Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Friday, November 11th 2016, 6:09pm

Wasn't Planetside 2 kind horrendous in terms of hardware requirements? I mean it sometimes has trouble maintaining a steady 60 (ok, with rather high settings) on a 970.
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield 4

Memorable quotes not taken yet:

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

I always believed science should be very hands on experience.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?

• "ARE5R06" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2014

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Friday, November 11th 2016, 6:33pm

The market for this exists, and is already heavily supported, to the point that most games released in that format fail in a few months due to heavy competition.

Low budget + limited marketing potential... i am not surprised they fail. Yet, a game like BF infantry play would surprise me, if it exists. And since I doubt any of them have an already developed brand. Together with the existing turd... Its no surprise. Not the low-end is the problem, but the turd hidden in there.

I wasnt asking for games, which a potato can run. I was asking whether a "low end version" would make any sense. hell I wouldnt mind a simple Valve-Source Engine conversion with movement+gunplay like bf.
still playin' Motorstorm

Date of registration
: Sep 7th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Saturday, November 12th 2016, 1:28am

So are you solely asking if the gaming market has any demand for a title that is similar to "Battlefield" but for lower specification computers? If you want to play a first person shooter that is similar, then why not just play the older "Battlefield" games? Both the Revive Project for "Battlefield 2" and the Revive Project for "Battlefield 2142" are semi legal if you are interested.

I know about battlefield play4free... Its gameplay was flawed, that's why it failed.

I used to do relatively well in this game even without having spent any money. K/D ratios up to 1.5 were very much achievable for me back then. I have no clue why I perform so much worse in "Battlefield 3", "Battlefield 4", and "Battlefield 1". Perhaps it is due to the players of paid games in general being more skilled overall.

• "ARE5R06" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2014

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Saturday, November 12th 2016, 12:06pm

So are you solely asking if the gaming market has any demand for a title that is similar to "Battlefield" but for lower specification computers? If you want to play a first person shooter that is similar, then why not just play the older "Battlefield" games? Both the Revive Project for "Battlefield 2" and the Revive Project for "Battlefield 2142" are semi legal if you are interested.

I know about these, but I really like the modern gameplay of current installments.

Self healing
Fast movement
ADS has tighter accuracy (which BF2 didnt had)
You are able to move on your own and teamplay is multiplied

Well, I would play Bad Company 2 as this has all of these, but I cant run it.
still playin' Motorstorm

LucidNonsenze

Elite (Not Really)

(708)

Date of registration
: May 14th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Saturday, November 12th 2016, 2:43pm

Got any kind of desktop you could maybe stick a new graphics card in?

A GTX 660 can run battlefront pretty well on medium-high settings but really struggles with BF1.

Signature

BF4, PC.

AMD FX8350 at 4.4GHz.
AMD R9 280x MSI Twin Frozr OC'ed to 1150MHz Core. 1700MHz Memory.
8GB Crucial RAM 1600MHz CL9-9-9-24 1T.
1TB 7200 RPM HD
Logitech G400 mouse.
MSI 990 series motherboard
1920 x 1080 IPS Monitor.

Date of registration
: Sep 7th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Saturday, November 12th 2016, 8:45pm

A GTX 660 can run battlefront pretty well on medium-high settings but really struggles with BF1.

Does that have anything to do with the DirectX 12 crashes I have been hearing about?

LucidNonsenze

Elite (Not Really)

(708)

Date of registration
: May 14th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Saturday, November 12th 2016, 9:23pm

Does that have anything to do with the DirectX 12 crashes I have been hearing about?
It's DX11 too, "DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE REMOVED. "

It occurs across the board but mostly in older Nvidia cards, aside from that the 660 struggles to get over 40-50fps on low in the middle of maps with 99% usage.

Signature

BF4, PC.

AMD FX8350 at 4.4GHz.
AMD R9 280x MSI Twin Frozr OC'ed to 1150MHz Core. 1700MHz Memory.
8GB Crucial RAM 1600MHz CL9-9-9-24 1T.
1TB 7200 RPM HD
Logitech G400 mouse.
MSI 990 series motherboard
1920 x 1080 IPS Monitor.