Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,073)

• "Miffyli" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 16

Monday, September 22nd 2014, 3:24pm

Section for scientific "research" reports [Vote]

28%

Yes, replace game tools section. (7)

64%

Yes, do a new section for it. (16)

8%

No. (2)

One of the new things we could add on site is a section for research reports done on different game aspects by Symthic community. Technically it would be a copy/paste from "Game Tools" page's codes with some tweaking.
I figure it sounds good idea because 1) It says "game science" in Symthic logo and 2) There are several 'researches' done by Symthic community which could use more attention.
Being a community site I naturally come and ask your opinion about this. Vote and possibly tell your opinions about this.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

CobaltRose

I'll be there... around every corner... in every empty room...

(1,219)

Date of registration
: Nov 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Monday, September 22nd 2014, 3:33pm

I wouldn't mind it. It's a pain in the ass when a really useful research thread gets buried in its section by other less-useful (or downright stupid) threads. Having those kind of things in a separate section would narrow down the search bubble.
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

Memorable Quotes

I once tried to burn a bridge, but due to the half-assed levolution implementation it kept standing up just fine.

Compared to the MTAR, the PDR has the TTK of your average pack of cigarettes.

The World Champion, on the Tactical Light:
"Oh don't mind me, I'm just out of ammo and I'll just POCKET SUN!!!!"

What can't be changed can be banned.

I'm completely serious. Well, seriously insane actually :P

If only more people left the wheel chair, adjustable hospital bed, and crutches behind and played HC. (aka Regen, Minimap, Killcam)

Natalia Poklonskaya:
Putin the cute in prosecute since 2014.

I can't look at my own avatar without having to pee. GG Me. GG.

I swear to god if you reply with a picture of the AEK I'll mail you a buttplug shaped like one.

The one time when "it's only three inches" is a good thing.

How do you guys control your FAMAS burst length since it fires its mag in just 1,5 seconds))
I consider each magazine a burst. :/

This is Symthic, we don't do "feels" around here ;)

Maveco

You can't stop the Smooze!

(610)

Date of registration
: Mar 16th 2013

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Monday, September 22nd 2014, 3:36pm

Why not use BF4's misc. section under general info, wich is currently empty.

Date of registration
: Aug 27th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Monday, September 22nd 2014, 4:21pm

Are weapon reviews coming back by any chance?
Hackintosh user, european player, suppressor lover.
Latest creation

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,073)

Date of registration

Monday, September 22nd 2014, 4:39pm

Why not use BF4's misc. section under general info, wich is currently empty.

Becaaause these would not only be BF4 researchs? Most are done on BF3/BF4 etc, but depending on the context they can be applied to any/similar FPS games.

Are weapon reviews coming back by any chance?

We thought of doing that but I think we scrapped the idea for one reason or another.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,456)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, September 22nd 2014, 9:18pm

A separate section is good. I feel that the amount of netcode digging I did, which is quite a bit, has been buried even though it's quite important in my opinion. A separate section would give such investigations more visibility and would likely encourage more such activities.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Nov 5th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Monday, September 22nd 2014, 9:23pm

I thought that's why there was a general discussion and a technical discussion, at least for BF4
This is where I'm coming from: Clicky

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,073)

Date of registration

Monday, September 22nd 2014, 9:55pm

A separate section is good. I feel that the amount of netcode digging I did, which is quite a bit, has been buried even though it's quite important in my opinion. A separate section would give such investigations more visibility and would likely encourage more such activities.

This++. Exactly my thoughts. You guys have spent more than few hours on some of the stuff and they just get burried under casual forum topics.

Date of registration
: Apr 12th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Monday, September 22nd 2014, 9:58pm

Best initiative in a long time!

Definitely a separate section.
"Less is more? How can that be? How could less be more, that's impossible. More is more." Yngwie Malmsten
"Many bullets help." WoopsyYaya
"most rhetorically legitimate ad hominem 2015" ToTheSun!

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,456)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, September 22nd 2014, 10:02pm

This++. Exactly my thoughts. You guys have spent more than few hours on some of the stuff and they just get burried under casual forum topics.

Best initiative in a long time!

Definitely a separate section.

And 3VerstsNorth's T100 topic could be moved there as well.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.