Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Commando484z" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 31st 2012

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Tuesday, November 29th 2016, 3:58am

Critical Edge/Mordor HQ Demise !?

Hello all!
Consider me a once in a blue moon lurker, but I used to go to the Critical Edge forums from time to time,once known as Mordor HQ . When I went to go see how the forum has been doing, I was greeted with a Good bye message! The forum had actually closed down, with no message or anything as to what happened to the community. This really shocked me, as the last time I went to see the forum it looked to be doing decently well.

So I ask, does anybody know what happened to the forum as to why they close down? I reckon maybe some of its members went to Symthic forums, imo the Symthic community feel a little similar to Critical Edge's.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,343)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 18

Tuesday, November 29th 2016, 4:17am

I never thought I would see MordorHQ being likened to Symthic.

From what I remember, MordorHQ was even more toxic than Battlelog.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(5,875)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 16

Tuesday, November 29th 2016, 11:19am

Was it a big forum with bunch of active users? From what I have seen during years, big communities tend to be... interesting: Open e-drama going between users, different sub-groups emerge, admins/mods have to do harsh moves every now and then (or are just plain d*cks), et cetera et cetera.

This is why I don't mind Symthic being bit more quiet. Easier to keep track of things and we rarely get any bigger issues ^^ (but still got interesting posts to chew on often enough).
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,343)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, November 29th 2016, 11:20am

Was it a big forum with bunch of active users? From what I have seen during years, big communities tend to be... interesting: Open e-drama going between users, different sub-groups emerge, admins/mods have to do harsh moves every now and then (or are just plain d*cks), et cetera et cetera.

This is why I don't mind Symthic being bit more quiet. Easier to keep track of things and we rarely get any bigger issues ^^ (but still got interesting posts to chew on often enough).

I remember it being just a massive circljerk about "muh mod tools" and "DICE doesn't know good game design but we do."

But my memory is really bad.
Data Browser

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,022)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Tuesday, November 29th 2016, 11:32am

Well to be fair, we have quite a few quarrels and drama here as well. Plus entitlement of being better devs than DICE. :D Humans are the same everywhere.

Generally more numbers and facts attract more Merkel kind of people instead of Trump kind of people, so there your statement holds true. :D

Date of registration
: Apr 12th 2013

Battlelog:

Tuesday, November 29th 2016, 6:06pm

Well to be fair, we have quite a few quarrels and drama here as well. Plus entitlement of being better devs than DICE. :D Humans are the same everywhere.

Generally more numbers and facts attract more Merkel kind of people instead of Trump kind of people, so there your statement holds true. :D

Hah, true. Had to pass by just to say that.

I used to visit the Mordor discussions before they became Mordor (before being kicked out of EA forums). There was an unhealthy amount of toxicity already then but a fair dose of lulz to keep it in balance. After the transition to MordorHQ, I think the scale tipped towards the former, unfortunately.
"Less is more? How can that be? How could less be more, that's impossible. More is more." Yngwie Malmsten
"Many bullets help." WoopsyYaya
"most rhetorically legitimate ad hominem 2015" ToTheSun!

Date of registration
: Sep 7th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Wednesday, November 30th 2016, 12:08am

Why was a "Battlefield" forum named MordorHQ by the way?

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,022)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Wednesday, November 30th 2016, 1:26am

Why was a "Battlefield" forum named MordorHQ by the way?

Well EA is in Mordor. Games are also not developed but forged in the fires of Mt. Doom.

TheMightyVoice

The Pantless Messiah Returns

(1,830)

Date of registration
: May 22nd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Wednesday, November 30th 2016, 3:21am

Plus entitlement of being better devs than DICE. :D Humans are the same everywhere.
To be fair, some of us were, and now some of those people are DICE.
Eat your heart out, Badger.

Spoiler Spoiler

<elementofprgress> yummm baby jesus
<elementofprgress> but i'd prefer jesus with ketchup

<cloon> women are allowed to play hockey?
<daddygreeenjeans> body checks are a fundamental part of women's suffrage

<Riesig> "... I'M GAY..."

steamboat28: the doctors at the ER found my nipples, too!
steamboat28: it just..y'know...took them a razor and two orderlies.

<Legion> And damn, now I really want some [redacted] penetrator measurements

<Rezal> peipin, why did you tell them you brought your phone?
<Pepin_the_Short> Because there’s like a one in five chance of getting searched on the way out
<Pepin_the_Short> And trying to sneak the fucker out is way worse than letting them look at Cloon’s dick pics.

17:52:08 <Rezal> Unfortunately, this video is not available in your country because it could contain music, for which we could not agree on conditions of use with GEMA.
17:52:15 <ToTheSun> lolgema
17:52:15 <TheMightyVoice> lolgema

<Legion> But I literally am Hitler right now
Somehow my bullets are magnetically attracted to popular Youtubers, but theirs rarely seem to hit me.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,343)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, November 30th 2016, 4:21am

Yeah, but those people are all for new, innovative design.

MordorHQ was pretty much another bunch of "BF2 HD Retexture please" people from what I recall.
Data Browser

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.