Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,927)

• "Miffyli" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 17

Tuesday, September 23rd 2014, 2:52pm

Research reports to add on research section.

New section is coming up nicely (recycling ftw), and I could start taking suggestions for reports to add on this section. At the moment it is pretty much the same as game tools section just with different context, I might change it to be bit more compact tho.
I know there are quite many already there somewhere but I was hoping you guys could dig them up for me and post here :v.

Requirements:
  • Title for the report
  • Author (doh).
  • Description (What/How/Where, results etc.)
  • Few word description on what game it relates to / what it is based on (eg. "Battlefield 4", "Based on player database of BF4")
  • Date when report was originally posted (if possible).
  • Link to forum post / file / page

Allowed subjects of reports (suggested report should go to one or more of these. Feel free to suggest more subjects):
  • Statistical/Empericial analysis done on anything related gaming (game mechanics, players, etc)
  • Mathematical calculations / Theorems on game mechanics (Should be somewhat advanced, like 3VN's T100)
  • Bigger reports on different statistical values, like "what's the most commonly used weapon". (Something that is not available elsewhere.)

Other "requirements":
  • Must be based on something rock-solid / commonly accepted! No personal opinions / assumptions except in the ending (when interpreting the result).
  • While not absolute requirement, one should ALWAYS cite sources. Google fu exists, but it's author's responsibility to ease reader's job.

That should be it. Naturally I might have forgotten something so please punch me with a reply if you see something wrong with this list above.
@3VerstsNorth
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • InterimAegis - Weapon comparisons/scoring.
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • pmax - Statistical analysis of BF4 players/games.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Miffyli" (Nov 29th 2014, 5:42pm)

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,320)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, September 23rd 2014, 10:01pm

Preliminary Optimal Shooting Techniques And Attachments by 3VerstsNorth

Describes best attachments and shooting technique for Battlefield 4 infantry weapons.

November 10, 2013

Brute-force approach to BF4 gun balance & optimal attachments, burst sizes, and aim targets
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,927)

Date of registration

Wednesday, September 24th 2014, 1:10pm

Alright added that to the list (assuming 3VN doesn't mind :v). Where are all the rest researchs/analysis?
@pmax
At least you did one, but not sure about adding it to anything before I get answer from you.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,927)

Date of registration

Saturday, November 29th 2014, 5:45pm

Bumping for attention as I am back on doing this thing. Needs more "reports"

@3VerstsNorth
Maybe adding the game mechanic analysis you did?

Also do you guys thing "Analytics"/"Analysis" would be appropiate term for reports that are not really under game mechanics nor statistics category? (ie. t100)

Date of registration
: Apr 12th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Saturday, November 29th 2014, 8:53pm

Shooting mechanics would fit there well I think. The T100 and click rate analyses should be redone however, because the framing changes everything.
"Less is more? How can that be? How could less be more, that's impossible. More is more." Yngwie Malmsten
"Many bullets help." WoopsyYaya
"most rhetorically legitimate ad hominem 2015" ToTheSun!

elementofprgress

Wizard moderator

(3,544)

Date of registration
: Jun 28th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Saturday, November 29th 2014, 9:36pm

Do we have any vehicle research and reports that can be added?