Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Feb 4th 2012

Platform: Xbox One

Reputation modifier: 7

Friday, September 16th 2016, 1:23pm

Hey Talent,

Sorry for the late response. Really interesting hearing this. By minority of Asians, do you mean that the Japanese, Koreans and Chinese only make up a small percentage of the whole of Asia, or do you mean that only a small percentage of Japanese, Koreans and Chinese individually experience this syndrom? Is Wikipedia wrong in indicating that a large percentage of men and women from these three countries suffer from "Asian Glow"?
Alcohol flush reaction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I know you cannot trust anything that is written on Wikipedia. I learnt that by watching an episode of Mr. Robot, haha. What is your response to the information shared on Wikipedia?
By the way, I'm envious of you for having access to all these scientific databases. Used to have that for business studies when at Uni. Without access to the database anymore, I am forced to pay for all these magnificant articles that are constantly released :)

Also, what about Asians having a lower tolerance for milk? Is this also entirely made up?

By minority I meant that there are more Asians that do not have "Asian Glow" than those who do. The only percentage I saw on that wiki page was "36% of East Asians" show signs of "Asian Glow", that would mean 64% of East Asians do not show signs of Asian Glow (aka the minority of Asians have Asian Glow). But still, wiki xD. I haven't really heard much in terms of Asians and lactose intolerance. I just know that the majority of adults around the world form some level of intolerance. Again, there's no such thing as race as a biological construct. Its purely a social construct. In my tailored classes, the only thing that was genetically defined was the lack of enzyme "Asians" held in terms of Alcohol. You must be paying a lot for those databases! I took an Honors Program so I got to take classes with a cohort, as well as getting personal interaction with all my professors, so I get a free account through them to access university materials. ^^

Any other questions? I got you covered. My classes were tailored toward social issues (race, gender, sexuality, disabilities, age, socioeconomic income etc etc), but since I've taken a Honors Program I have a pretty decent understanding of general psychology as well as General Education, specifically in terms of Critical Thinking and Logical Reasoning. So I can dabble in things like politics, government, environment, etc etc. My college education was pretty dandy now that I'm looking back on it.

Date of registration
: Jul 20th 2012

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 14

Friday, September 16th 2016, 1:30pm

Also, what about Asians having a lower tolerance for milk? Is this also entirely made up?

this one is true. about 90-100% of east asians are lactose intolerant to some degree. the alcohol flush reaction is also way more prevalent in asians.

however, none of this is indicative of a "race". these traits are merely genetic trends for certain populations given their environments. milk wasn't a staple in most asian diets until fairly recently, so the genetic mutation that allowed for permanent lactase (enzyme responsible for digesting lactose) expression simply wasn't selected for. likewise, alcoholism is very common in some asian cultures, so a mutation (or a set of mutations) that actively discourages alcohol consumption is positively selected for. there's also a hypothesis that suggests that the alcohol flush reaction is a byproduct of a mutation that conveyed resistance to certain parasites in that area.

Can't get a title

Date of registration
: Dec 23rd 2013

Platform: Xbox One

Reputation modifier: 13

Friday, September 16th 2016, 1:44pm

Again, personally, I have no problems with milk, and so does my mother.

However, I do have quite a number of Asian family members who are lactose intolerant.
something something Model 8 bestgun

How to ice an A-91

Next, wanna try adding a guy that you KNOW is bad, and just testing to see that? Example: PP-2000 (god I so wanna love this gun, and yet...)

Example: PP-2000 (god I so wanna love this gun, and yet...)

PP-2000 added. Y'know, it's not that bad....

Yes, it comes in last so far, but that is mostly because I'm making it shoot at 100m ADS - Not Moving as one of the criteria. Even then, between 50-100m Not Moving, when you include Useability, it is only 1.37% worse than the MTAR-21. Within 50m then it even beats the A-91.

