Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,883)

• "Miffyli" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 17

Sunday, August 23rd 2015, 2:39am

Hiding Champion's Conquest League section

Now with CCL is coming up with bunch of threads and signed up teams a good bunch of CCL-only related posts are to be expected that can flood the recent activity box. Unfortunately I haven't found a way to hide this section from "recent activity" box on the main page nor make it hidden by default, so the only option is to let anyone who doesn't want to see all these posts from CCL disable the section for them.

Every user can hide forum sections from their settings (Edit profile -> Managment -> Threads on/off). Hiding sections there will effectively make it seem they don't even exist for you.
However for this occasion I also tweaked up a button below you can click and hide the CCL section in question for you. You can turn it back on again later if you like.
Do note the button will redirect you to the settings page.
Edit: This button now also hides some other sections like politics and swbf, so you have re-enable them!

I have only tested this on my account so please, do report if you find any bugs.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • InterimAegis - Weapon comparisons/scoring.
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • pmax - Statistical analysis of BF4 players/games.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Sunday, August 23rd 2015, 3:01am

it's a good thing to have the option, but honest talk, i don't even know if i'd like to follow this or not...i'm not really interested in e-sports and stuff, but seeing battlefield and even more symthic get a chance in this really is good, thus, i really don't know what i'd feel like when the time comes*.

*:even more because i barely have an idea of what this is, which means i just know it's something similar to esl or whatever, and that's about all i know.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Date of registration
: Aug 28th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Sunday, August 23rd 2015, 6:49am

The button disabled CCL but not its subsections, which I could view/access as before in Recent Activity / Unread posts. Disabling them individually solved the issue.

Also, I found a typo at Management -> Attachment: "File size greater then"
Why I don't use lasers:

Quoted

The Green Laser Sight you should almost always turn off as it gives away your vacation.

Quotes Corner

Double Ass-Ault Tank Lunch - YouTube

Most fun ever in this game mode.

BF4: Competitive Tank Launching

Rated on explosives used, launch, flight trajectory, style/tricks, and landing.

Shitgun: Whoops did I spell that wrong? Nah, I don't believe so.

Anyone got any ideas about what the UGL Rail on the L86 is for? (13/04 Patch notes.)

XM25 can't mount, can it? Looking forward to my Underslung Ammo box!

Is there any way for anyone that doesn't have mod powers to know what the IE on 360 thread is? I feel so left out...

Nope. Deleted so only mods can see the contents. It has some... interesting stuff there... *squints @Riesig <.< *

*Nick 30075's Application for Moderatorship follows:*

HURR DURR I IS GOOD MOD GIB IE ON 360

My application would be better.
"Totally not Tapatalk only. Pls gib pwor"

MrT3a

The only man who ever reported his own post!

(920)

Date of registration
: Jul 19th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Sunday, August 23rd 2015, 9:27am

I'll try to keep the main section visible, if general news are posted there

Sent from phone
Stats thingy

Quotes of wisdom (maybe)

I'm a battlefield player, good sir. I don't play metro.

PC is no longer PC master race. It's PC mustard race, because consoles need to ketchup :'D

DICE gave so much into making commander better, but lemmings be lemmings I guess.

As a good guy that don't want to use overly glitched weapons, I'll quit using the MTAR and switch to the ACWR until it's fixed

The world needs more people like you

+1, I think we're all in agreement that more MrT3as would be an awesome thing :love:
Although if that was the case they'd use up so much of the world's awesome that there'd be none left for the rest of us! :D

yes, I know, I'm a big-ass hypocrite

elementofprgress

Wizard moderator

(3,544)

Date of registration
: Jun 28th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Sunday, August 23rd 2015, 9:39am

The flood of CCL stuff should subside soon. Mostly the flood will be during the time things are getting set up. Once things are up and running the flood in the activity feed shouldn't be as bad.

it's a good thing to have the option, but honest talk, i don't even know if i'd like to follow this or not...i'm not really interested in e-sports and stuff, but seeing battlefield and even more symthic get a chance in this really is good, thus, i really don't know what i'd feel like when the time comes*.

*:even more because i barely have an idea of what this is, which means i just know it's something similar to esl or whatever, and that's about all i know.

If you have any questions about CCL feel free to ask. In short CCL is LIKE ESL but not. CCL is a 10v10 league run by Team Symthic, but unlike ESL it is tiered. In other words a team that is just forming or doesn't have much experience can play in Tier 2(if they want) and won't be forced to go up against a team that have been playing 10v10s for the past year and half/two years. If you are interested we are also setting up a free agent pool here

If you (or anyone) have any questions, even vaguely relating to CCL feel free to ask me, colossusofc1out, or you can ask in our CCL Q&A thread

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,883)

• "Miffyli" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 17

Sunday, August 23rd 2015, 3:16pm

Updated the button to also hide subsections. I first thought it would inherit the effect to sub-sections but apparently not.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • InterimAegis - Weapon comparisons/scoring.
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • pmax - Statistical analysis of BF4 players/games.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included