Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Thursday, December 7th 2017, 3:54pm

Weeeell having concluded it (I mean it's like less than two and a half hours) I can't say I was that thrilled. Sure, some scenes were great, but it wasn't quite what I had hoped for.

It's good that the show exists as it does, but I would like to see something that spends less time going around in circles and allows for some gravitas. Like it said in the short synopsis I found, it's mostly about teenagers being unable to *start* a relationship, and only some parts were really about intimacy *in* a relationship (Gda and Kamine, Chiaki and Kana to an extent, Akagi and Ryko in a way). I would have liked some more of that, with a little more tact instead of wacky humour here and there.

On that note I realized again how the choice of soundtrack can make or break a scene in that regard. The scene from Nazo no Kanojo X I mentioned earlier appealed to me because it took its perviness and perceived transgression seriously, and did not make light of it. Putting in generic rom-com "comedy" music would have flipped the scene on its head and ruined its impact. Serious topics sometimes need to be taken seriously, they can't always just be part of a joke.

On another note: My wife caught a glimpse of Death Parade on my screen yesterday and thought it was extremely good-looking. She'll be watching it soon, I think. I also know that she likes anime where the (main) characters get to suffer... a lot. Considering how the last two episodes hit me she should love it.
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield 4

Memorable quotes not taken yet:

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

I always believed science should be very hands on experience.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, December 7th 2017, 8:49pm

" I also know that she likes anime where the (main) characters get to suffer... a lot"

oh yeah, she'll love death parade then, but after this line you must make her watch or read houseki no kuni, i mean, i know it's a spoiler, but after a ceratin point that series pretty much sustains itelf only on the protagonist's suffering and it does it pretty fucking well(i mean, it is one of my favorite series ever after all, and certainly not by chance)
also the anime it's cg, but it's one of the best CGs of the last... well, pretty much since CG was implemented in tv serieses.

as for tsurezure... well, can't really say uch else, to be honest i didn't find it that comical, might be because i read most/all the manga chapters and the later ones are almost always serious, but even then, i don't know other serieses like that, unfortunately as i said, i don't watch as much anime as i once did.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Monday, December 11th 2017, 2:24am

So after I shed the void on Friday that last week's anime binge had left I've resolved to watch some lighter stuff for a bit.

And boy have I gone light. Currently I'm watching Monster Musume, because why the heck not. It's about 120% as ridiculous and stupid as I'd expected, and actually about 75% as fun as I'd hoped overall. Also demonstrates that I'm probably not one for the Harem genre (could have guessed as much), as I actually liked the first episode before they introduced the rest of the girls and it was not 90% catfighting who gets the D. Still, it's a decently short series and it's good for a laugh here and there, so why not.

After that (or when I ditch it) I may finally get around to actually watching Squid Girl, if I can stomach the constant puns. Kudos for the translator, though, pun-riddled texts are a pain to translate.

Mushishi is also on the back burner, a very nice tranquil anime every now and then.

Oh yeah and I kinda want to watch School Days to see what all the fuss is about. If it's just the unusual plot that makes people hate it I might get a kick out of things going horribly wrong.
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield 4

Memorable quotes not taken yet:

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

I always believed science should be very hands on experience.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?