Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Veritable" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 8th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Wednesday, May 27th 2015, 11:03pm

BF4 2015 Spring Patch Errors On Site

Let's put them here so they will not be buried in the general patch thread. These are just what I noticed so feel free to add your own.

1. Groza-1 is a Carbine, but currently it is grouped with Assault.
  2. In the Multi-Comparison, neither Groza-1 nor Groza-4 can select any attachments. They seemed fine in Simple Comparison.

Also, looking for a bit of clarification, so probably not a bug to be reported. In Simple Comparison, Groza-1 is listed to use AFG. In-game selection it is limited to Ergo. I realize that some PDWs with built-in grips like the MP7, shows Folding Grip in-game but is actually functions like Ergo. Is that the similar (albeit reversed) case here for the Groza-1?

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,073)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 16

Wednesday, May 27th 2015, 11:58pm

1 is already "fixed" to the table and waiting for a push but something broke the multicomp thing somewhere... On first attempt on dev side it worked but now it indeed is not when everything seems to be in order. I'll look into this.

Grip thing, to my knowledge, if first that kind of exception so it could have the same effect and have that grip always enabled. I am not 100% sure tho.
@Rezal
Little bit of help? I need to sleep so can't dig too much into this
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration
: Sep 3rd 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Thursday, May 28th 2015, 12:03am

The Mare's Leg is missing from the sidearms.

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Thursday, May 28th 2015, 12:49am

G1 uses AFG. Vertigal is just visuals. AFG makes more sense stats wise.
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Thursday, May 28th 2015, 1:36am

I'm not really sure I get the logic of built-in attachments in this sense, when the stats could just be altered; why bother giving the G1 Comp/AFG instead of just balancing them with the end-result stats we have now? Especially the former where there isn't even a barrel attachment on the model anyway.
Who has fun, wins.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,529)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, May 28th 2015, 1:43am

I'm not really sure I get the logic of built-in attachments in this sense, when the stats could just be altered; why bother giving the G1 Comp/AFG instead of just balancing them with the end-result stats we have now? Especially the former where there isn't even a barrel attachment on the model anyway.

Probably because rebalancing it would be easier since you are simply turning booleans on/off instead of inputting entirely new stats.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Thursday, May 28th 2015, 1:53am

Probably because rebalancing it would be easier since you are simply turning booleans on/off instead of inputting entirely new stats.

Now yes, but when first building the guns. It's a simplicity thing, like DMRs getting 1x FSM.
Who has fun, wins.

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Thursday, May 28th 2015, 9:36am

Less FSM means more H or V recoil, which are already quite high. You'd probably be looking at 1.0 total H recoil or more.
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,073)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Thursday, May 28th 2015, 10:53am

Managed to fix it for dev and waits for push to online.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Thursday, May 28th 2015, 1:15pm

I imagine that all guns are balanced in their naked state. It is probably far more manageable and it makes the most sense IMO. Also, all attachments have the same (procentual) effect on weapons and attachment selection is generally the same in each weapon class so if weapons are well balanced against each other in their naked state they will likely be balanced with attachments as well. Things like minspread with HB obviously requires some extra attention (see DMRs and 44).

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.