Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "NZdude" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 13th 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Wednesday, April 13th 2016, 8:04am

Magical guns.

Does anyone else have guns from any game that were just magical for them? For me it's the MW2 M4A1. Dunno what it is, but I wreck face with it, no matter the range, no matter anything.

Nick 30075

2manyPosts4me

(1,936)

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Wednesday, April 13th 2016, 8:18am

The Staticor in Warframe. You can make these little flick shots that deal a good chunk of damage over a small AoE or fire charged hadoukens that wipe rooms. My main creates clones which follow her and mimic her actions, plus I have that thing modified to fire three shots at once...yeah, nine room-clearing explosions at once. It's just beautiful, it feels so satisfying to use and it actually holds up at endgame.

The Elite Rifle from Star Wars: Battlefront II also comes to mind. The burst was very, very potent and I could reliably kill things from the hip with it at rather long ranges. It just fit me well.

Oh, and I have to mention BF3's M26. I can't not, I'm Symthic's MASShole.
Emperor Nick of the Cult of Defibrillation
Sith Deity of Thread-Killing

I'm basically just a degenerate weeb who doesn't post much nowadays.

I'm secretly Old Man Symthic

Siggy thingies

Gaming Stuff

Words of Wisdom (not really)

Quoted from "Blue Panda"

You're fedorable :love:

Quoted from "ToTheSun!"

I have the highest postcount. Nick doesn't count.

Quoted

23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm -
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Okay
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm stabbing everyone
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Bye guys
23:44 Nick: *flips table*
23:44 Legion: Bye, happy stabbing
23:44 *** Lt_Col_Jesus quit (Quit: off to murder the public at large).

Quoted

10:41 LB: You just...reanimated Steve Jobs.
10:41 Dice: Well that would be unfortunate, I was just getting used to him being dead.

Quoted from "Pheozero"

... fuck. Damn you hindsight!

Quoted

23:58 Failure117: CAUSE IM FREEE
23:58 Nick: AS A BIIIIRD NOW
23:58 Failure117: FREEE OF NICK'S WORM RAPE

Quoted

ViperFTW: HEY LOOK
ViperFTW: AN ALIEN LASER FISH THE SIZE OF THE SUN
ViperFTW: I WANT TO SWAT IT WITH MY COMICLY LARGE SWORD
ViperFTW: WITH
ViperFTW: THIS
ViperFTW: AS
ViperFTW: MY
ViperFTW: FUUUUCKING SOUNDTRACK :DDDD
(the album in question)

Date of registration
: Dec 23rd 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Wednesday, April 13th 2016, 8:51am

Mine has to be the Bronco .44 in Payday 2 and FN F2000 in several games and probably the Beam Rifle in SW:BFII :D
Where flesh fails, machine endures.

Zer0Cod3x

Can't get a title

(1,327)

Date of registration
: Dec 23rd 2013

Platform: Xbox One

Reputation modifier: 13

Wednesday, April 13th 2016, 12:44pm

The Maggie from Borderlands 2. Damn that thing was dope :thumbsup:
something something Model 8 bestgun

How to ice an A-91

Next, wanna try adding a guy that you KNOW is bad, and just testing to see that? Example: PP-2000 (god I so wanna love this gun, and yet...)

Example: PP-2000 (god I so wanna love this gun, and yet...)

PP-2000 added. Y'know, it's not that bad....

Yes, it comes in last so far, but that is mostly because I'm making it shoot at 100m ADS - Not Moving as one of the criteria. Even then, between 50-100m Not Moving, when you include Useability, it is only 1.37% worse than the MTAR-21. Within 50m then it even beats the A-91.

Have a look, vs. the A-91 Carbine:

Using it with Muzzle Brake and Compensator is a wash in terms of overall performance. Comp is SLIGHTLY more accurate, while MB is SLIGHTLY more easy to use. Their overall scores are basically tied, with MB just ahead. I guess either can be recommended.

But... You can't be counting for the fact that it takes 9 bullets to kill at "long" range... Don't you dare tell me my A-91 is worse than a 9 BTK 650 RPM mediocre PDW.

Also. Just go heavy barrel. The recoil is low enough.

Well, technically...

Comparing a PP2K with HB and an A-91 with comp and stubby (as you suggested in an earlier post), at 50m not moving, the A-91 is only better by 4 damage per hitrate. While at 75m and 100m, surprisingly the PP2K does better than the A-91 (I'm pretty damn surprised as well).

And 10m and 50m moving the PP2K also does more damage per hitrate than the A-91. At 25m the A-91 is only better by about half a bullet's damage as well.

In addition, the PP2K has a much larger mag size and substantially less recoil. And it looks hella awesome. So comparing the A-91 to a PDW is of some worth after all, as the PP2K is better (technically, not practically) than the A-91.

Mind blown.

I... I...

*cries in a corner*

Zer0Cod3x explained it very well. If you look at the raw numbers right here on Symthic Comparison, you can see how that happened:

A-91 vs PP-2000 | BF4 Weapon Comparison | Symthic

A-91's "23%" RPM advantage only afforded it 1 extra round.

Reload times are wash.

