the exact same questions..but at that time support for Writing Games on the Usb Flashdrives didnt work/exist im happy they decided to allow it. And there are no performance issues at all. Just make sure its USB speed Certified!

360 Leaderboards:

<('-'<) ^('-')^ (>'-')>

Date of registration
: May 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Tuesday, June 5th 2012, 10:01am

Like FEEDxMExMOAR said, use a USB stick. I have one 8 gig in my Xbox, and one 4 gig, has it has worked great.
:bestgun: master race