Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Friday, January 19th 2018, 9:45pm

@sherry

not sure that's what you'll get, i translate the manga(actually, other members of my group, not me, though i probably should as we fell back compared to eng releases) and i only like it because it feels more raw and realistic(towards the protagonist thoughts and feelings) than others and is always there to remind you that the protagonist was indeed a problematic person and that people in general can be assholes, unlike most of the other ones where the protagonist becomes a gary stu by getting in a new world( i guess it kind of happens here too, but in a much more minimal way, or at least that's the impression it gave me).
if memory serves, that's what shield hero did too right?
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Nick 30075

2manyPosts4me

(1,936)

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Saturday, January 20th 2018, 2:42am

I played about four hours of it and it's good. Hard to say much else without spoiling it.

4 hours seems to be the average play-through time, if you haven't gotten to the credits by now you're probably really close.

FYI there is a secret "good ending" that's only achievable by abusing the save system.

I did finish it, I'm going back for another character.
Emperor Nick of the Cult of Defibrillation
Sith Deity of Thread-Killing

I'm basically just a degenerate weeb who doesn't post much nowadays.

I'm secretly Old Man Symthic

Siggy thingies

Gaming Stuff

Words of Wisdom (not really)

Quoted from "Blue Panda"

You're fedorable :love:

Quoted from "ToTheSun!"

I have the highest postcount. Nick doesn't count.

Quoted

23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm -
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Okay
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm stabbing everyone
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Bye guys
23:44 Nick: *flips table*
23:44 Legion: Bye, happy stabbing
23:44 *** Lt_Col_Jesus quit (Quit: off to murder the public at large).

Quoted

10:41 LB: You just...reanimated Steve Jobs.
10:41 Dice: Well that would be unfortunate, I was just getting used to him being dead.

Quoted from "Pheozero"

... fuck. Damn you hindsight!

Quoted

23:58 Failure117: CAUSE IM FREEE
23:58 Nick: AS A BIIIIRD NOW
23:58 Failure117: FREEE OF NICK'S WORM RAPE

Quoted

ViperFTW: HEY LOOK
ViperFTW: AN ALIEN LASER FISH THE SIZE OF THE SUN
ViperFTW: I WANT TO SWAT IT WITH MY COMICLY LARGE SWORD
ViperFTW: WITH
ViperFTW: THIS
ViperFTW: AS
ViperFTW: MY
ViperFTW: FUUUUCKING SOUNDTRACK :DDDD
(the album in question)

Date of registration
: Jan 18th 2018

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Saturday, January 20th 2018, 3:25pm

LOL! I didn't even notice, but now that you mention it. I can see that. xD

Watcher-45

He's watching...

(758)

Date of registration
: May 5th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Thursday, January 25th 2018, 4:16am

Watched Azumanga Daioh after falling down a youtube hole and coming across this gem:

Spoiler Spoiler

I'd say it's worth the watch, it's got plenty of funny bits and Chiyo Chan is totes adorbs. I can still be a man and say that, right?
All bike, all the time!

Spoiler Spoiler

Darktan13

Unhappy Camper

(4,624)

Date of registration
: Feb 13th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Friday, January 26th 2018, 9:56pm

I can still be a man and say that, right?

No. Expressions of emotions or sentiment outside the permitted three: Pride, Anger and Lust are a violation of your M.A.N licence. You must turn over your M.A.N card immediately to your local representatives whilst a review takes place. Demerits appropriate to the scale of the infraction(s) will be added to your account. See that this does not happen again.

Quoted from "J0hn-Stuart-Mill"

EMPOWER EMPOWER EMPOWER

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Monday, March 5th 2018, 12:57pm

So after finishing DDLC I felt motivated to start another anime binge trip, watched four shows this past week.
I don't generally watch currently-airing shows, simply because you can't binge-watch them.

Started with Kekkai Sensen / Blood Blockade Battlefront (what a title...) and its "&Beyond" season 2.
It pretty good, but not without some things I perceive as flaws.
Leo not having to work through the trauma of the first season's finale in the second season disappointed me). It also has one aspect in common with One Punch Man that kinda stumps my immersion: The level of destruction in each episode is just unsustainable. They level Manhattan way faster than they could ever rebuild it, yet most of the damage caused is completely inconsequential.
Interesting characters (some of which could use quite a bit more time dedicated to them), great soundtrack choices, good action, interesting world.

I felt like getting into the so called "trash" genre after that, watched both seasons of OreImo.
For the most part I was pleasantly surprised. The characters were more interesting than I'd expected and reading subs wasn't too bad either, although I'm still not too big on Japanese male voice actors' screaming.
It's nonsense in quite a few regards, but the general story about closet-otaku problems was rather nice, and I got to laugh a lot. I like lewd humor. For me the show kinda dropped the ball near the end of S2, fully committing to the trainwreck-ending.

Eromanga Sensei was next on the list, sticking with theme, studio and even author of the source material.
Did pretty much the same thing for me as OreImo, wasn't nearly as long, which by necessity means that the rabbit hole only went so deep, but it was worth quite a few laughs and generally was nice and silly.