Have a look, vs. the A-91 Carbine:

Using it with Muzzle Brake and Compensator is a wash in terms of overall performance. Comp is SLIGHTLY more accurate, while MB is SLIGHTLY more easy to use. Their overall scores are basically tied, with MB just ahead. I guess either can be recommended.

But... You can't be counting for the fact that it takes 9 bullets to kill at "long" range... Don't you dare tell me my A-91 is worse than a 9 BTK 650 RPM mediocre PDW.

Also. Just go heavy barrel. The recoil is low enough.

Well, technically...

Comparing a PP2K with HB and an A-91 with comp and stubby (as you suggested in an earlier post), at 50m not moving, the A-91 is only better by 4 damage per hitrate. While at 75m and 100m, surprisingly the PP2K does better than the A-91 (I'm pretty damn surprised as well).

And 10m and 50m moving the PP2K also does more damage per hitrate than the A-91. At 25m the A-91 is only better by about half a bullet's damage as well.

In addition, the PP2K has a much larger mag size and substantially less recoil. And it looks hella awesome. So comparing the A-91 to a PDW is of some worth after all, as the PP2K is better (technically, not practically) than the A-91.

Mind blown.

I... I...

*cries in a corner*

Zer0Cod3x explained it very well. If you look at the raw numbers right here on Symthic Comparison, you can see how that happened:

A-91 vs PP-2000 | BF4 Weapon Comparison | Symthic

A-91's "23%" RPM advantage only afforded it 1 extra round.

Reload times are wash.

Velocities are wash.

V-Recoil are wash (and this is HBar on PP2k vs. A-91 without).

Hipfire and ADS - Moving are better on the PP2k, but it's a PDW and not the surprising part.

The surprising part is that, as equipped (and we see above that PP2k HBar has almost same V-Recoil as A-91 without HBar so why not?), the PDW performs better at 50 - 100m than a bloody Carbine. Why?

H-Recoil Spread, 0.525 vs. 0.45, advantage PP2k.

SIPS, 42% better on the PP2k.

And here is the most important part. ADS - Not Moving Spread, 0.35 vs. 0.2, 43% improvement.

Without HBar then of course the PP2k loses, which is why when I add all the attachments together for an Overall Ranking, it would slot below the A-91. Run HBar on it, though, then... I'm sorry

I... I...

In all seriousness, thank you both so much for giving me the numbers. I still don't want to accept them. You have led the horse to water. I still need to drink.

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2014

Reputation modifier: 5

Friday, September 16th 2016, 4:33pm

I think the intolerance of milk is more dependent on cuisine than genetics or race. Milk and milk products are not traditionally consumed in parts of East Asia, at least in China. I remember stories that my grandmother told of when she was living in the Nanjing region in the 1930's, and one of them was how people considered cheese and butter to be novelties. I think most people develop some sort of lactose intolerance as they grow older (milk is usually only for nursing babies among mammals), but societies where people have milk or milk products as a major part of their diet will result in a slower onset of lactose intolerance.

As for me, I don't think I have lactose intolerance. I've lived my whole life in the US, and up until starting college, I drank a glass of milk every day as part of breakfast. This probably delayed the onset of lactose intolerance during the adolescent years. So I have no negative effects from drinking milk or eating anything made with milk. My dad works in molecular biology, and when I asked him about lactose intolerance, he said the body will naturally start shutting down lactase production when it no longer intakes lactose, probably because in most mammals, milk is only consumed by infants and once you grow up, you stop drinking milk and don't need lactase any more. By constantly drinking milk even into adulthood, the body continues to produce lactase and delays shutting down the lactase-production processes. But once the processes shut down, it's not easy to restart it and thus you get lactose intolerance. So I think you will see that most cultures that don't traditionally use milk in their cuisine will see more cases of lactose intolerance, Asian cultures just being one of them.

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Reputation modifier: 19

Friday, September 16th 2016, 9:55pm

ok, but how does all of this ties into asians being more susceptible to virtual reality nausea/motion sickness?
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%