Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Zormau" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Monday, July 4th 2016, 5:55pm

Looking for a new mouse, reloaded

So my G700s is progressively breaking down. It had been occasionally double clicking on right clicks for about a year now, which was a bit annoying in FPS games but didn't impact me too much due to its infrequency. Now sadly the left mouse button is showing signs of the same behaviour, probably because both buttons are wearing out. Granted, they have been used for thousands upon thousands of hours and millions of clicks both, so I still think the track record is okay after two and a half years.

I have gotten used to the mouse's weight, the position of the sensor and its buttons and also the rampant battery consumption. Three of the four Ansmann rechargeables and the package included Sanyo Eneloop lasted me until this very day.

Still I wonder if there might be a viable alternative for me out there.

Checklist:

- I mostly use a claw grip, so it should work with that
- at least 12 buttons in total, extra buttons beyond the main two preferrably left of center
- customization via driver
- I'd like to be able to set it to my default 1200 DPI
- a forward sensor position would be a plus
- I don't care whether it's cable bound or wireless as long as it provides a 1000 Hz polling rate
- I don't really care about the weight if it's not too crazy

I've been looking at the G402 Hyperion Fury, G502 Proteus Spectrum (core is more expensive and should technically be the same), Roccat Tyon and simply re-buying another G700s.

Any (further) recommendations or experiences you all could share on this topic?

P.S. I could also settle for a tool that prevents my mouse from accepting a second click within 0.05-0.075s of the last or something like that, practically fixing the doubleclick issue.
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield 3
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield 4
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield Hardline

Memorable quotes not taken yet:

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

I always believed science should be very hands on experience.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, July 4th 2016, 6:31pm

the g502 was a great step ahead for my gaming experience, so i'd say that, but i also haveto admit that it didn't fit really well with my hybrid/custom grip and i had to adapt to it(there's no support for the pinky finger, if you really want it, you have to customize it, which is somewhat double, although risky and is not exactly going to be reliable) also the sensor isn't really "forward", it should be parallel in comparison to your knuckles or slightly more ahead depending on the grip, which by the way is best fit for a palm grip, but it's still ergonomic enough that you can use it with a claw grip, although reaching the 3-4 extra buttons on the top side will be a bit harder.

these things aside, the g502 has basically no downside, it's just top-of-the-line equipment,in fact, you can even change the key connected to side scroll(rather than side scrolling you can make it another key to use mid-game, although i wouldn't use it as you might press it for error when using MMB) and make the wheel do this shit:

it's more useful than you might think at first.

also if you buyit, take in mind that there isn't really a set ideal dpi, as with in game testing i did, the higher the dpi, the more accurate was aiming with sniper rifles, at least on bf4, i set it on 2000 dpi at the moment and vary between 10 and 14% sensitivity in most recent games.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Date of registration
: Aug 1st 2015

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Monday, July 4th 2016, 8:59pm

I wouldn't recomend the G502, not because it is "bad" but because it is too damn heavy. TBH i would even recomend a mouse with that many buttons, they are too heavy and besides that what your keyboard is there for. But if thats what you absoluttly need, and keep in mind they are worse for FPS's, then i would keep an eye on Gimmickmaster 3000 AKA The Z. or Brick with buttons AKA G502

• "Zormau" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Monday, July 4th 2016, 9:20pm

@Natskyg3

While the Z looks *kind of* interesting I doubt its practicality and believe it to be suuuuuper awkward to learn. Also $229 MSRP (+ shipping, + taxes).

Yeah, I kind of forgot to add to the OP that I don't exactly just play one kind of game. FPS and most solo games I play are great with just two side buttons and a scrollwheel, but for MMORPGs and Star Citizen (once that becomes properly playable) more buttons on the mouse make a nice difference. The Tyon's analog throttle might be nice for the latter in particular.

Any mouse aside from a new G700s would be a significant reduction in weight.
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield 3
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield 4
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield Hardline

Memorable quotes not taken yet:

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

I always believed science should be very hands on experience.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, July 4th 2016, 9:41pm

i think the weight argument it's just bollocks, don't get me wrong, stats are stats, and less is less, but you get used to it, we're talking of a difference in grams not kilos, as long as a mouse fits your grip at least moderately and you make your grip fit it even better, give it a couple days and you will adpt to it perfectly and not feel any hindrance or difference, this is especially true if in the case of something like the g502 weight distibution is really good.

although i must say i'm kinda biased due to my setup that negates the use of a keyboard and the fact it is the mouse i spent most for(also it's just as heavy as my old mouse on full-weight) :V

p.s.: with the z it seems someone finally decided to create a controller-mouse hybrid, took them long enough, hopefully it's good at least a moderate fraction of a g502.
"I'm just a loot whore."

bf4
on 13/05/2016

bf3

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, July 4th 2016, 10:07pm

@iota-09

No, it is not. Find me one competetive player of any FPS that uses a plus 120g mouse.

A mouse should be an extension of your arm, and not feel like you are moving something around. In this lighter is better.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, July 4th 2016, 10:11pm

@iota-09

No, it is not. Find me one competetive player of any FPS that uses a plus 120g mouse.

A mouse should be an extension of your arm, and not feel like you are moving something around. In this lighter is better.

yes, but you get used to it.

what i mean is that unless you're seeking the best of the best performance possible, compromises can be made for comfort and versatility as decent strenght and muscle memory can make you adapt to a modest weight, especially if you never tried anything lighter before.

now, if zormau was trying to get a mouse for playing in esl or something, then there i would probably tell him to get a g502 or zoe, there's also that new mouse by logitech that costs a fortune, but as it is not the case, and his needs are more similar to mine, i feel like the g502 would be a better choice.
"I'm just a loot whore."

bf4
on 13/05/2016

bf3

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, July 4th 2016, 10:17pm

@iota-09

what i mean is that unless you're seeking the best of the best performance possible, compromises can be made for comfort and versatility as decent strenght and muscle memory can make you adapt to a modest weight, especially if you never tried anything lighter before.

now, if zormau was trying to get a mouse for playing in esl or something, then there i would probably tell him to get a g502 or zoe, there's also that new mouse by logitech that costs a fortune, but as it is not the case, and his needs are more similar to mine, i feel like the g502 would be a better choice.

If it was a simple case of getting used to it then one would expect the best players would be able to do it and still be competetive. After all they are the best, so getting used to something should be easy, and it would be atractive because they could have so many more features on their mice.

As this is not the case it leads me to believe there is an inherite advantage to lighter mice.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, July 4th 2016, 10:23pm

@iota-09

If it was a simple case of getting used to it then one would expect the best players would be able to do it and still be competetive. After all they are the best, so getting used to something should be easy, and it would be atractive because they could have so many more features on their mice.

As this is not the case it leads me to believe there is an inherite advantage to lighter mice.

i never said there isn't, it's not like the analog stickVSmouse debate, where both have less or more the same software accuracy and so as long as the controller player trains for tenfold times the mamount of time the pc player does, he can outsnipe(not counting multitasking and recoil control) the micer, in this case though, what i mean by "getting used to" means getting used to the weight, not being just as good with it, "more is more, and less is less" it is a fact that less weight is better, but one can compensate and get a compromise between weight and features, given the case that here features appear to have more importance than weight, weight should be left as a side note, but i repeat, if his needs were more geared toward high-level competitive fps play, he should have gone for something lighter, but this is not the case, and he won't feel the need of something lighter because he already is used to a pretty hefty mouse, meaning that at least for now the 502 is the best and most versatile option for him.
"I'm just a loot whore."

bf4
on 13/05/2016

bf3