Wasn't quite sure what to watch after that - went for something very much different.
I finished Re:Zero last night, and MAN was that a ride. The other shows left me luke-warm, but THIS ONE got me fired up really good.
First few episodes were interesting enough to keep me watching, next few episodes hooked me hard. Such delicious suffering, so much death and despair. The protagonist being able to die over and over in the most horrible of circumstances to relive the past stretch of time, including the deaths of himself and those around him, made Okurin's personal hell from Steins;Gate look comparatively tame (at least in the anime, which did already do a really good job of breaking him, I hear the VN is quite a bit stronger on that point). I was a bit annoyed by Subaru's character around the halfway-point (capital arc), but not only did those events lead to some of the most gut-wrenching suffering and despair for him, but also a pretty fantastic resolution in the talk-heavy episode 18. That turning point was a double-edged sword for me, though. Not only is Rem clearly best girl, but it also shifted the focus of the remainder of the show to a much grander scheme, a few pretty cool large-scale battle scenes (which were not really what I wanted though), and a bit to little suffering for Subaru. Seriously, the last six episodes, while really good in their own right, were rather tame for him with many important characters far too absent, which kind of disappointed me.

Of course it's also very much a bother that the show ends where it does, as so many plotlines are left unresolved and some of the seemingly important events from the middle of the Series (*cough* Royal Succession *cough* Felt *cough* Margrave Mathers *cough*) went absolutely nowhere so far, but maybe there's gonna be a second season some time in the future. And maybe a third, seeing as the novels are still ongoing.
The first opening was also pretty great.

Now what to watch next...
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield 4

Memorable quotes not taken yet:

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

I always believed science should be very hands on experience.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?

Watcher-45

He's watching...

(758)

Date of registration
: May 5th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Tuesday, March 6th 2018, 1:30am

I finished Re:Zero last night, and MAN was that a ride.

Of course it's also very much a bother that the show ends where it does, as so many plotlines are left unresolved and some of the seemingly important events from the middle of the Series (*cough* Royal Succession *cough* Felt *cough* Margrave Mathers *cough*) went absolutely nowhere so far, but maybe there's gonna be a second season some time in the future. And maybe a third, seeing as the novels are still ongoing.
The first opening was also pretty great.

Now what to watch next...

It's been a while since I watched Re:Zero last, and I did finish it before, but I am hazy on some of the details. Maybe I'll watch it again sometime soon.
I also did feel a great lack of resolution at the end, but as it's been years since it first aired I'm not holding my breath for continuation. Log Horizon and Gate also left me hungry for more with no continuation in sight, it seems to be an unfortunately common occurrence in Anime...
If you've watched neither Log Horizon nor Gate I might recommend them. Both have a somewhat political overarching theme to them, which supplies major sources of drama and conflict, while also being much MUCH more light hearted than Re:Zero.

Log Horizon is much like SAO in the sense that gamers are now stuck in a videogame world, but unlike SAO it's not because of some VR simulator but rather some unexplainable phenominon which somehow merged reality with the game world. Also, when you die you resurrect in a similar fashion to the game world, so now they have to learn to exist and progress through the game, as well as deal with the local "NPC" population, while they search for a way out.
Gate is a really simple premise. A mysterious portal opens up in downtown Tokyo (maybe not Tokyo, IDK, large heavily populated city), out of which pours a medieval-type fantasy army who immediately start murdering everyone in sight. Being modern day, the Japanese national guard responds with automatic firearms, armored vehicles, jets, and helicopters, and quickly regains control of the situation. Now the military goes through the gate into the fantasy world, and establishes a firing line and base of operations, easily repelling many major attacks from the heavily outmatched medieval type soldiers. Now, the rest of the entire series is about diplomacy and smaller conflicts between the fantasy world and the Japanese military. Surprisingly good, I'd say.
All bike, all the time!

Spoiler Spoiler

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Watcher-45" (Mar 6th 2018, 1:42am)

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Tuesday, March 6th 2018, 11:43am

Yeah I'd thought about both of those in the past and know their settings. Gate I'll probably not bother with, but LH I might eventually pick up. It's got two full seasons as well (50 episodes total), so it'll last a bit longer than most.

I'd not give up on Re:Zero continuations just yet. True, it's been a year and a half (it ended September 2016), but that's not *too* long. Also White Fox announced last September that they're working on an OVA, so we'll see how comprehensive this will be, and if it's short but successful we might get another season, despite the novels not being finished.

Right now I've been looking into Darling in the FranXX, watched the five currently English dubbed episodes so far. Gonna rewatch some of them subbed and then decide which I like better. Both versions seem quite well-acted.
Anyway: I'm surprised. I expected a blatant fanservice-romp in the style of Kill la Kill (with it being Trigger and all...). Most of the sexualization (and especially the lack of understanding towards it from the parasites) feels very deliberate and metaphorical, so I have the suspicion that they'll try to deliver decent reasons for why things work the way they do beyond what we've currently seen (by ep. 5, don't know yet how it looks in the subbed version at ep. 8 ). There's also that interesting aspect of social experimentation with the kids being required to work in male-female pairs, but being left (or more likely actively made) unaware of the possibility of any sexual or emotional tension in such situations.
Also there's really no contest so far for best girl of the show. Ichigo can't hold a candle to Zero Two. Kinda happy they didn't end up calling her "o2" - that's my cellphone service provider.

Since five episodes went by rather quickly I've also caught up with Violet Evergarden. I'd call it a beautiful show in pretty much every regard. It looks drop dead gorgeous, it sounds great (the dub is quite neat, the soundtrack's befitting of the visuals) and the story is quite touching as well. Only annoying thing so far is that the latest episode ( 8 ) ended on a bit of a cliffhanger.
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield 4

Memorable quotes not taken yet:

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

I always believed science should be very hands on experience.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?

Date of registration
: Apr 8th 2018

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Sunday, April 8th 2018, 6:45pm

Anyone reading Flying Witch? The updates are slow, but it's a relaxing and funny story about a witch apprentice.

This post by "SidneyZinn87" (Saturday, May 19th 2018, 10:14am) has been deleted by user "Miffyli" (Saturday, May 19th 2018, 11:03am) with the following reason: spam