Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

marbleduck

Smoked Salmon Best Salmon

(1,510)

• "marbleduck" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 25th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Monday, May 29th 2017, 2:44pm

Civ Thread

Post your best T H I C C cities

Platoon Marble Duck

Hate Mail

"you obviously don't know what an argument is as there is only one person battling. Do you really fucking think I want subs? You think you can act all big and powerful just because you sit on a computer at least 6 hours a day like the probably nerdy unwanted retard you are with 4.3k subs? You think 4.3k subs is a lot? LOL you need medicine man. I don't want any subs as i just have a google account for other media and writing comments. Think twice before you act. You even said in your video you aren't that great of a player, and the comments agree you aren't. Maybe you should once again think twice before you act, stop being such an annoying, ignorant bastard that everyone wants to shut up, and god, literally, just shut up. Your voice gave me a headache :s"

"As a youtuber shouldn't be trying to be reeling in your viewers with exciting stuff being said not your boring ass commentary for your video"

"The more you watch his vid the dumber he gets I swear he's borderline autistic look I got shot behind cover beacuase thin sheets metal are unpenetrable. Bf4 is just as quiet and tactical as bf3 random explosion in the background . Player has dissconected from chat
You started playing bf3 and never touched bfc1/2. Please do yourself a favor and shutdown your generic cod channel down"

"Nice clickb8 Faggot w8ting for your shit tier video to disable comments . Fucking newfag cancer go play some cod you activisiom cock faggot"

"I don't see why he [MarbleDuck] always tries to shit on levelcap he is better and has a million more subs...and also "there isnt a best gun in she game there are guns that are better that others at different engagement distances" yes thats true and whichever is the best/most average at all of them is the "best gun""

"Marbleduck you don't know shit lol levelcap knows more than you do you cant talk about how someone puts up garbage when you do yourself your a newcomer to YouTube acting like you know shit step up in the food chain first then you have the right to talk otherwise your just a fish trying to compete with sharks"

"Why don't we just witness "LevelCap vs MarbleDuck" One on One both on Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 seen as there is so much Controversy about the Two Youtubers"

"stfu cunt, BF3 was way better end of discussion"

"Stfu man, you're be littleing the most looked upon Battlefield Youtuber. No one cares about you, how much of an ego you have, or quite frankly your opinion. It's a fucking game.... Does it really fucking matter? Pathetic man."

"fuck you asshole, dont talk shit about total"

"Wtf is your problem? You have no subs and he has millions, yet you pick on him like some kind of stubborn, ignorant, rude child born with a silver spoon is his mouth. It's easy to do that, for example... You said there was no background noise yet there is. You say you're a fairly good player, you're not."

"please talk like a normal person and not like a professional"

Date of registration
: Aug 28th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Monday, May 29th 2017, 11:59pm

I freaking love this game.

Does it have to be cities?

If you don't mind me hijacking this a bit, favourite civ/map/diff? I like Japan because I'm a weeb because of the fishing boat synergy and Terra because of the variety in continent size. Although I understand the difficulty in making a good AI in a game as advanced as Civ, I only wish it was more human. That's why I only play against myself or friends nowadays. The games take forever to finish though, especially since I play Marathon.
Why I don't use lasers:

Quoted

The Green Laser Sight you should almost always turn off as it gives away your vacation.

Quotes Corner

Double Ass-Ault Tank Lunch - YouTube

Most fun ever in this game mode.

BF4: Competitive Tank Launching

Rated on explosives used, launch, flight trajectory, style/tricks, and landing.

Shitgun: Whoops did I spell that wrong? Nah, I don't believe so.

Anyone got any ideas about what the UGL Rail on the L86 is for? (13/04 Patch notes.)

XM25 can't mount, can it? Looking forward to my Underslung Ammo box!

Is there any way for anyone that doesn't have mod powers to know what the IE on 360 thread is? I feel so left out...

Nope. Deleted so only mods can see the contents. It has some... interesting stuff there... *squints @Riesig <.< *

*Nick 30075's Application for Moderatorship follows:*

HURR DURR I IS GOOD MOD GIB IE ON 360

My application would be better.
"Totally not Tapatalk only. Pls gib pwor"

marbleduck

(1,510)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, May 30th 2017, 5:05am

>Be Greece
>CS war
>wat

I have several times ended up with both the Blitz and Logistics promotions playing as Egypt.

