Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

IG

Always trust a Tork!

(1,364)

• "IG" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Saturday, April 2nd 2016, 9:43pm

Damn Google you creepy and mega smart

Actually, I think this is more cool than creepy.

Yesterday I decided to check out my Google Account dashboard, something I set up years ago and never bothered to look at since. Google Dashboard basically gives you an overview of your Google Account and the services you are using with it; it shows the Android devices connected to it, the photos saved to that account, the Drive storage used on that account and so on.

It also has Location History, first it shows you a map with dots on a world map highlighting all the places you've been to. But if you set Location History to a specific date it will show you you all the places you went that they, how you went to that place, what time you set off, your commute direction and how long you spent at certain places to a surprisingly accurate degree. It's not perfectly accurate, it sometimes gets the method of transportation wrong or your direction of commute, but it's still accurate!

I can see all my regular commutes to school, all the nights I went out, all the family relatives I've visited, all the road trips I've been to etc.

Google gets all the information it needs simply through the occasional GPS location of your phone, but it connects that information to create vast knowledge. God knows what they're capable of if they were to cross check your location history with the location history of your contacts or even random people who regularly show up at the same places at the same times. tbh the NSA should just contract Google... does the NSA just contract Google?

A random day of my life

Google is big bro.

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(5,875)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 16

Saturday, April 2nd 2016, 9:58pm

Yeap, it's amazing what all you can do with mathematics, bunch of available data ("Big Data") and lots of computing power. The machine learning algorithms that learn how to detect different ways you commute can learn it to like, 95% accuracy depending on how much information of said area is available etc.

Tbh I find it even more fascinating that they trained a neural network that can detect what object is in picture (car, cat, dog etcetc). Or even better there is now a system that can give very accurate image captions based on only the image (wasn't google I think, but still).

It's gonna be interesting few years now that AlphaGo happened and DeepMind mentioned that Starcraft could be interesting problem to solve with machine learning.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Saturday, April 2nd 2016, 11:23pm

it would show me in a an area of no more than 50 kms in the timespan of an entire year.

not amused.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

IG

Always trust a Tork!

(1,364)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, April 2nd 2016, 11:53pm

it would show me in a an area of no more than 50 kms in the timespan of an entire year.

not amused.

Well, have you left your city in the past year?

I think for the location history to be the most accurate and detailed you would need an Android phone tied to a Google account with location (GPS) enabled.

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Sunday, April 3rd 2016, 12:17am

Well, have you left your city in the past year?

That's the whole point of the joke(i mean, it'd be really close to reality, but it's still a joke)
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Date of registration
: Dec 26th 2015

Reputation modifier: 3

Sunday, April 3rd 2016, 10:52am

not amused.
I can honestly say that I have not moved outside a 50km radius (100km circle) in over a year. (About 31 mile radius/62 mile diameter for an American)

I'm okay with this.
I love the math behind the statistics
It's possible to find me online at almost any given time, due to the fact that my schedule is hectic and rather non-existent.

Who needs sleep anyways?
(PC/PS4 gamer)

Various bf4 spreadsheets: (nothing special, just raw data from the Symthic website put into a spreadsheet to analyze all values at once)

Spoiler Spoiler

General Weapon spreadsheet:
BF4_Weapons_enhanced_UPDATED_2016
Soldier Equipment:
BF4_Gadget_Damage
Interactive Damage Table
bf4_dmg_at_range - Google Sheets
Unsuppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Charts
bf4_sniper_guide
Suppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Charts
Suppressed bf4_sniper_guide
More user friendly Unsuppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Chart
Friendlier Sniper rifle Bullet Drop Chart
More user friendly Suppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Chart
Friendlier Suppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Chart

Tuesday, April 5th 2016, 3:39am

I had an interesting one.... I speak english, but one day as a joke (long story) I sent an SMS to a friend saying "hola senor". I don't have any google stuff on my phone, no internet at all, it's a dumb phone. I've only given the number to about three people, and there are no real names used in the address book. It's a burner.

He, however, had an entry in his contacts on google, which contained my phone number and email address. The address I used to log into google. So, for the following two weeks, every time I ran a google search, it asked me if I wanted to translate it into Spanish. It took me a long time to realise that it was the SMS I'd sent him, making the machines think I spoke Spanish. Obviously the bots had linked my text being in Spanish, to my phone number, to my email address via his address book. So, even though I never gave google this number, they know it's mine.

So, even if you do everything you can to avoid the google.... Your friends will ensure they know everything about you.

IG

Always trust a Tork!

(1,364)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, April 5th 2016, 4:11am

I had an interesting one.... I speak english, but one day as a joke (long story) I sent an SMS to a friend saying "hola senor". I don't have any google stuff on my phone, no internet at all, it's a dumb phone. I've only given the number to about three people, and there are no real names used in the address book. It's a burner.

He, however, had an entry in his contacts on google, which contained my phone number and email address. The address I used to log into google. So, for the following two weeks, every time I ran a google search, it asked me if I wanted to translate it into Spanish. It took me a long time to realise that it was the SMS I'd sent him, making the machines think I spoke Spanish. Obviously the bots had linked my text being in Spanish, to my phone number, to my email address via his address book. So, even though I never gave google this number, they know it's mine.

So, even if you do everything you can to avoid the google.... Your friends will ensure they know everything about you.

:|

Mofixil

Sometimes I just get blinded by hate. And tears.

(374)

Date of registration
: Jul 27th 2013

Reputation modifier: 8

Tuesday, April 5th 2016, 7:58am

I am as astounded as I am afraid.

Date of registration
: Apr 1st 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Wednesday, April 6th 2016, 7:33am

This isn't surprising. The NSA essentially hacks all of the google data, so they already have it.

It is a complete invasion of privacy, and although the State run agencies uses for the information could be in some cases questionable - even if their sole aim is national security. The real threat comes when this information is hacked into, leaked, or traded, into the hands of some other entity which may be far less scrupulous than the NSA... So the question is this: how good is Google, or Microsoft, or Facebook, or Twitter security? Yes it is worrying. You should be worried.