Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Wh1tE_Dw4rF" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jan 30th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Sunday, May 20th 2012, 6:28pm

ArmA 2 DayZ Mod

With the popularity ever increasing for this mod, are there any of you playing it?
I just bought it of steam and will experience my first dead/grief tonight.

For those who don't know what it is.
Once you join a server you start stranded with a few items in your inventory and a pistol. Your goal is to hoard supplies from any of the towns or places of interest. While being careful not to get overwhelmd by zombies. They can run pretty fast and come in swarms once alerted. You can bleed to death, break your bones and you have to pay attention to thirst and hunger. Be sure to carry plenty medical supplies with you.
While doing so you might encounter other players. Since you have the freedom to do what you want. You can team up so you stand a better chance fighting off zombies. Or you might find a bullet in your head and be stripped of all the stuff you've hoarded. You start out as a "survivor" and there's a "morality" system in place where if you kill other survivors it goes down and you become a "bandit".
There are quite a few youtube videos available that tells you more and also quite some live streams on twitch.com.

http://dayzmod.com/

If anyone's interested in teaming up, then let's get a party going!

timminatorr

Dutch masterrace

(490)

Date of registration
: Mar 24th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Sunday, May 20th 2012, 6:31pm

With the popularity ever increasing for this mod, are there any of you playing it?
I just bought it of steam and will experience my first dead/grief tonight.

For those who don't know what it is.
Once you join a server you start stranded with a few items in your inventory and a pistol. Your goal is to hoard supplies from any of the towns or places of interest. While being careful not to get overwhelmd by zombies. They can run pretty fast and come in swarms once alerted. You can bleed to death, break your bones and you have to pay attention to thirst and hunger. Be sure to carry plenty medical supplies with you.
While doing so you might encounter other players. Since you have the freedom to do what you want. You can team up so you stand a better chance fighting off zombies. Or you might find a bullet in your head and be stripped of all the stuff you've hoarded. You start out as a "survivor" and there's a "morality" system in place where if you kill other survivors it goes down and you become a "bandit".
There are quite a few youtube videos available that tells you more and also quite some live streams on twitch.com.

http://dayzmod.com/

If anyone's interested in teaming up, then let's get a party going!

i also bought it and ALL the servers are full. you littrely have to spam the enter button to get in one.
also, you wont see shit at night.

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,795)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Sunday, May 20th 2012, 6:51pm

Sounds pretty neat :>

Do you play like all day long or something? Can the survival be split up into bits so you just keep going where you logged off? :>

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again

• "Wh1tE_Dw4rF" started this thread

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, May 20th 2012, 8:02pm

Sounds pretty neat :>

Do you play like all day long or something? Can the survival be split up into bits so you just keep going where you logged off? :>

Every minute or so your character is saved. When you join another server at a different time you appear where you left off. Time is also real-time so it may be better to play on an American servers during the evening/night just so you don't have to look at a pitch black screen.

Date of registration
: Feb 22nd 2012

Battlelog:

Sunday, May 20th 2012, 8:52pm

It should be noted that this is a mod for a whole other game, and the game isn't free. I don't know how many users here have even heard of ArmA.

Personally, as much as I love community mods, this thing is getting a little too big. Half the populated servers on the server list are running this mod and it's taking quite a few people away from everywhere else.

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2012

Battlelog:

Sunday, May 20th 2012, 9:30pm

And as mentioned, it's still not enough. When I finally found a server that wasn't chock full, I get a message that it's about to restart in ten seconds and I couldn't find it again afterwards. Finally had to give up and played some BF3. Apparently sales of ArmA II Combined Operations have increased five-fold on Steam since this mod has gotten famous. But the servers haven't kept up, so I think most people can't actually play it. And the vanilla game is horrible, sorry.

Date of registration
: May 20th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Sunday, May 20th 2012, 10:57pm

Help

I have Arma2 to. I bought it and i want to play the day z mod but I dont know how to install it. I heard you need an Addon. Hank u for answer

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, May 21st 2012, 12:02am

I have Arma 2 also I've been going through the boot camp and some of the campaign, going to try and get used to the game first before I start playing the mod.

EDIT: I just found out that I need Arma 2:CO, I only have the original Arma 2 (not the free verison) :(

I'm coming for your tags. You have been warned.
Ranking Score -- Top 1%
Dogtags -- Top 1%
Knife kills -- Top 3%
BF3 Stats

Sokolovac

Administrator

(332)

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Monday, May 21st 2012, 12:12am

My friends and I have a survivor group on the US servers, We started off trusting people and being survivors but we were shot in the back too many times, now we just kill anyone that gets too close.

But yea I went to NW airfield with only a makarov, came back with a supressed M9 and a VSS :D
POI~

Date of registration
: May 2nd 2012

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Monday, May 21st 2012, 3:35am

It's been my imagination and dream to make an MMORPG/FPS/Third Person Shooter type of game where you combine elements of gathering resources, ongoing stories (somewhat like minecraft at the core), and live shooter action. No standstills and exchange damage. This reminds me of that concept..

^ My [Gun Lover's] Sig (Type It In): 945k+ Hits! // Still Fixing KDR... // Current KDR Avg: 2.5~3.0
EDM Music Producer, Process @ Signing With Utra Records, Hit Me Up If You Want To Collab!
YT Channel (Under Construction, Add Me!)

:|
360 Leaderboards:
- Noob @ AN-94 // My Best: 1036 RPM
- 1%-4% Multiple Categories
- Defibrillator Kills: 1

Xbox: FEEDxMExMOAR
PC: Soon.

<('-'<) ^('-')^ (>'-')>