Current favorite is the Inca. The bonuses seem lackluster, but +1 food to tiles adjacent to mountains is good, and free roads on hills/half cost roads elsewhere is surprisingly useful. I tried playing the Aztecs as well (and won an Immortal science victory), but found that the Aztecs required too much start rolling for lakes to be fun. The Inca are a lot more consistent and grow, as shown in the screen, some damn THICC cities.

Tried Deity, gave up when Montezuma launched the spaceship at turn 200.

e: you're missing Medic II, git gud

Marathon is aids, why would you do that to yourself

Platoon Marble Duck

Hate Mail

"you obviously don't know what an argument is as there is only one person battling. Do you really fucking think I want subs? You think you can act all big and powerful just because you sit on a computer at least 6 hours a day like the probably nerdy unwanted retard you are with 4.3k subs? You think 4.3k subs is a lot? LOL you need medicine man. I don't want any subs as i just have a google account for other media and writing comments. Think twice before you act. You even said in your video you aren't that great of a player, and the comments agree you aren't. Maybe you should once again think twice before you act, stop being such an annoying, ignorant bastard that everyone wants to shut up, and god, literally, just shut up. Your voice gave me a headache :s"

"As a youtuber shouldn't be trying to be reeling in your viewers with exciting stuff being said not your boring ass commentary for your video"

"The more you watch his vid the dumber he gets I swear he's borderline autistic look I got shot behind cover beacuase thin sheets metal are unpenetrable. Bf4 is just as quiet and tactical as bf3 random explosion in the background . Player has dissconected from chat
You started playing bf3 and never touched bfc1/2. Please do yourself a favor and shutdown your generic cod channel down"

"Nice clickb8 Faggot w8ting for your shit tier video to disable comments . Fucking newfag cancer go play some cod you activisiom cock faggot"

"I don't see why he [MarbleDuck] always tries to shit on levelcap he is better and has a million more subs...and also "there isnt a best gun in she game there are guns that are better that others at different engagement distances" yes thats true and whichever is the best/most average at all of them is the "best gun""

"Marbleduck you don't know shit lol levelcap knows more than you do you cant talk about how someone puts up garbage when you do yourself your a newcomer to YouTube acting like you know shit step up in the food chain first then you have the right to talk otherwise your just a fish trying to compete with sharks"

"Why don't we just witness "LevelCap vs MarbleDuck" One on One both on Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 seen as there is so much Controversy about the Two Youtubers"

"Stfu man, you're be littleing the most looked upon Battlefield Youtuber. No one cares about you, how much of an ego you have, or quite frankly your opinion. It's a fucking game.... Does it really fucking matter? Pathetic man."

"Wtf is your problem? You have no subs and he has millions, yet you pick on him like some kind of stubborn, ignorant, rude child born with a silver spoon is his mouth. It's easy to do that, for example... You said there was no background noise yet there is. You say you're a fairly good player, you're not."

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2014

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Tuesday, May 30th 2017, 8:52pm

Back when I was a kid, i had civ 2.... I still have no idea how to fucking play this. Keeps me away from even trying the new ones.

I know probably hijacking, but I wanted to share this little story, coz i am 25 now and I know I still wouldnt grasp what I got to do in this game.
still playin' Motorstorm

Date of registration
: Jan 8th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Wednesday, May 31st 2017, 4:29am

Probably the strongest "economic" civ and civ is all about the economy. Also, nothing beats Cusco in hilly desert terrain with some mountains and Petra.

I prefer Siam though, for consistent adventure of fighting for city-state favors.

Date of registration
: Aug 28th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Thursday, June 1st 2017, 12:51am

>Be Greece
>CS war
>wat

Haha :D Korea (to the left) bought it specifically to get a buffer zone because they saw a war coming.

I'm playing as the Inca for the first time in one of my current games, and they certainly seem like a fun civ. I'm looking forward to spamming roads everywhere in my territory as soon as I get Wagon Trains.

The Aztecs are my second favourite. The UA and Jaguars suit me the most, but I won't refuse a 15% food bonus even without lakes. It does detract from the fun, though; tile bonuses turn me on.

