Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "cverghost" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 11th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Tuesday, May 8th 2012, 3:45am

Weapon mastery tags

Post if you are trying to get them.

I am sitting at 50 at the moment and am trying to use shotguns. Any tips? (I never use shotguns)
Should I just speed it up in TDM?

Dice

50 Shades of Dice

(751)

Date of registration
: Dec 12th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Tuesday, May 8th 2012, 3:48am

Shotguns?

870, use slugs.
Everything else. Metro TDM in the buildings. You want to be as close as you can. I hate that map on TDM but it might be your best bet.

Date of registration
: May 8th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Tuesday, May 8th 2012, 4:46am

There's always noshahar canals for TDM. Always a shotgun fest though it's quite chaotic as well.

Also, for Metro TDM... with a TUGS you can quite easily control a building by yourself with a shotgun.

As for myself I'm currently just trying to get the mastery tags for the G53 and M4A1 which should be easy

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2012

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Tuesday, May 8th 2012, 5:03am

I don't intend to get all of them. I lack the patience necessary to get 500 kills with any sniper rifle. I will, however, get all of the ones for the Assault class (dreading the FAMAS...), probably a couple for the Engineer, the magazine fed LMGs, and most of the PDWs. Shotguns just irritate me. Maybe the M26 MASS, though not using the glitch.
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness."
- U.S. Declaration of Independence

Dice

50 Shades of Dice

(751)

Date of registration
: Dec 12th 2011

Battlelog:

Tuesday, May 8th 2012, 5:14am

If you want you can have 500 of my P90 and PDW-R kills. I have plenty to go around.

Otherwise the other map I like in TDM is Karg Inland. (Spelt that wrong) It has a good mix of short and mid range. It is a pain that some camp on the roof.

• "cverghost" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 11th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Tuesday, May 8th 2012, 8:19am

Good god the semi/auto shotguns suck!

I finished the 870 but these others I don't think I will get 500 on them.

Watcher-45

He's watching...

(758)

Date of registration
: May 5th 2012

Battlelog:

Tuesday, May 8th 2012, 9:00am

I just wanted the 1911 tag, honestly.

But you use a weapon enough you get it. Why even seek it out? Just use the guns you like and awards will happen.
All bike, all the time!

Spoiler Spoiler

Witchalok

Grounded in reality

(301)

Date of registration
: Mar 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Tuesday, May 8th 2012, 9:50am

It was fun getting a lot of platinum stars in BC2 (got all of the engineer ones + all but one of assault + others).
But in BF3 the weapons are either not varied enough or some are just complete crap. I have no intention to go down that route.

TruxCaper

Railgun Engineer

(264)

Date of registration
: Feb 9th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Tuesday, May 8th 2012, 9:50am

But you use a weapon enough you get it. Why even seek it out? Just use the guns you like and awards will happen.
This. I really don't understand people who play just for the sake of unlocking stuff. About the mastery tags, I think they should let you equip them in the left slot. I have a handful of them I really like, but I'm too fond of my accuracy dogtag to equip those instead :D

What is best in life? To crush your enemies, see them driven from your flags, and read their lamentations in the chatbox. Lasagne are pretty awesome, too.

Words of Wisdom

Grand Bazaar [ASTHMA] TruxCaper

They added scope glint to remind snipers that they're enormous ass bandits every time someone beans them in the skull with a 320.

Most women in the army are built like tiger tanks
In that east German "Kiss me, or I crush you!" way

Date of registration
: Feb 20th 2012

Battlelog:

Tuesday, May 8th 2012, 1:31pm

I think it is about trying new things, and proving that you gave those new things a fair chance. I went through a 2 month phase where I would not use the same gun two games in a row. At the end, I saw that I had 6 of the 10 AR mastery tags and decided to give my least used ARs one last opportunity to prove themselves. Getting the Mastery Tags was a simple and arbitrary goal line. I would really recommend getting at least a service star for all of the guns in your favorite class. You may learn something surprising that the charts don't highlight well. The experience has changed me from a player who sticks to one AR to a player who rotates between 3 main ARs and about 4 secondary ARs. I am definitely a better player for it, and often all I need to turn a bad game around is simply to switch to an AR that is better for my situation.