Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

yugas42

(1,387)

• "yugas42" started this thread

Date of registration
: Sep 1st 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Friday, May 25th 2018, 3:42am

John "TotalBiscuit" Bain, 1984-2018

Two hours ago the internet was informed of the passing of John Bain, a content creator and games journalist who has been at the helm of the TotalBiscuit Youtube channel for over nine years. He was one of the first of his kind to take to the video format for producing gaming news and reviews, and became one of the most well recognized faces on the platform. While his attitude and content may have been polarizing, I saw him as a role model many years ago and molded how I act online around how he conducted himself in his videos. No nonsense, no feelings leaking into objective discussion, no leet speak. His attitude is one that can easily be related to what Symthic as a community has been in the past; elistist is not a kind term, but it is what he was, and for a long time, what we were as well. He was also a patron of pro-consumer practices coming to the gaming market, and a driving force behind many people moving to PC gaming. There is a possibility that I would not only not be a staff member here at Symthic, but even part of the community as a whole if not for him. More than that, I may not be pursuing a career in computer engineering if not for his influence in pushing me to this platform. I owe a lot to John and am sad to see him leave us so early. John died of stage 4 metastatic colon cancer, he was 33 years old.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Friday, May 25th 2018, 3:53am

Oh. I wasn't especially familiar with his work, but I definitely knew the name. My condolences to his family and friends.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Riesig

Random Signature Generator

(814)

Date of registration
: Mar 8th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Friday, May 25th 2018, 4:10am

Gone too soon, a man who loved his worked and filled it with great integrity.

Like or hate some of his antics, he called out scummy behavior and takes on the screams and shouts of those people and followers whose purpose in life is to drown out any criticism of their negative behavior.
I'm a tsundere tentacle

Date of registration
: Mar 25th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Friday, May 25th 2018, 12:55pm

I loved his videos in his early YT years, then I lost track of him. Sad to read the news. We are all mortal. I will always miss his style and accent.
RIP Sraw