Velocities are wash.

V-Recoil are wash (and this is HBar on PP2k vs. A-91 without).

Hipfire and ADS - Moving are better on the PP2k, but it's a PDW and not the surprising part.

The surprising part is that, as equipped (and we see above that PP2k HBar has almost same V-Recoil as A-91 without HBar so why not?), the PDW performs better at 50 - 100m than a bloody Carbine. Why?

H-Recoil Spread, 0.525 vs. 0.45, advantage PP2k.

SIPS, 42% better on the PP2k.

And here is the most important part. ADS - Not Moving Spread, 0.35 vs. 0.2, 43% improvement.

Without HBar then of course the PP2k loses, which is why when I add all the attachments together for an Overall Ranking, it would slot below the A-91. Run HBar on it, though, then... I'm sorry

@Veritable
@Zer0Cod3x
I... I...
But...
Wha...
I AM HAVING AN EXISTENTIAL CRISIS IN SCHOOL BECAUSE OF YOU TWO.

FUCK YOU NERDS AND YOUR FANCY NUMBERS

SEXY RUSSIAN BULLPUPS FTW.

In all seriousness, thank you both so much for giving me the numbers. I still don't want to accept them. You have led the horse to water. I still need to drink.

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Wednesday, April 13th 2016, 2:43pm

xm8,m4 and p90 in MGO2 i think, but so much time passed... best game plagued by cheaters.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,612)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 17

Wednesday, April 13th 2016, 2:45pm

P90 AKA The Stargate Gun is always must-try for me, altho I rarely use it all the time.
However pump action shotguns, especially ones with "870" in it (Remington M870 is the full name I guess, but games tweak it bit) are the ones that unlock my hidden potential ^^
(also troll weapons, like riot shields and bows)
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Watcher-45

He's watching...

(758)

Date of registration
: May 5th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Wednesday, April 13th 2016, 2:45pm

M1 Garand from BFBC2.

First gun I platinum starred, it was powerful and shot POA/POI every time! I'd counter snipe with it AND kick in doors with it!

The handguns from Halo, the original Halo. There's nothing I couldn't do with the human and covenant pistols; with the human pistol could 1-shot a Hunter and the covenant pistol was abundant and could be rapid fired with a certain technique.

In Borderlands 2 I opened a crate and got a low magnification, fully automatic sniper rifle with a decently fast ROF (700rpm-ish) and a 30 round drum that shot slag. It was OP as hell. Could one shot pretty much any low level minion, the magnification was low enough to use it like an assault rifle, and the slag bonus made boss fights a breeze. Of course I couldn't fight the bosses with JUST the sniper rifle, so it fell kind of short there. But after dumping a whole mag of that slag rifle into a boss monster a few shots from my ridiculous cluster RPG thing would usually finish the job in no time.
Sorry I don't remember names, that game had so many damn weapons.

In BF4 the L85A2 just clicked with me. I didn't want to like it, but it seemed like I couldn't do bad with it, so it eventually replaced my use of the M416.
All bike, all the time!

Spoiler Spoiler

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Wednesday, April 13th 2016, 2:53pm

M1 Garand from BFBC2.

First gun I platinum starred,

oh gee what you made me remember... platinum stars! the first i did was the m1911, with which i could countersniper snipers from the first base of isla inocentes to the highest point of the attackers hill, ON CONSOLE!(although i must admit i've always been a better sniper on console than on pc for some weird reason)

and the m1911 in general has always been a great gun for me.... except in bf4, in bf4 it never works, unless you use it with a 3X scope.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration
: Jul 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Wednesday, April 13th 2016, 6:37pm

For me it's the MW2 M4A1.

Was more of a FAL/M16A4 man myself ;)

The M60 in Battlefield 3 (and even 4 to some extent) is the obvious choice. Accuracy, power, dat fucking noise, and making idiots angry when you killed them with a gun with the second slowest automatic fire rate in the whole game :D
I also really liked the .44 Magnum in Battlefield 4, once they made the 3x scope usable and removed the ridiculous fire delay. The noise carried it alone! ...Well it did until they brought the unusable 3x scope back again because raisins...

Shredifier in Borderlands 2 (NOT TPS though, I can't look past it's fucking disgusting colour change) was always my favourite! Still my very first one that Pheo gave on my first time playing it with him and LB :)

Killing Floor's Hunting Shotgun also comes to mind. Mainly because A) It's a fucking double barrelled shotgun and B) It was the single most powerful thing in the universe for a very very long time :P

Everybody's Favourite Worthless Support and LMG Fan! :thumbsup:

Song currently stuck in my head is: Red Cold River by Breaking Benjamin!

yugas42

(1,387)

Date of registration
: Sep 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Wednesday, April 13th 2016, 7:04pm

Lots of different games I could answer that for...

APB Reloaded: OBIR NFCP 3 (burst-fire marksman rifle)

Payday 2: Valkyria (AS Val) Assault Rifle

Team Fortress 2: Liberty Launcher

Borderlands 2: literally any Jakobs Quad

Warframe: Sonicor

Battlefield 3: Spas-12 Slugs

But there can only be one king...