Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "ARE5R06" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2014

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Thursday, June 7th 2018, 7:31pm

I was escaping into video games..

Hi guys,

before I continue, I do not want to insult any of you guys because I share this youtube video here, I simply want to share something with you. It might help some, the others can give their opinions on it.

2 years ago or more, I was a lot more on this forum and into games, but in the meantime I simply didnt had time to do so. I simply had to focus on fixin my life. It's embarrassing but I admit it: I was 23 and still a virgin, I had no job, university is going awful and I admit it, games actually were a retreat, because life simply sucked. The last 3 years, I have invested into focussing to finish my university, made a semester abroad (kinda also had an existential crisis as well - damn existentialists), also found a job (I am switching soon into a better position) and 2 months ago (age 26) I was finally able to find a girl friend.
While I am proud of what I did, I have to admit that in the last years I had sooo freaking much luck into meeting the right persons to talk to, to develop the necessary social skills, to gather the strength to continue although I fell back into phases of depression and something simple as to learn how to party and enjoy the life. So it's not just mind change, I was also very very very lucky. Especially with my girlfriend.

Why I am telling you guys this? On one hand, I kinda simply wanted to share it, but also because I think the users here are a little more mature (I hope so) to discuss that, and lastly... because today I listened to this youtube video: https://youtu.be/ZBBPyCSJDEo ... I listened to it and every statement felt so uncomfortably familiar. I know its a long interview, but it unfolds until the end why the title fits and every statement made is important to come to the final statement. And I dont know why exactly but I wanted to share it here, maybe a poor soul stumbles over this and shows a door. It has to go through it itself.
still playin' Motorstorm

Darktan13

Unhappy Camper

(4,678)

Date of registration
: Feb 13th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Friday, June 8th 2018, 12:46am

Quoted

Jordan Peterson

k

Quoted from "J0hn-Stuart-Mill"

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Friday, June 8th 2018, 5:48am

Quoted

Jordan Peterson

k

Never has so much been said with so few characters. :thumbsup: :D

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, June 8th 2018, 6:28am

Quoted

Jordan Peterson

k

Never has so much been said with so few characters. :thumbsup: :D

context plz
still playin' Motorstorm

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, June 8th 2018, 6:34am

Jordan Peterson

Peterson is a Canadian Prof who has recently discovered than pandering to a certain demographic is much more profitable than intellectual rigor.

He's selling product like any self-help guru, televangelist, cult leader, whatever. The reason he "spoke to you" is because young men in your position are his target demographic.

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, June 8th 2018, 12:39pm

I am not even surprised that Darktan, the source of infinite self confidence and natural born alpha, was giving a comment like that. :D
@tankmayvin Well I didnt spend any money on that "guru" and I didnt know about him before but hey @Shalan 's link seems like a pro peterson comment, maybe you read it as well.
Whatever, it was a win for me. :thumbup:
still playin' Motorstorm

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, June 8th 2018, 6:18pm

I am not even surprised that Darktan, the source of infinite self confidence and natural born alpha, was giving a comment like that. :D
@tankmayvin Well I didnt spend any money on that "guru" and I didnt know about him before but hey @Shalan 's link seems like a pro peterson comment, maybe you read it as well.
Whatever, it was a win for me. :thumbup:

I've read it. But opinions are like assholes, and mine still says he's a turd.

Televangelists don't charge you either, they ask for donation. Exactly the same methodology as Peterson uses.

I actually don't really object to a lot of the stuff he says other than the fact that it's intellectually unsubstantiated religious preaching, and I don't do preachers.

At some point in his career he was invested in academia and rigor. But he's clearly all about the gravy train now. Frankly it's a brilliant thing he's done. He's still a turd though.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, June 8th 2018, 8:08pm

Since the video above appeared on my youtube, now I get waves of videos from him. Now I watched some, but if you havent said that preaching, I wouldnt have seen it. There definetely is some of it. The thing though, if it is intellectually unsubstantiated religious preaching, then it's kinda very well hidden. Because his "scientific" statements have a strong taste of "evidence", but I dont think you have prove that it isnt and I simply wont look if it is.
Whatever it is now, I must admit: on gravy train now.
still playin' Motorstorm