Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Wednesday, August 20th 2014, 4:57pm

One more thing: are the plans for incorporating weapon attachments into the weapon charts scrapped?

I would really like to be able to check the suppressed velocities in a weapon class without going through them 5-by-5 in the advanced comparison.

Well I wouldn't say they are completely scrapped. Just removed the "coming soon" part. I was thinking of filling those missing stuff while doing pages for BF:H.
Ok, nice =)

PS: I just noticed that it's not possible to "attach" attachments to the DT weapons in the advanced comparison.

Oh yes. Always forget that (this is why I want even more automation xD). I'll fixed it on dev server and nagging Sym about pushing it.
<3

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,612)

• "Miffyli" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 17

Wednesday, August 20th 2014, 10:56pm

Alright missing attachments in multicomparison are fixed. Also the bar with different parts of site has been "updated" and doesn't have that long horizontal box with empty space (altho I am not sure if I like the way it is atm)
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,612)

Date of registration

Monday, August 25th 2014, 6:56pm

By they way, wasn't there once a file browser "software" for bf3 that connected IDs and stuff so you didn't have to manually go through right files yourself? It kind of sounds useful but would it be worth the effort if there were web based file browser that had those IDs/hashes connected in one way or another? (ie. clicking the hash opens the right data or just opens a spoilery thing, filling the data for that hash below that line)
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

elementofprgress

Wizard moderator

(3,544)

Date of registration
: Jun 28th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Wednesday, August 27th 2014, 10:46pm

By they way, wasn't there once a file browser "software" for bf3 that connected IDs and stuff so you didn't have to manually go through right files yourself? It kind of sounds useful but would it be worth the effort if there were web based file browser that had those IDs/hashes connected in one way or another? (ie. clicking the hash opens the right data or just opens a spoilery thing, filling the data for that hash below that line)

I think a simple version would be fairly easy.
For example take ACR(http://bf4data.jjj.fi/#_Dragons_teeth/ga…ns/ACR/ACR.dice)
To get to its bullet data. The line of code

Source code

ProjectileData Gameplay/Weapons/Common/Bullets/556x45mmNATO_Carbine/0b25cb4c7fba6740bf8eb01a36b86f9e

just grab the file path, replace the /GUID with .DICE and tac it on to the existing link to get http://bf4data.jjj.fi/#_Dragons_teeth/Ga…TO_Carbine.dice. Well almost. It will take a little more working of it to get the link because it needs to be http://bf4data.jjj.fi/#_Dragons_teeth/ga…TO_Carbine.dice.

It would be much harder but awesome if you could actually get it to go to the GUID. Like not just bring you to the projectile file but being you to the BulletEntityData 0b25cb4c7fba6740bf8eb01a36b86f9e part of the file. The amount of effort required for that probably wouldn't be worth it.

Linking GUIDs, even just the "simple" version, in the data browser would probably make me switch from browsing the folders on my computer to using the data browser. Also if sections were collapsible. The first thing I do in Notepad ++ when looking at data is switch to the python language and the fold all. That way I can just find the section I need and unfold that section.

Symthic Forum Rules
Battlefield Data Browser
Come join us on teamspeak!!!
Symthic/Team Symthic Teamspeak: TeamSym.Nitrado.net

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,612)

Date of registration

Thursday, August 28th 2014, 7:45pm

@elementofprgress
Linking to spesific GUID was my goal as some of the files have loots of different "items" in them. Will see how it will go, first I have to understand Sym's coding style :v.

Octopuss

Rocktopus

(274)

Date of registration
: Feb 16th 2013

Reputation modifier: 9

Sunday, August 31st 2014, 6:42pm

Will a fix for "you've already rated this post/something" make it in? I find it a bit weird it hasn't been fixed yet. How long has it been annoying everyone, 9+ months?

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,612)

Date of registration

Sunday, August 31st 2014, 6:46pm

Will a fix for "you've already rated this post/something" make it in? I find it a bit weird it hasn't been fixed yet. How long has it been annoying everyone, 9+ months?

I think it hasn't been fixed because Sym couldn't find a way to fix it. IIRC he tried it for weeks and asked some people about it but couldn't just fix it. Nevertheless I'll add it to list so I can take a look at it.

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,612)

Date of registration

Monday, September 1st 2014, 10:35pm

@elementofprgress
Managed to do what you requested to filebrowser (some of you might have noticed my wip stuff at times in filebrowser, too lazy to update dev server with that :v). It parses links starting with Gameplay/ and makes them into clickable links which opens up that file.
Things to note tho:
  • Only the ones ending with guid (hash) work, as the second last is the file and the hash is the item in that file. Stuff like names are done in Gameplay/blabl/blabl/name fashion and thus are parsed as links but they really don't lead to anywhere.
  • There is no way to go back to the file you just came from. I might add button for this (should be possible).
  • Betaish and possibly some bugs here and there. I just managed to get it working and did little testing here and there. Especially if a path in file and real directory name mismatch (case-sensitive. Had to rename "common" -> "Common") the link wont work.

I can sleep as a happy man now :D. I might make the "collapsable" thing as it sounds much easier to use and I am starting to get hang of jQuery finally.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Miffyli" (Sep 1st 2014, 10:45pm)

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration
: Jul 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Monday, September 1st 2014, 10:58pm

Off Topic

OCTOPUSS!!! YOU'RE BACK!!! YAAAAY!!! I'VE MISSED YOU DUDE!!!!! 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o :thumbsup:

Everybody's Favourite Worthless Support and LMG Fan! :thumbsup:

Song currently stuck in my head is: Red Cold River by Breaking Benjamin!