Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

BeefVellington

The Real Yugas

(282)

• "BeefVellington" started this thread

Date of registration
: Feb 15th 2017

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Sunday, April 8th 2018, 11:29pm

Rainbow Six Siege - Symthic Style?

T4R. I've played Siege since the day it released and in that time, nobody has actually created a reliable or easily accessible resource for Siege's weapon stats. People have spent lots of time creating spreadsheets and doing extensive hand-testing of nearly every aspect of the game's gunplay but none of it is available in one place. I think Symthic could be the perfect candidate for this as it has been for Battlefield in the past.

My main reason for wanting to make this a reality is the sheer amount of misinformation in the Siege community about the game's gunplay. Big names on YouTube spend large amounts of time comparing new weapons in terms of raw DPS in a game in which your character can have vastly varying amounts of effective HP, making this value meaningless. For example, several of the characters in the game have two fully automatic weapons each which have identical RoF and BTK values at point-blank range. Their times-to-kill are identical in these cases, yet one gun will typically have a higher raw DPS value than the other. This leads to the higher-DPS gun being used a vast majority of the time, disregarding all other characteristics of the guns. On top of this, there are about five different barrel attachments and two foregrip options available, none of which people seem to actually understand the mechanics of.

I could list more examples of misinformation but at this point I'm wondering if a Symthic page for Siege is actually a possibility. I don't know if it's possible to datamine weapon stats from the game itself and I don't know if hand-testing is an acceptable substitute. I would be really interested to see if there are enough people here who both play the game and are willing to invest time into a project like this. If so, I'd love to help make it a reality.

Cheers,

bef

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,584)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 17

Monday, April 9th 2018, 12:21am

Back when it got released there was bunch of people doing extraction and whatnot for R6S files, and thus I decided not reinvent the wheel and not start digging too deep into R6S files.

Rather odd if there is no site like Symthic for R6S though. Even PUBG has multiple such sites.

But judging by game's ongoing popularity I figure such site would be useful. I don't personally have time work to on this :/
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included