Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Zormau" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Monday, July 4th 2016, 11:37pm

Now, now, please remain calm. I don't think there's reason to argue, you aren't trying to contradict each other, you just have different priorities and perspectives. (edit: k, you settled while I wrote :D)

1) A lighter mouse will (as soon as you've gotten used to it after abandoning an old brick) allow for greater precision and speed. No argument there.

2) A lighter mouse necessarily means cutting back on features that you might not want to abandon. In my case that would be at least six or seven buttons + scrollwheel + main mouse buttons.

3) A compromise will yield suboptimal results in terms of potential FPS speed and precision for greater ease in other applications (MMOs in my case). I don't think, however, that I'm playing at a level where a maximum performance FPS mouse is worth the price in versatility.

Currently I'm thinking either G502, a new G700s or, preferrably, having mine repaired as I still have half a year of warranty left.
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield 3
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield 4
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield Hardline

Memorable quotes not taken yet:

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

I always believed science should be very hands on experience.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?

TheMightyVoice

The Pantless Messiah Returns

(1,727)

Date of registration
: May 22nd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Tuesday, July 5th 2016, 12:41am

G900 is an excellent mouse in my opinion, if you don't need more than 5 total usable buttons on your mouse. I tried one for two weeks, it was pretty damn good.
Eat your heart out, Badger.

Spoiler Spoiler

<elementofprgress> yummm baby jesus
<elementofprgress> but i'd prefer jesus with ketchup

<cloon> women are allowed to play hockey?
<daddygreeenjeans> body checks are a fundamental part of women's suffrage

<Riesig> "... I'M GAY..."

steamboat28: the doctors at the ER found my nipples, too!
steamboat28: it just..y'know...took them a razor and two orderlies.

<Legion> And damn, now I really want some [redacted] penetrator measurements

<Rezal> peipin, why did you tell them you brought your phone?
<Pepin_the_Short> Because there’s like a one in five chance of getting searched on the way out
<Pepin_the_Short> And trying to sneak the fucker out is way worse than letting them look at Cloon’s dick pics.

17:52:08 <Rezal> Unfortunately, this video is not available in your country because it could contain music, for which we could not agree on conditions of use with GEMA.
17:52:15 <ToTheSun> lolgema
17:52:15 <TheMightyVoice> lolgema

<Legion> But I literally am Hitler right now
Somehow my bullets are magnetically attracted to popular Youtubers, but theirs rarely seem to hit me.

yugas42

(1,254)

Date of registration
: Sep 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Tuesday, July 5th 2016, 12:55am

@Natskyg3

I've just weighed by G502 vs my previous Zowie EC1 Evo.

G502 was 126 grams
EC1 was 110 grams

16 grams is the difference here. The 502 is heavier, yes, but the EC1 is pretty well known as being a very light mouse anyways. It's certainly not too heavy, I've used the G502 now for a little over 6 months and I like it very much. It's one of the best mice I've used.

TheMightyVoice

The Pantless Messiah Returns

(1,727)

Date of registration
: May 22nd 2012

Battlelog:

Tuesday, July 5th 2016, 1:02am

@Natskyg3

G502 was 126 grams
EC1 was 110 grams

16 grams is the difference here. The 502 is heavier, yes, but the EC1 is pretty well known as being a very light mouse anyways. It's certainly not too heavy, I've used the G502 now for a little over 6 months and I like it very much. It's one of the best mice I've used.
Aside from it trying to kill your finger due to your metal allergy

That aside, if you're really gunning for weight loss but the 502 still appeals to you, there are certain warranty voiding, resale chances killing modifications you can make to it to cut down weight slightly.
Eat your heart out, Badger.

Spoiler Spoiler

<elementofprgress> yummm baby jesus
<elementofprgress> but i'd prefer jesus with ketchup

<cloon> women are allowed to play hockey?
<daddygreeenjeans> body checks are a fundamental part of women's suffrage

<Riesig> "... I'M GAY..."

steamboat28: the doctors at the ER found my nipples, too!
steamboat28: it just..y'know...took them a razor and two orderlies.

<Legion> And damn, now I really want some [redacted] penetrator measurements

<Rezal> peipin, why did you tell them you brought your phone?
<Pepin_the_Short> Because there’s like a one in five chance of getting searched on the way out
<Pepin_the_Short> And trying to sneak the fucker out is way worse than letting them look at Cloon’s dick pics.

17:52:08 <Rezal> Unfortunately, this video is not available in your country because it could contain music, for which we could not agree on conditions of use with GEMA.
17:52:15 <ToTheSun> lolgema
17:52:15 <TheMightyVoice> lolgema

<Legion> But I literally am Hitler right now
Somehow my bullets are magnetically attracted to popular Youtubers, but theirs rarely seem to hit me.

yugas42

(1,254)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, July 5th 2016, 1:25am

Aside from it trying to kill your finger due to your metal allergy

Indeed, but actually my mouse wheel has a layer of tape on it right now to prevent that, which probably adds another gram or two.

Date of registration
: Aug 1st 2015

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Tuesday, July 5th 2016, 8:31am

@Natskyg3

G502 was 126 grams
EC1 was 110 grams

With or without cables on the weight?

yugas42

(1,254)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, July 5th 2016, 8:50am

With or without cables on the weight?

Without for both.

• "Zormau" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Wednesday, July 6th 2016, 1:38pm

Thanks again for all your imputs, but I've momentarily resorted to manually repairing/kludging the omron switches in my mouse. Let's see how long "re-strengthening the springs" lasts. Might have to alter it agan anyway, the left mouse button is pretty stiff right now.
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield 3
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield 4
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield Hardline

Memorable quotes not taken yet:

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

I always believed science should be very hands on experience.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?