Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,088)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Tuesday, January 27th 2015, 2:21pm

What kind of awards would that entail and how would they be awarded? I have the fear that the same people that inexplicably got their rep by their cronies and do not really contribute will just again rise and shine. That is unless the awards are along hte lines of "Dick of the Year 2015", "Thread-Derailer of Doom" or "Symthic's notorious Nagger"

Getting an award or rep does not mean that you are automatically right, too, or a carte blanche to show how elitist you feel in video games. I rather have it scrapped altogether and let people decide themselves who is worth listening to.

Date of registration
: Apr 12th 2013

Battlelog:

Tuesday, January 27th 2015, 2:50pm

Rep has been a good system for rewarding truly significant posts and work. Unfortunately, recent rep-padding has indeed made the system moot. Feedback / post is better than "a new kind of title system" or whatever that is stationary for periods of time.

Replacing rep with thumbs up/down, and making these anonymous, would be good I think. And here a binary signal, instead of rep-multiplier multiplied one would be fair and democratic. Anonymity to both prevent personalized negative emotions for the latter and rep-clique-circlejerk for the former.
"Less is more? How can that be? How could less be more, that's impossible. More is more." Yngwie Malmsten
"Many bullets help." WoopsyYaya
"most rhetorically legitimate ad hominem 2015" ToTheSun!

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,866)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, January 27th 2015, 2:59pm

Rep has been a good system for rewarding truly significant posts and work. Unfortunately, recent rep-padding has indeed made the system moot.

While I agree with what you said in your post, and the ideas in it, REP padding/boosting has been around for a long, long time. I recall a thread back in, what, August 2012 already regarding REP inflation and spam.

I'm glad the system's being changed, although, I'll be honest, I was expecting a complete abandon of the REP system, one for the aforementioned spam shenanigans and for how "buggy" it had become ("you've already rated this object", no notification being shown). Regardless, good change.
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.

• "Blue Panda" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jul 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Wednesday, February 4th 2015, 6:35pm

What kind of awards would that entail and how would they be awarded? I have the fear that the same people that inexplicably got their rep by their cronies and do not really contribute will just again rise and shine. That is unless the awards are along hte lines of "Dick of the Year 2015", "Thread-Derailer of Doom" or "Symthic's notorious Nagger"

Getting an award or rep does not mean that you are automatically right, too, or a carte blanche to show how elitist you feel in video games. I rather have it scrapped altogether and let people decide themselves who is worth listening to.

You're right, but reputation/awards motivate people to contribute in a positive way.

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,795)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Thursday, February 5th 2015, 1:31am

Just remove it. If you're only here to increase your e-penis rather than just helping people there's no value to it, it just breeds elitism which this forum suffers more and more from... Positive comments is more than enough to motivate people, or at least it should be.

"hey look mom, I got a gold star!!!"
Woopdeefuckingdoo :|

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again

Date of registration
: Sep 5th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Thursday, February 5th 2015, 12:12pm

We could use a similar system to the one the bros on the denkirson forum use. You have your postcount, and when you post someone can like your post, but the amount of likes isn't outright displayed (i don't think it even counts but don't quote me on that).
Clean signature best signature

Darktan13

Unhappy Camper

(4,360)

Date of registration
: Feb 13th 2012

Battlelog:

Thursday, February 5th 2015, 12:14pm

You have your postcount,

Why does this need to be displayed on every post? only needs to be in profile at best.

Link your boots!

Quoted from "J0hn-Stuart-Mill"

EMPOWER EMPOWER EMPOWER

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, February 5th 2015, 12:27pm

You have your postcount,

Why does this need to be displayed on every post? only needs to be in profile at best.

Link your boots!

Good point, but we're talking about the REP system here.

Darktan13

Unhappy Camper

(4,360)

Date of registration
: Feb 13th 2012

Battlelog:

Thursday, February 5th 2015, 12:36pm

You have your postcount,

Link your boots!

Good point, but we're talking about the REP system here.

Same point applies to rep system too ( in whatever form it takes ), your total accumulated kudos are not relevant to each statement on every topic you make.

Link yo boots!

Quoted from "J0hn-Stuart-Mill"

EMPOWER EMPOWER EMPOWER

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, February 5th 2015, 1:03pm

@darktan13
That's what i thought, yes.