Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,634)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 17

Saturday, September 20th 2014, 2:14pm

Hmmm.... Was this on forum or actual Symthic site? On forum side it could be some forum feature using that site for something (not in our hands, once again), and on Symthic side it could be from ads somehow (I don't know exactly how adblocks work, but if somehow browser's features get ahead of adblock they might "doubleblock" ad domain stuff like this).
I can keep saying we don't install any malware stuff on the site(), but of course nobody should trust that sooo uhh... hmmm...

@Maveco
If this keeps happening more often and for several days do post about it again.

() Not intentionally :D. We're not pro programmers and we might accidently use combination of functions that could be interperted as malwareish. However if this were the case, it would trigger the alarm way more often.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Maveco

You can't stop the Smooze!

(610)

Date of registration
: Mar 16th 2013

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Saturday, September 20th 2014, 3:29pm

@Miffyli
Wrong string entry for @quote function?
... or implying code-testing for science like that js banMaveco() function?

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,634)

Date of registration

Saturday, September 20th 2014, 4:08pm

@Miffyli
Wrong string entry for @quote function?
... or implying code-testing for science like that js banMaveco() function?

Ummm >.<... I am not quite sure what do you mean. 2clever4me.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Maveco

You can't stop the Smooze!

(610)

Date of registration
: Mar 16th 2013

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Saturday, September 20th 2014, 6:13pm

@Miffyli
I was asking if you could've misquoted me instead of 'R' in your post :3

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,634)

Date of registration

Saturday, September 20th 2014, 6:18pm

@Miffyli
I was asking if you could've misquoted me instead of 'R' in your post :3

Oh, shat. Yeah I did misquote you accidently for... some... reason... My bad >.<

@R
See above.

R

tits pls

(2,621)

• "R" started this thread

Date of registration
: Sep 16th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Saturday, September 20th 2014, 10:22pm

@Miffyli

It was on the forums. More specifically, it happened about 10 times in a row when I tried to access the newest post of "Post your desktop" thread. It seems like threads with lots of pictures uploaded to weird sites gave me issues. I haven't seen the popup since yesterday, even on the "post your desktop" thread, so I'm still unsure as to what is happening.

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,634)

Date of registration

Saturday, September 20th 2014, 10:49pm

I guess it was just from somebody's post then. Like said, those antivirus softwares can be too protective at times and especially on webpages they can act bit randomly as there are so many things happening in browser.

DeathOfTheDodo

Veni, SMAW, Vici

(863)

Date of registration
: Jun 30th 2013

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Sunday, September 21st 2014, 12:29am

The picture is citing 'autoimagesize.com' as the source, so it looks like someone probably used that site for an image source and that's setting off the antivirus.

Whoever that is should probably scan their computer. What threads were you getting it on?
[SYM]Deathofthedodo
BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED

"AK Attachment Guide"

No.