Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Monday, July 4th 2016, 2:54am

Battlefield forums SSL cert expired?

Anyone else seeing this?

Source code

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from forums.battlefield.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID

This server could not prove that it is forums.battlefield.com; its security certificate expired yesterday. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection. Your computer's clock is currently set to Monday, July 4, 2016. Does that look right? If not, you should correct your system's clock and then refresh this page.

Forger21

for all your voodoo needs

(512)

Date of registration
: Jul 2nd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Monday, July 4th 2016, 3:28am

I'm getting it too.

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,073)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 16

Monday, July 4th 2016, 11:44am

Better not login on that page just to be safe if you're getting things like that. Normally messages like that are due to misconfiguration / weird certification, but battlefield being slightly more popular thing it could be a malwareish thing of sorts.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Monday, July 4th 2016, 2:24pm

Thanks guys. Yeh I wanted to make sure someone wasn't trying to MITM, but it seems the issue is actually on their end. a moderator posted on the forums that they are aware of the issue and working on it.

Forger21

for all your voodoo needs

(512)

Date of registration
: Jul 2nd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Monday, July 4th 2016, 6:08pm

Seems to be working fine for me again now, maybe their fix went through.

Monday, July 4th 2016, 6:19pm

Seems to be working fine for me again now, maybe their fix went through.

It's the 5th here now, but when I clocked it back to the 4th, it still worked.

Someone over there got UTC and local time confused XD