Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "KoffeinFlummi" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jan 2nd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Saturday, April 28th 2012, 6:20pm

I have the MSI GeForce GTX 580 Lightning Xtreme Edition and at stock clocks I never fall below 45 FPS on the big maps, usually around 60 @ Ultra 1080p (no MSAA). This thing also overclocks like a beast! I can run it @ 1000Mhz and NEVER fall below 60FPS @ Ultra 1080p (no MSAA).

I would say get the GTX 680 if you got the cash since the performance boost is pretty incredible. If you do get one of these cards you will need to upgrade your power supply a little bit (never cheap out for a PSU, try and make sure that it is at least 80+ bronze, you don't want to fry that $500 graphic card). Since your CPU isn't the best, I highly advise that you make sure that ALL unnecessary processes are closed to give maximum performance. A GPU can be crippled due to a CPU bottleneck.

Also, I think that you should save up and do a system overhaul. A new mobo, CPU, RAM and GPU would be a great investment if you want a good gaming experience. It just wouldn't be right to have an awesome graphic card and a not so great system. Then again, I don't know your budget or financial state.

Feel free to ask for any other suggestions or alternatives, if you can provide a budget.

Good luck! :thumbup:
I think i'll wait for more of the 6xx series to be revealed, and then i'll make a decision. I probably won't get the 680, i'll probably go for the 670, 660 or whatever the 'smaller brothers' are going to be called.

I'll upgrade MoBo and CPU later, since right now the GPU is the main problem.

RAM is not that big of a problem money-wise, and obviously the PSU will get updated with the new GPU (i'll get a bit extra so i don't have to upgrade for the new MoBo again).

Thanks for the help everyone.

Date of registration
: Jan 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Saturday, April 28th 2012, 6:42pm

Your welcome ^^

I'm coming for your tags. You have been warned.
Ranking Score -- Top 1%
Dogtags -- Top 1%
Knife kills -- Top 3%
BF3 Stats