Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Nick 30075

2manyPosts4me

(1,936)

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, November 17th 2015, 6:49am

I've heard that some of the plotholes are resolved by a LN that was published at the same time as YuYuYu and that you're supposed to watch a few episodes, read a little, then watch some more, then go back to reading, etc.
Emperor Nick of the Cult of Defibrillation
Sith Deity of Thread-Killing

I'm basically just a degenerate weeb who doesn't post much nowadays.

I'm secretly Old Man Symthic

Siggy thingies

Gaming Stuff

Words of Wisdom (not really)

Quoted from "Blue Panda"

You're fedorable :love:

Quoted from "ToTheSun!"

I have the highest postcount. Nick doesn't count.

Quoted

23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm -
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Okay
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm stabbing everyone
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Bye guys
23:44 Nick: *flips table*
23:44 Legion: Bye, happy stabbing
23:44 *** Lt_Col_Jesus quit (Quit: off to murder the public at large).

Quoted

10:41 LB: You just...reanimated Steve Jobs.
10:41 Dice: Well that would be unfortunate, I was just getting used to him being dead.

Quoted from "Pheozero"

... fuck. Damn you hindsight!

Quoted

23:58 Failure117: CAUSE IM FREEE
23:58 Nick: AS A BIIIIRD NOW
23:58 Failure117: FREEE OF NICK'S WORM RAPE

Quoted

ViperFTW: HEY LOOK
ViperFTW: AN ALIEN LASER FISH THE SIZE OF THE SUN
ViperFTW: I WANT TO SWAT IT WITH MY COMICLY LARGE SWORD
ViperFTW: WITH
ViperFTW: THIS
ViperFTW: AS
ViperFTW: MY
ViperFTW: FUUUUCKING SOUNDTRACK :DDDD
(the album in question)

Date of registration
: Nov 18th 2015

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Wednesday, November 18th 2015, 6:18pm

I loved the manga OnePunch man, but the animation in the anime are Uber good. Didn't saw such high quality in a long time.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,645)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Tuesday, November 24th 2015, 9:38am

tfw Gundam Thunderbolt is being animated in 4K
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

bboypaktailo

Ruining people's shows since 2014

(424)

Date of registration
: Dec 26th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Friday, November 27th 2015, 4:50pm

tfw Gundam Thunderbolt is being animated in 4K

Gundam Bebop is 2gud

I'm only proud of my BF3 stats. I've barely played BF4.
I am a proud member of the Church of The One True Tohsaka. Our one and only Goddess!

Spoiler Spoiler

Starting the usual old members style of putting random quotes in signatures
You go up to a girl and say you're part of the most elite Battlefield 3 forum.
instasex.

This is Symthic: Game Science not Symthic : I felt it in my balls.

How to fix hitreg:
1. Go to server browser
2. Join 3rd world country server with 40000000 ping
3. Enjoy

Spoiler Spoiler

And.... I banged the fucking computer box yet again last night.... She had moved it a bit, but not to a better spot <.<

WAT. YOU BANGED IT?

All those open ports where just too much temptation for him...

Now this section is woowee special. This, is when DaRubester is drunk.
I think I should sacrifice part of my sigs just for when Rube is drunk.

DOOOIT MANG. ILL REP U NBRO

Currently playing: Dota 2, CS:GO
Playing on PS2 Emulator: Suikoden series

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Monday, November 30th 2015, 10:59pm

So last weekend I finally found myself going back to watching anime and now I'd like to share my thoughts on a few shows I watched this year in no particular order.

The "non-obscure" ones:

- Assassination Classroom: Picked it up before spring, stopped watching in March (I think), resumed last weekend. Not mind-blowing, but a very solid, 22 episode shounen, nice twist on the high school theme, pretty good characters, some wacky, some outright threatening, some almost too badass. Good English dub. Didn't leave a "Void" as there's a second season coming next year and the story is kinda left at the halfway mark.

- Spice and Wolf (I+II): Not sure if I mentioned this one earlier this year, definitely a hall-of-fame entry for me. I'm a sucker for a show with good romantic elements, especially if they're used so tastefully and maturely. I'd recommend the English dub, the VAs do a fantastic job. Kinda sad that they stopped after the second season, as there would have been plenty more source material (light novels) to work with - ah well, might as well read them.

- Ghost in the Shell - Stand Alone Complex (and 2nd Gig): First season was pretty great. Mystery, conspiracy, military, police, thriller elements, detective story, at times *extremely* interesting storytelling. Second season was all right, I guess... It was entertaining, but kind of a slow watch, some elements of the plot seemed a bit contrived and it wasn't as gripping as the first. Not as good as the first season IMO, but that's a pretty high bar anyway.

The more obscure ones:

- Psycho Pass (I+II): Not sure if I already mentioned the first season, but the second one stacks up to the first quite well. Both are pretty amazing, and will be held in high regard by me. Please do go watch them if you're interested in crime fiction, sci-fi, conspiracy theory or an interesting twist on utopia/dystopia (the world falls kinda into both categories)

- Rin - Daughters of Mnemosyne: Now here's a piece of pretty dark seinen. Not for the faint of heart, at times quite brutal, with very strong themes of sex and sexual abuse. Supremely entertaining, good story (not *all* questions are answered, but enough IMO), interesting characters, stunning animation (the dialogues especially), great dub, hall of fame for me. six double-length episodes.

- Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt: This show is just ridiculously crazy. Toilet humor extravaganza, lewd jokes all around. Looks like a mix of western cartoons (powerpuff girls comes to mind) and anime, with one episode being a complete standout stylistically, outstanding dub - seriously, don't watch it in sub, for the same reason as with Black Lagoon.

- Maria the virgin Witch: My most recent watch. A charming, short, but not exactly innovative story. Characters are entertaining for the most part, though not exactly extravagant. Starts off pretty light-hearted, becomes quite a lot more serious towards the end. Finale is kinda cheesy, but I still enjoyed it. The show can take on dramatically different tones. Also due to the seinen nature of the show I could never be sure how it would finally end. Not exactly groundbreaking, but it was surprisingly entertaining, well put together and also quite short at twelve episodes.

So what shall I watch next? And have any of you watched those shows?
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield 4

Memorable quotes not taken yet:

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

I always believed science should be very hands on experience.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Zormau" (Nov 30th 2015, 11:05pm)

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,795)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Tuesday, December 1st 2015, 12:11am

- Spice and Wolf (I+II): Not sure if I mentioned this one earlier this year, definitely a hall-of-fame entry for me. I'm a sucker for a show with good romantic elements, especially if they're used so tastefully and maturely. I'd recommend the English dub, the VAs do a fantastic job. Kinda sad that they stopped after the second season, as there would have been plenty more source material (light novels) to work with - ah well, might as well read them.

How dare you put that filthy dub on Holo X(

Watched Spice and Wolf several times as well as Ghost in the Shell, awesome shows

Been rewatching a lot of old ones lately because most of the newer ones are kinda meh...

Recently watched "new" ones:

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso - Pretty good, 7.5/10. Pretty nice show about music and rehabilitation of a traumatic childhood to get back to life... Somewhat repetitive at times with useless stuff and unrealistic children.. But lots of feels.

Ore Monogatari!! - Also pretty good, 7.0/10. Story about an odd relationship and ridiculously strong guy and tiny cute girl. Kinda awkward in the beginning and kinda bad end arc, but nice feels.

Shokugeki no Souma - 7.0/10 - Show about food, often hilarious but often meh and repetitive as well, unhealthily obsessed with umami... Will have to watch "Yakitate!! Japan" as everyone says it's much better

Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darouka - 4.5/10 - Not sure if it's supposed to be a parody but it feels like a pretty bad one.. Basically Sword art Online except that it doesn't seem to even try to be serious about anything, plus it has the same voice actor as well as Kirito as main char with pretty much identical personality...

Could give a list of nice older ones...

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, December 1st 2015, 12:46am

Yeah, I'd heard good things about Shokugeki no Souma / Food Wars. Might get around to it eventually.

Well, sub versus dub is usually an easy question for me, as I can't really enjoy the animation while subs are distracting me - even if it's subbed AND dubbed at the same time. I also think that Brina Palencia and J. Michael Tatum performed really well.

There are exceptions to that rule for me: The old 1996 (I think?) classic "Tenkuu no Escaflowne" / "Vision of Escaflowne" has a massively reduced audio quality in all the dubbed versions I could find.

Something to add: I watched Chobits this year as well. It was nice, but nothing too special. Nice romance, I liked the pacing, but overall it didn't exactly blow me away.

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?

Nick 30075

2manyPosts4me

(1,936)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, December 1st 2015, 1:31am

I've seen everything on that list except Panty and Stocking (which I dropped two episodes in).

Since you liked Maria and S+W, I'd recommend Maoyuu Maou Yuusha. It's very hit-or-miss for most people but it feels kind of similar to those two.

Siggy thingies

Gaming Stuff

Quoted from "Blue Panda"

Quoted from "ToTheSun!"

Quoted

Quoted

10:41 Dice: Well that would be unfortunate, I was just getting used to him being dead.

Quoted from "Pheozero"

Quoted

Quoted

ViperFTW: AS
ViperFTW: MY
ViperFTW: FUUUUCKING SOUNDTRACK :DDDD
(the album in question)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, December 1st 2015, 1:52am

@Nich 30075

Yeah, I've had Maoyuu Maou Yuusha on my radar for a while now. Might do that next. Couldn't manage to convince myself to finally do it due to it not having a dub (to my knowledge).

Also yeah, I can totally understand why one might ditch Panty and Stocking two episodes in, it's absolutely hit-or-miss, and even if you liked it, the post-credits scene kind of turns the entire finale on its head. If you consider it as a joke by the creators it's fine, if not you're making yourself unhappy.

Nick 30075

2manyPosts4me

(1,936)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, December 1st 2015, 2:12am

Half of the reason that I dropped it was because of the rage that I'd heard about the ending.

I didn't know that MMY wasn't dubbed yet...meh.

Siggy thingies

Gaming Stuff

Quoted from "Blue Panda"

Quoted from "ToTheSun!"

Quoted

Quoted

Quoted from "Pheozero"

Quoted

Quoted