Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Aug 28th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Monday, July 3rd 2017, 4:51pm

I would have posted this sooner (and got permission to do so now), but I've been very busy for the past two weeks.

Did you know that a lot of the game is stored in plain text, and you can edit it freely? It blew my mind when I found out. You can nerf Korea, Buff Elephants, change the number of civs on Huge to 22 or even modify the map generator scripts. Here are my changes:

The directory is SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\Expansion2\Gameplay\XML
  • \GameInfo\CIV5Worlds: General increase in playercount.
    I play with fewer City States than normal. Another player helps fill out the map.

• \GameInfo\CIV5Policies: Tradition opener Culture 3->2.
    Tradition was too much "low risk high reward" for me, and I wanted a minimalistic change. Since of the four starting trees, Tradition generates the most culture early on, I decided to nerf that.

• \Terrain\CIV5Improvements: Academy Science 8->6, Scientific Theory Academy enhancement 2->1, Customs House gold 4->8, Economics Customs House enhancement 1->2.
    When you would turn down a free Great Merchant because it delays your scientist, something's wrong.

• \Terrain\CIV5Improvements_Inherited_Expansion2: Atomic Theory Academy enhancement 2->1.
    See above.

• \Units\CIV5Units: Doubled Trade Mission gold.
    See above.

• \GameInfo\CIV5HandicapInfos: Removed map and barbarian notification as outcomes from Ancient Ruins (on Prince difficulty).
    These felt disappointing to get.
Have you made any changes? If not, are you looking forward to changing something?

Obligatory screenshot:

Amazing spot for Tears of the Gods

Why I don't use lasers:

Quoted

The Green Laser Sight you should almost always turn off as it gives away your vacation.

Quotes Corner

Double Ass-Ault Tank Lunch - YouTube

Most fun ever in this game mode.

BF4: Competitive Tank Launching

Rated on explosives used, launch, flight trajectory, style/tricks, and landing.

Shitgun: Whoops did I spell that wrong? Nah, I don't believe so.

Anyone got any ideas about what the UGL Rail on the L86 is for? (13/04 Patch notes.)

XM25 can't mount, can it? Looking forward to my Underslung Ammo box!

Is there any way for anyone that doesn't have mod powers to know what the IE on 360 thread is? I feel so left out...

Nope. Deleted so only mods can see the contents. It has some... interesting stuff there... *squints @Riesig <.< *

*Nick 30075's Application for Moderatorship follows:*

HURR DURR I IS GOOD MOD GIB IE ON 360

My application would be better.
"Totally not Tapatalk only. Pls gib pwor"