Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Monday, August 15th 2016, 8:54pm

Ahhh good tip. The app says it does overlays. It doesn't mention on the website that it needs another tool to do it ;)

Fortunately remembered to grab firefox. Might have had to actually use Edge, there. Phew, close one! ;)

Monday, August 15th 2016, 9:04pm

Oh here's a specific question: Pagefiles. Sorry to double-post this one but I didn't want this question to be lost.

My previous practice, was to set the swapfile to the minimum size allowed, for both the minimum and maximum pagefile size, thus ensuring that the file was rarely used and never shrank+grew and created fragmentation. I have 16GB of fast RAM and it shouldn't need a pagefile, I'd guess.

Now, I'm on SSD. Should I disable the pagefile entirely?

Same question for hibernation files? I won't be needing any sleep function at all.

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(5,875)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 16

Monday, August 15th 2016, 9:31pm

Now, I'm on SSD. Should I disable the pagefile entirely?

Same question for hibernation files? I won't be needing any sleep function at all.

I have pagefile disabled with 16GB RAM with no issues. I think you can remove the hibernation file as well, however since Win8 Windows has had this "Fast boot" thing where it replaces normal shutdown with some kind of hibernation/shutdown thing, basically just making booting faster.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

TheMightyVoice

The Pantless Messiah Returns

(1,830)

Date of registration
: May 22nd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Tuesday, August 16th 2016, 2:08am

MalwareBytes' Anti Beacon software is pretty much the easiest fix for actually disabling all the tracking shit that W10 has.
Eat your heart out, Badger.

Spoiler Spoiler

<elementofprgress> yummm baby jesus
<elementofprgress> but i'd prefer jesus with ketchup

<cloon> women are allowed to play hockey?
<daddygreeenjeans> body checks are a fundamental part of women's suffrage

<Riesig> "... I'M GAY..."

steamboat28: the doctors at the ER found my nipples, too!
steamboat28: it just..y'know...took them a razor and two orderlies.

<Legion> And damn, now I really want some [redacted] penetrator measurements

<Rezal> peipin, why did you tell them you brought your phone?
<Pepin_the_Short> Because there’s like a one in five chance of getting searched on the way out
<Pepin_the_Short> And trying to sneak the fucker out is way worse than letting them look at Cloon’s dick pics.

17:52:08 <Rezal> Unfortunately, this video is not available in your country because it could contain music, for which we could not agree on conditions of use with GEMA.
17:52:15 <ToTheSun> lolgema
17:52:15 <TheMightyVoice> lolgema

<Legion> But I literally am Hitler right now
Somehow my bullets are magnetically attracted to popular Youtubers, but theirs rarely seem to hit me.

yugas42

(1,329)

Date of registration
: Sep 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Tuesday, August 16th 2016, 3:27am

If you want to run an anti-virus program the only ones I will install on anyones computer nowadays is Avira and Malwarebytes. Avira acts as the active protection from malicious downloads while Malwarebytes is your backup scan if you think something is wrong. I'm not entirely sure how Avira interacts with gaming since I don't use anything on my own computer, but it has worked very well for my dad on both of his. Avira is what Avast used to be some 5 years ago.

This post by "elroy" (Wednesday, September 21st 2016, 9:55am) has been deleted by user "yugas42" (Wednesday, September 21st 2016, 9:56am) with the following reason: not pertinent to thread