Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2014

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Tuesday, November 22nd 2016, 7:53pm

I am suspicous on what this survey should achieve ?

I mean, the combination of a business campus including questions of money distribution... in a gaming related environment - that's kinda new.

What's the exact research question ?

Almost like the researchers want to know, whether selfish playing reflects selfish money behaviour and whether the psychological profile fits with those assumptions.

But then again a broader game variation should provide better results. Include something like Clash of Clans or CoD to gain a broader player profile. The possibility to get a better profile of "whales" is a lot higher too, since at least BF3+4 arent Microtransactions as based as BF1 looks to become.

btw. its the first time I did such a money distribution question and I had no idea what to do ? I had too few information, whether my opponent knows what amount of money I get and if I need to get along with this person for a longer period of time or not. My pick would have definitely been more in my favor if I neither need to get along with "the other" nor the opponent knows what I get.
still playin' Motorstorm

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Tuesday, November 22nd 2016, 10:26pm

I'd assume a look into the correlation of personality (especially for those who completed the optional questions), risk taking behaviour (y'know it's kinda hard for a German to count how often per month they drive faster than legally allowed. Everybody is 10 kph above the limit if the weather's good enough. Always.) etc and things like performance, PTFO, maybe even class selection. All kinds of variables might be connected (directly or indirectly), will certainly be interesting.
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield 4

Memorable quotes not taken yet:

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

I always believed science should be very hands on experience.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,476)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 16

Tuesday, November 22nd 2016, 11:43pm

@ARE5R06
@Zormau

Indeed sometimes these questions seem rather weird (chuckled quite a bit at all the "parking ticket" etc ones), but they do indeed have a reason behind it and I believe there are some question sets that have been refined throughout years to asses different psychological traits or so.

@Avelyn18

Like ARES here, I'd like to know what is the research question in your study? I didn't 100% catch what you are after here, but got the general sense.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration
: Sep 7th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Wednesday, November 23rd 2016, 1:55am

That was quite the long survey. Took me more than 15 minutes for sure. If there is one thing I have to say, it is that the progress bar is absolutely terrible. Haha.

I live in Canada and I have never exceeded the speed limit by more than 5 kilometres for longer than 10 continuous seconds. Sure it has annoyed people driving behind me on many occasions, but I intend on never breaking any traffic laws.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,133)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Wednesday, November 23rd 2016, 2:23am

I did the survery, but felt kind of bad about it in the end. I think you guys should have offered the choice of submitting via email on the last step. Some questions I really would not have wanted to answer and might have cancelled the survey totally, but I though, since I alread submitted my email I might just as well finish. There is some real private stuff to answer.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Wednesday, November 23rd 2016, 2:45am

I just finished it, extra questions included. I love psychology/sociology stuff like this, I'm definitely interested in seeing what sort of conclusions and such come of this.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Wednesday, November 23rd 2016, 4:06am

That was quite the long survey. Took me more than 15 minutes for sure.

if that's a long survey for you then you never did commercials surveys before, they can take 1-2 hours, and i did them live, with a person in fron tof me... though to be honest like
@BleedingUranium
i like this kind of stuff, both referring to psychology and surveys(i'm the kind of person who enjoys doing the majority of the tests they make you do at a "day hospital"(which funnily enough it's usually 3-5 days)

i need moar

@VincentNZ
i doubt your data infos will be exposed in any way, but i'm pretty sure you could have always used a secondary mail and be fine with it...

in general anyway, it was a decent short survey, though there were some unnecessary questions(why so many breaking-driving-laws questions? battlefield it's worldwide and with a very different array of ages into play, it's not like everyone has a license...) and the interface was in general not really polished, you could even see how the longer it kept going, the more defined the questions became, wheres in the first couple pages if you had a "0" experience of e.g quanti of /real life\ friends, you would be left in doubt wether to choose 0, nothing or some kind of message to say that you couldn't answer specifically (e.g. "how many times in a month do you get angry at someone?" well, do you know how many bits of of bread you ate in your whole life? ) and in general it would've been better if thyey just added a "skip this answer for X reason" button.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "iota-09" (Nov 23rd 2016, 4:12am)

Date of registration
: Sep 7th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Wednesday, November 23rd 2016, 4:10am

i need moar

I heard you could do surveys for Google with an app and earn money for their Play Store.

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Wednesday, November 23rd 2016, 4:13am

i need moar

I heard you could do surveys for Google with an app and earn money for their Play Store.

you can, but i specifically want surveys on things i am familiar with(this one was really perfect, though i would've liked to see some playstyle questions too, as web and gaming behaviour can affect real life bhaviour as well, and stats don't always show that true 100%(you may just suck and won't be able to do what you actually want to do, considering how sometimes physical capabilities also come into play with this kind of stuff) and usually the stuff you're thinking about is... fishy, though i admit i am not informed on it from quite a while.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3