Marathon is aids, why would you do that to yourself

Coming from you, this made me laugh even more than the first lines :D I recall a quote that describes my current relation to it well: "For a Standard player, Marathon feels like snail's pace, but for a Marathon player Standard feels like fast-forward." From a game-technical perspective, I don't see it as everything else taking three times as long, but war being three times as quick. I think it makes for more punishing but rewarding warfare.
  • You can no longer build an early-game defence force as late as when the troops begin marching towards you; it has to be ready as soon as the invaders are.
  • It's now usually quicker to fully heal a unit than it is to replace it, bridging the gap in value between healthy and dying units. This rewards players who put their units at the right level of risk without letting them die.
  • It is more viable to embark on a pillaging spree to set back a rival.
The ancient era gets a bit dull, though, and the classical too for everyone who didn't build or was on the receiving end of the Terracotta Army.

Back when I was a kid, i had civ 2.... I still have no idea how to fucking play this. Keeps me away from even trying the new ones.

I know probably hijacking, but I wanted to share this little story, coz i am 25 now and I know I still wouldnt grasp what I got to do in this game.

Get the game*. I had the most fun during my first few matches when I just roleplayed decisions since I had no idea what awaited in the next era, how to abuse the AI or how to play somewhat close to optimally. It's fairly easy to get into if you play a few tutorials and simply ignore religion and tourism for now.

* 5, not 6. I've only played 5 but it seems staggeringly more popular than 6.

Also, nothing beats Cusco in hilly desert terrain with some mountains and Petra.

I have a contender...

Why I don't use lasers:

Quoted

The Green Laser Sight you should almost always turn off as it gives away your vacation.

Quotes Corner

Double Ass-Ault Tank Lunch - YouTube

Most fun ever in this game mode.

BF4: Competitive Tank Launching

Rated on explosives used, launch, flight trajectory, style/tricks, and landing.

Shitgun: Whoops did I spell that wrong? Nah, I don't believe so.

Anyone got any ideas about what the UGL Rail on the L86 is for? (13/04 Patch notes.)

XM25 can't mount, can it? Looking forward to my Underslung Ammo box!

Is there any way for anyone that doesn't have mod powers to know what the IE on 360 thread is? I feel so left out...

Nope. Deleted so only mods can see the contents. It has some... interesting stuff there... *squints @Riesig <.< *

*Nick 30075's Application for Moderatorship follows:*

HURR DURR I IS GOOD MOD GIB IE ON 360

My application would be better.
"Totally not Tapatalk only. Pls gib pwor"

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Noobspanker" (Jun 1st 2017, 12:57am)

marbleduck

(1,510)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, June 1st 2017, 1:57am

how do I delete

Platoon Marble Duck

Hate Mail

marbleduck

(1,510)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, June 1st 2017, 1:59am

Yeah, try Civ 5. Move on to Civ 6 when it has a couple DLCs and is a bit more cohesive.

Took me about 5 full games and lots of reading to really start to understand the game, and I'm still unable to play Deity. Have finished every victory type on Immortal though.[/quote]

> to spamming roads everywhere in my territory as soon as I get Wagon Trains.

@Noobspanker

I can never manage any policies besides Rationalism when I play for population (i.e., Inca). I almost always end up getting all of Tradition and the left side of Liberty plus the free worker perk. Slow culture civs can't really do much more than that and maybe a couple Rationalism tenets and some Order/Freedom.

Probably the best food would be Moctezuma+Pachacutec playing together.

Platoon Marble Duck

Hate Mail

Date of registration
: Jan 8th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Thursday, June 1st 2017, 8:41pm

Yeah, try Civ 5. Move on to Civ 6 when it has a couple DLCs and is a bit more cohesive.

Took me about 5 full games and lots of reading to really start to understand the game, and I'm still unable to play Deity. Have finished every victory type on Immortal though.

Dunno about recent developments (of which there shouldn't be too many), but back when I played a ton the consensus for the uberstart was this -- plant a total of 3-4 cities and then conquer 3-7 more before turn 100-120 with composites preferably, rarely crossbows. Such empire is always a worthy deity contender. Civ tries to stop you in any way available from going wide and tall: happiness is scarce, adversaries start hating, big empire is harder to maintain and defend efficiently. But wide+tall is exactly what you should be trying to do if you want to snowball and run away.

marbleduck

(1,510)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, June 1st 2017, 10:16pm

rip

Platoon Marble Duck

Hate Mail